Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My new fake cards. Huh? Shadow Pokemon Cards?

My new fake cards. Huh? Shadow Pokemon Cards?

Hello. I created a couple new cards on photoshop (just messing around) and came up with a couple interesting new cards, not to mention the "shadow" pokemon card blank I got ahold of. Wonder if this really means we will start seeing Shadow cards???

Anyways here is my first card I created, which took me about 5 hours to blend everything in just right. I now realize that the 2nd attack is kinda pointless and should have made it so that it does 100 damage to all pokemon ex in play (while still doing 100 to the active). This may be a bit of an overkill so I just decided to stick with the original idea which isn't TOO broken because one can only have one pokemon star card in their deck anyways. Well here's the first card I made.

http://img92.echo.cx/img92/4090/charizardstarv35bo.jpg

The second card is from the shadow blank I talked about above. This didn't take me as long because I'm already getting the hang of how to make the cards. I can't decide which is better, the star card or this shadow card. Here's the link for the other card.

http://img169.echo.cx/img169/9093/sh...rdfinal2oq.jpg

I honestly had fun making these and these cards are all just for fun so don't take the attacks too seriously. I honestly do want to see more Charizard cards printed from PUI so as the time goes on when I get better at making these I just may propose some pretty sweet new cards that I think would be cool to add to the metagame.

As for the "shadow" cards, does anyone know what the story is on these? Are these just fake blanks that someone made for fun, or does PUI really plan to release "shadow" pokemon cards in the near future? I think that would be kinda neat because it involves a risky chance of winning the game vs. not winning the game as easily as it is today when one KO's a Pokemon EX.

Anyways I'd also appreciate any comments people have on the cards. I TRIED to get everything as accurate as possible, such as the placement of the text, symbols, and etc. Enjoy!

Images
    dude the shadow one is sick I do like how you used the zard eric drew for the star one
    WWSDPMD?Proud Member of the HOT TIE SOCIETY!!! Hola Entrenador!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Players
    Toxicroak Won Worlds!!! Believe It!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top 10 Book of Pokemon
    Bulbasaurs got Your Back
    Cool Points Count- 76

Images
    There have been... like... two different Shadow Pokémon rules already. Take a look at the link in my siggie.

Both cards: Have you EVER seen a basic Pokémon with over 120 HP? No. It's a Stage 2 card, so I can see why you're trying to give it way too much HP, but cut it off at 120 max. Otherwise, it'd be too strong/broken.

Charizard (*): In Chariz (*)'s 2nd attack, it should say, "if the Defending Pokémon is Pokémon (*)", much like the "If the Defending Pokémon is Pokémon-ex". Their phrasing, not mine. Also, I think it should be 80 and + 120 if Pokémon (*).

Shadow Charizard: Not too bad, because of the mandatory Energy discard.
    Last edited by MegaVelocibot; 06/24/2005 at 04:29 AM.
    New to the game? Want to learn how to improve your deck-building with just two theme decks?
    Check out I Double Theme Decks!

I Play Theme Decks 2010 Finalist

Member Services Administrator EeveeLover's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Images
    When do I get some of those, They are awesome! The Shadow is perfect that I can see... good work.
    Wayne Cunningham

'08, '09, '10, '11, '12 (HJ), '13 US Nats Judge
    '06, '08, '09 Worlds Staff / '10, '11, '12, '13 Worlds Judge
    League Owner / League Leader / Tournament Organizer / Professor / Judge

charizard-um...why is there a Giovanni picture...

other card-image broken, can't see it
    Daieoskail II: Revelation
    The original Daieoskail
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Zangoose View Post
    Well, if [Palin] won the 2012 election, that would definitely prove all those doomsday theories to be true. >__>

both are working fine =/
    and like lorak said, why so much HP?
    Last edited by SomethingElse; 06/24/2005 at 07:15 AM.

Pokemon (*) almost always have large(r) amounts of HP. Take a look at Torchic (*), Mudkip (*), and Treecko (*).

But, yeah, usually any Pokemon that's supposed to have something to do with Team Rocket have lower-than-usual HP, so Shadow Charizard shoud have 100-120 HP.

Images
    Yeah, but all the Pokemon (*) I can think of have 120 HP or less, regardless of level. 180 HP, even if it is just 1 per deck, is too much for a non-ex card.
    New to the game? Want to learn how to improve your deck-building with just two theme decks?
    Check out I Double Theme Decks!

I Play Theme Decks 2010 Finalist

And only (R) Energy requirements won't work. 3 different at least.

