Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attitudes in this game

Quote Originally Posted by NoPoke
    Moss haven't you ever played age-modified?

However using the rating system at all is like comparing apples with bricks!
    All the real tournaments are Age Separated. Local tourneys and maybe Cities are really the only ones Age-Modefied. ;p Overall, the 15+ is a harder division and more difficult to earn points in, in most areas. Let us have our fun with the ratings, spoil sport.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor_Chris
    All the real tournaments are Age Separated. Local tourneys and maybe Cities are really the only ones Age-Modefied. ;p Overall, the 15+ is a harder division and more difficult to earn points in, in most areas. Let us have our fun with the ratings, spoil sport.
    theres a difference between having fun and causing static with other players or their parents or their friends
    WWSDPMD?Proud Member of the HOT TIE SOCIETY!!! Hola Entrenador!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Players
    Toxicroak Won Worlds!!! Believe It!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top 10 Book of Pokemon
    Bulbasaurs got Your Back
    Cool Points Count- 76

definition of parent: someone who buys you your toys then wont let you play with them!

returns name tags...

1 Chris Schell 2006 MS US 107 wins 40 losses
    2 Martin Moreno 2001 CA US
    3 John Kettler 1990 TX US

but may take them away again on a whim.
    Last edited by NoPoke; 06/28/2005 at 12:31 PM.

Yeah Chris, no joke! These guys are spoilsports because you, me, and Martin are MATHEMATICALLY the top three players in the WORLD!

Btw, comparing the 11-14 and 15+ isn't like apples and oranges...it's more like comparing a large-sized diet coke (11-14) to a medium-sized regular coke (15+). Who the heck drinks DIET Coke anyways? I know I don't =/

This is for nopoke:::

Official Record-

Matches Won: 129 |
    Matches Lost: 38 |
    Matches Tied: 4 |
    Total Matches Played: 171

Record with Unlimited, Limited, and ID's taken out:::

Won: 121
    Lost: 33
    Total: 154
    Last edited by Cyrus; 06/28/2005 at 03:59 PM.
    Recent Tournament Placement:
    1st place, 2003 Sandstorm Prerelease (UNDEFEATED)
    18th place: Fall 2012 Tomball Battle Road (3-3)
    23rd place: 2007 Oklahoma State Championship (2-3)
    12th place: 2015 Oak Ridge North League Challenge (3-2 but really 3-1 'cause I was late)

I'm curious what are your win loss records?

Quote Originally Posted by Patriarch
    Yeah Chris, no joke! These guys are spoilsports because you, me, and Martin are MATHEMATICALLY the top three players in the WORLD!

Btw, comparing the 11-14 and 15+ isn't like apples and oranges...it's more like comparing a large-sized diet coke (11-14) to a medium-sized regular coke (15+). Who the heck drinks DIET Coke anyways? I know I don't =/
    Eew. Diet Coke. =/ Thats almost as unholy as Diet Dr. Pepper.

I'd like to give props to mathematics, for without them I would not be (mathematically) the BEST player in the world. So take this as a lesson kids, stay in school and learn math. Then you can ring up change with the best of them, like Martin!

[EDIT]Win/Loss/Tie record- 107/40/2 (the ties were IDs early in the season at FRLG pre-releases)[/EDIT]
    Last edited by Professor_Chris; 06/28/2005 at 12:27 PM.

Ring up this *VG*
    2007 Professor Cup Champion

Actually, of the people I know, usually only the little kids drink the non-diet stuff. It's a metabolism thing. I know I switched over to diet or other low cal/fat options for most beverages back in gradeschool...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokepop View Post
    Subtlety is not Pokemon's strong suit.
    Too bad the real issue is one of clarity.

Ewwwwwww! A thread about Diet stuff? Oh how the might have fallen! HARD!

diet coke is for people over 30, or teenagers with low self esteem. What kinda weirdo drinks diet drinks, HONESTLY?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor_Chris
    Eew. Diet Coke. =/ Thats almost as unholy as Diet Dr. Pepper.

I'd like to give props to mathematics, for without them I would not be (mathematically) the BEST player in the world. So take this as a lesson kids, stay in school and learn math. Then you can ring up change with the best of them, like Martin!

[EDIT]Win/Loss/Tie record- 107/40/2 (the ties were IDs early in the season at FRLG pre-releases)[/EDIT]
    Are you KIDDING ME? Dude, I don't know if you KNOW, but I am a millionaire. I wore a freaking Rolex to worlds, and I got an even better one for this years. What do you drive? I drive a 2002 Dodge Viper GTS. Wheres my Milkshake and quarterpounder sir?