Hey now this was all just for fun. It's not like I was trying to be TOO serious with the attacks. The "star" (*) killer should have been an ex killer instead. I mainly was just trying to show off the art and also see if everyone else thought I got the text right and everything else placed correctly. I was only making them for fun.

Why a giovanni pic you ask? I also have a rocket grunt pic on the shadow one. Just because I'm a HUGE team rocket fan and I thought it would be fun to make my own team rocket "promo" set just for the heck of it.

I am proud of both cards and I do realize that the (*) killer is a bit too broken, but HP DOES NOT concern me. Sure it's true that most rocket cards have lower HP, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't have to cut HP down by THAT much. I was originally going to have the (*) charizard at 200 HP but thought it was too broken and with the EX at 160 already, I figured it would make since to make it 180HP.

As for the shadow one, wanted to stay consistent with the HP too and tried to make sure it wasn't too broken.

I'm still learning the "holo" tricks so if anyone has any photoshop advise for me on how to make these better, please let me know. I did it all for fun but when I get better at these I plan to make the attacks more "realistic" to the current cards out there.

Quote Originally Posted by ColdFire64
    Hey now this was all just for fun. It's not like I was trying to be TOO serious with the attacks.

HP DOES NOT concern me.
    Get out of this forum. NOW. If you're not going to be serious, do not make cards here.
    Daieoskail II: Revelation
    The original Daieoskail
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Zangoose View Post
    Well, if [Palin] won the 2012 election, that would definitely prove all those doomsday theories to be true. >__>

Quote Originally Posted by Burninating_Torchic
    Get out of this forum. NOW. If you're not going to be serious, do not make cards here.
    What are you talking about??

I am basically trying to say that you guys shouldn't be taking the HP so seriously, that's all. I actually made a lot of thought and consideration when making the attacks and trying to word them like Nintendo does so I think that's being serious enough so back off.

I'm sorry I even bothered to show them off to anyone. I was MAINLY looking for comments on the cards themselves, such as do they look REAL enough? Is everything set in the right place? Did I get the holo set right? Things like that.

All I've seen most of you guys do is criticize that it has too much HP, or that the 2nd attack on the (*) is too broken. BIG DEAL! It's MY card and I'll make it HOWEVER I want to so leave it at that!!!

I was mainly looking for opinions on how they look and I was TRYING to say that you guys should focus on other things besides the attacks or what it does.

Don't be all telling me to leave these forums, they are public forums and I can post in them whenever I want! I have every right to post here, as do you and anyone else who wants to post stuff. If you honestly didn't think I was being serious about the attacks, HP, and other NONSENCE then whatever. It's not like I made it have 500 HP or something stupid like that. I 've seen many people make lots of broken cards and I thought I was being serious and realistic when I made them both 180 HP.

I honestly thought I was making serious attacks and I thought I was wording the "blast burn" attack correctly because it was meant (at the time) to do 100 to each (*) in play, but I realized NOW that it is a pointless attack because you are only supposed to have 1 (*) card in your deck anyways and now I am going to have to go back and make it an EX killer instead.

I'll make my attacks however I wan't. It's not like I made them too broken.

The reason why I'm saying it's all for fun is because I had fun making the card, and honestly thought it was a fun card to look at and admire. I was serious about everything else but you have to admit it's not like Nintendo will take our fake card ideas and make them into real cards. Do you honestly think they will? NO. This forums (Make a Card) is all just a fun process and it's not like I'm the ONLY one here who hasn't posted "serious" attacks since you like to look at it from that viewpoint.

So since you've been giving me dumb advice, perhaps you should get out of this forum and bury yourself in a ditch where you can't bother anybody instead of just putting words in my mouth and assuming too much. :rolleyes

Oh, and the 2nd link for the shadow picture DOES work and always has worked, so try it again if you really have to see it and maybe you will think twice about criticizing my "broken" attacks because the Shadow card is actually more realistic and the first one was the first card I ever made so at least give me some credit on how good they look instead of insulting me for not thinking of better attacks.

So so sorry to have disappointed you.....

BT TAKE IT EASY. We talked to you about this. Everyone starts out somewhere... Err... Everyone meaning... ummm... ok n/m but take it easy! Just explain to him that * arn't suposed to be stronger then EX. Infact there suposed to be bad. And have 3 different Energy requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Pokemon Trainer
    BT TAKE IT EASY. We talked to you about this. Everyone starts out somewhere but take it easy! Just explain to him that * arn't suposed to be stronger then EX. Infact there suposed to be bad. And have 3 different Energy requirements.
    Yeah obviously I'm a n00b at this whole thing, so just bear with me and cut me some slack BT!