Good thing you won a trip bud, it be a shame to have your Geo Metro break down on the way to SD from Alabama.

JUUUUST KIDDDDDING.
    Last edited by Martin; 06/28/2005 at 02:31 PM.
    2006 US National Champion (14-0)
    2009 US Nationals (4-0)
    2011 US Nationals Top 32 (10-2)

Quote Originally Posted by Martin
    Are you KIDDING ME? Dude, I don't know if you KNOW, but I am a millionaire. I wore a freaking Rolex to worlds, and I got an even better one for this years. What do you drive? I drive a 2002 Dodge Viper GTS. Wheres my Milkshake and quarterpounder sir?

Good thing you won a trip bud, it be a shame to have your Geo Metro break down on the way to SD from Alabama.
    Actually, I don't drive. Don't like to. If I wanted to I could drive our Eclipse Spider convertable, heck if I know what year it is. =/ Thats nothing compared to a Dodge Viper mind you, but its not bad. So, if you'll kindly look back a page, I didn't start it, I just thought it was funny. ;p But, on the other hand, I don't automatically assume someone is stinkin' rich. Need a new best friend? ;D

[EDIT] And in answer to your question. Yes, I am kidding you. o_o I don't even know if I've made a serious post since the beginning of this thread. :D[/EDIT]
    Last edited by Professor_Chris; 06/28/2005 at 02:27 PM.

Please claim down guys. This is getting out of hand.
    Check out The Top Cut for professional Pokémon TCG coverage!
    Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube to stay updated!

I'm joking too. In reality I am a lonely man. Sometimes, I take a bath with my money to make me feel better. So here is the final conclusions:

1. Money
    2. Diet Coke
    3. Bill Cosby

On to the next topic!
    2006 US National Champion (14-0)
    2009 US Nationals (4-0)
    2011 US Nationals Top 32 (10-2)

Getting back to the original intentions of this topic, cockyness does not belong in PTCG, or any game for that matter. You may be using the most awesome, most expensive deck in the world. You may be a master strategist. You may have all the latest gaming gear. But if you play with a cocky attitude that discourages new players from participating, how are you doing your game any justice? That's the same as saying "I'm #1 because I've scared away all the competition with my ego."

Its rather strange the things I've noticed. The younger kids (11 and under usually) play with a certain degree of respect for their opponents. Huge fusses are seldom thrown over losses, nor are egos inflated from victories.

But then you hit that age group of 12-15, and the attitudes and egos set in thick. After that undelightful little gap, most (not all) players start to settle down and become respectful players again, though obviously with a much greater level of skill.

Attitudes don't indeed belong in this game. It just doesn't make the game fun anymore, and thats what its all about right, the fun of the game. And though I myself have been a bad sportsman at times, i've tried to correct that problem. But some people think they have to win, and feel pressured. So that could also be a problem. But needless to say, were all human, were not perfect, but oh well, people will be what they choose to be.
    Team ROCKET.
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Trascendente
    I still don't see what's so great about Nidoqueen. You can't use it more than once per turn and it only removes one damage counter from every Pokemon..
    Asylum

That's indeed true, supertyranitar. The huge prizes sometimes make people forget the spirit of the game, and the whole point of a tournament isn't to play and have fun, but to grab one of those top 8 spots, no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Moss Factor
    11-14 players do not play against 15+ players so comparing them is apples and oranges.
    Is this REALLY you!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/avmozz/moss.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by PokePop
    Sheesh! That's not an auction, it's a brochure!

Trade Here:
    http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21364

couldn't find a Moss factor but I did find Moss's egg.... http://mathworld.wolfram.com/MosssEgg.html
    Wolfram is definately one of the best places for mathematical certainty. Wolfram didn't have anything to say about the others so I guess they aren't mathematically certain enough

Quote Originally Posted by Martin
    It has come to my attention, from recent threads on this forum, that the attitudes of a lot of the top players in this game has come to a new low. Not only do I see high calibur players belittling the spirit, and decks of other people on this forum, but the constant uneeded bragging displayed here is just not the image Pokegym needs.
    Martin quit dissing yourself, there are enough people here who will do it for you.
    Not quite done yet..

What? Bein' on top has it's perks guys. One of which is braggin' rights. Opponent's are much easier to beat if they come to the table having already beat themselves once they recognize you.

P.S.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriarch
    ~~~PATRIARCH, THE ONLY AMERICAN WHO IS ON POKEGYM AT 4:45 AM!!!~~~
    Ha, it's 6:10 am, Sucka!

Oh, God, I'm alone!
    Bring Bob Ross to the DS and Wii, sign the petition today!
    http://www.petitiononline.com/RossGame/petition.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12