I'm sure that once I get the making process down I can do better attacks.

Charizard is my favorite Pokemon of all time, as Team Rocket is my favorite team of all time. So I wanted to have fun and try blending the 2 together. Like I SAID, I honestly tried to make the attacks serious, and I actually respect the fact that the energies should be 3 different requirements, but then again look at Rayquaza (*), where it only has 2 different types.

It is just a fantasy card of mine that I thought was cool and if you are going to be that upset over something SOOO stupid such as HP then perhaps you should criticize someone else.

Now APT, do tell me, WHY are (*)'s supposed to be worse than ex?? If you haven't payed attention, Latios (*), Latias (*), and Ray (*) are EX killers, which makes them better and more powerful than EX. I figured I'd be creative and put in a really strong (*) card that is a (*) killer for this purpose, that's what I was thinking at the time I made the thing.

Other than that, I appreciate the rest of your comments everyone. If there is any advice that anyone can give me on the card itself, to make it better and comment on if everything is placed right (Eevee Lover thinks it's good) but I would appreciate more feedback as well.

Thanks again to all who left comments.

Because the only Energy requirement is fire. With the latis and ray it was 2/3. And Cold Fire you do seem serious about this. (Ur grammer and spelling is pretty good not opponent's pokemon is NOsdw paralizyd or something like that) you'l be a good CACre some day. Go w/ 120 HP Shinies arn't suposed to have more HP then EX there just well consider them as normal.

Because the only Energy requirement is fire. With the latis and ray it was 2/3. And Cold Fire you do seem serious about this. (Ur grammer and spelling is pretty good not opponent's pokemon is NOsdw paralizyd or something like that) you'l be a good CACre some day. Go w/ 120 HP Shinies arn't suposed to have more HP then EX there just well consider them as normal.
    Hey I am serious about this whole thing and I thought it was all a fun thing to do and I also thought that this forum was just made up cards for fun, that's why I made what I made and posted them here. Apparently BT isn't the type of person who likes to have fun and think logically/seriously at the same time.... Oh well I'm not mad at him anymore.

By the way, thanks for the tips! Like I said this is something I just started doing so it's not like I'm going to have the "Perfect" card right away, that's why I posted them here to learn more about this whole card making thing, but CERTAIN PEOPLE just had to cross the line and tell me to leave this forum, ROFL!!

Anyways I also wanted to ask, what does "CACre" mean? Sorry it's just that I'm bad with abbreviations.

Now that I look at it, I can see that the (*) card just may have been broken for the energy cost alone and possibly the damage. At the time I made it, I was thinking, "If Charizard EX can have 160 HP and do 200 damage with 5 fire energy cost, then what's wrong with 4 energy cost to do 100 and discard all to do an extra 100 to other (*) pokemon?". Plus after doing some reading on Ray (*), I figured I'd do an attack like it's first one where you flip until you get tails and I have never seen any attack like that higher than 40 HP. Maybe I should have kept that part down to 20 or 30 damage for each heads instead of 40. Hey, at least I didn't make the attacks 1 colorless energy and have them do 1,000 damage or something like that. Those are the kinds of cards you look at and KNOW that whoever made them wasn't thinking seriously or logically. Yet I still get insulted, and not sure how that works or why, but oh well.

The thing is, that's where it stumps me on having different energy cost, especially with something like charizard, a fire type. The only 3 that make since to me right now to use would be like Fire, Metal, and Colorless or something like that, but I've already done that with "Iron Tail" on the Shadow Charizard.

Plus, since it is a "shadow" it's not a dark type or anything so I tried to keep it realistic like from the Gamecube game where it's a different color (just like shinings) but they still do the same attacks and they are the same TYPE. The Shadow Charizard is my best creation so far, IMO and I also thought that they attacks were more realistic and not too broken.

I don't seem to recall any Shadow Pokémon other than Lugia in XD: Gale of Darkness being different in color. Shadow Pokémon have AURAs to distinguish them, but not different coloring entirely. Not one of the 48 snaggables in Colosseum was colored differently, unless you caught a shining Shadow Pokémon.

You might want to take a look at Burninating_Torchic's image fake Shadow Latios. The Latios in the artwork is colored no different than a regular Latios. Note that there's a nonregulation type on that card, Burninating_Torchic's got a special breed of types called "Ultima types" that aren't all that popular.
    Last edited by Carrington388; 06/24/2005 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrington388
    I don't seem to recall any Shadow Pokémon other than Lugia in XD: Gale of Darkness being different in color.
    Yeah I think that's Nintendo's way of getting you to catch Lugia if you can't make it to their events and get the tickets to catch them on your own. They probably think "they'll gladly pay $50 to catch lugia at home!". I was trying to find ways to edit some charizard pictures into a black/purple shining color instead of just orange or just black to use on the shining card. However, since that didn't work out as well as I thought it would I figured I'd just put in another shining charizard picture instead.

Other than that I think the card looks good and "dark" kind of like a shadow look IMO.

Blog Entries
    Images
    BT: who died and made you mod/ruler of the CaC forum? =/

If you know you don't like another person's card, then just SKIP the thread and move along.

So a card doesn't meet YOUR lofty standards ...that doesn't mean that the card is worthless to THAT person, or to others who read the forum.

As Thumper said: "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." There's nothing in the forum rules that says YOU are sole arbiter of what is a 'worthy' fake card; quit trying to impose your POV on everyone else. You are NOT THE MOD of this or any other forum!

'mom
    Last edited by SD PokeMom; 06/24/2005 at 09:11 PM.
    SD area players: join the Play! Pokemon San Diego facebook group for local event info!
    League Leader, San Diego Games and Comics / PTO, San Diego CA
    My eyes being hindered by blind passions, I cannot perceive the light that grasps me;
    Yet the great compassion, without tiring, Illumines me always.
    Namuamidabutsu...

Images
    ColdFire: Feel free to make fun cards.
    News flash to some members: They're..... FAKE cards!
    Purely for enjoyment.
    Different people enjoy different things.
    Promote your viewpoint, sure. That's fine.
    But no one has the right to say that their viewpoint on FAKE cards is the only right one.

This is not a dictatorship.

And anyway, if it was, it would be our dictatorship.
    Rules Team Member / Member of Team Compendium - The Pokemon Rulings Compendium - Co-Owner of PokeGym.net
    Premiere Tournament Organizer
    Invited to Judge every US National Championship and World Championship
    Masters Head Judge TCG World Championship 2010 - Seniors Head Judge US Nationals 2009

And only (R) Energy requirements won't work. 3 different at least.
    Not neccessarily true. Of ALL of the 17 current Pokemon *, only 3 use any more than one different energy requirement. (Latias*, Latios*, Rayquaza*)

But anyways, we shouldn't fight over the abilities of Pokemon *, because we all know that the most ridiculosly created Pokemon * is none other than... Scott*!!!

Yes, that's right! You don't have to be a Pokemon anymore to be a Pokemon*, hence the existance of this card!!

Scott*-70HP [C]

Poke-Power: Have we met before?

When you play Scott* from your hand to your Bench, you may search your deck for a Scott Supporter Card, show it to your opponent, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

[C][C] Various Encounters 20+

This attack does 20 damage plus 20 more damage for each Scott Supporter Card in your Discard Pile.

Weakness: none
    Resistance: none
    Retreat: [C][C] (I mean, after all, he seems a little heavy set, right?)

Images
    BT: Drop it before you get a week off.
    Rules Team Member / Member of Team Compendium - The Pokemon Rulings Compendium - Co-Owner of PokeGym.net
    Masters Head Judge TCG World Championship 2010 - Seniors Head Judge US Nationals 2009

Images
    Both parties! Back to the topic or it will be locked.

Certainly you don't want this thread to become another Rod Roddy memorial tribute. Trust me, spam can kill a topic like it did the Rod Roddy tribute. The second post of that thread was once an advertisement for a contest, mostly filled with garbage and a request for people to enter. The next two posts below that were negative responses to that spam post. Post five was, and still is, another "enter the contest" demand. Post six was a lock notice, and below that was the final post to the moderator that ordered the thread locked. Just goes to show how good threads can be locked because of one person's greed that they resort to spam to get the word across.

Quote Originally Posted by ColdFire64
    The thing is, that's where it stumps me on having different energy cost, especially with something like charizard, a fire type. The only 3 that make since to me right now to use would be like Fire, Metal, and Colorless or something like that, but I've already done that with "Iron Tail" on the Shadow Charizard.

Shining Charizard used Fire and Lightning. So you could use Fire, Metal, and Lightning in an attack...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast