Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rockford IL Crystal Guardians Prerelease - Sun 8/13/06

Rockford IL Crystal Guardians Prerelease - Sun 8/13/06

Time for our next Prerelease - Crystal Guardians!

When: Sunday, August 13th

Where: North Suburban Women's Club (down the street from TIY)
    6320 N 2nd St Rockford,IL 61111

(about 4 blocks North of E.Riverside on N. 2nd St(Hwy 251). On corner across from Big Lots mini-mall.)

Time: Registration at 11:30 for each event Both tourneys start at 12:30

We will be holding both the standard Sanctioned PreRelease and also a more casual Theme Deck Challenge for the newer players, or those who aren't as comfortable building a deck from scratch. So bring your little brothers, sisters, moms, dads, or friends you've been trying to teach so they can join in the fun and get some new cards without the pressure of building a deck. If you bring in a new player (one who hasn't played at a TIY Premiere Event before) and they compete in either tourney, you'll get a bonus Sponsor pack!

And keep in mind the spirit of a Prerelease is non-competitive, with no real pressure to win, which is why everyone will recieve prizes at the end. The main objective is to have fun and check out all the new cards!

But don't worry, we'll have LOTS of random pack giveaways throughout the day, not to mention some other great door prizes too! Everyone gets a chance!
    I also have some really cool door prizes to give out now... besides packs and sleeves and such, I also have several Pokemon Tshirts, of course a free Pass to our next Prerelease worth $20, and also a sealed Gamecube Demo game that includes Super Mario Strikers, Mario Party 7 and Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness, all on this one demo disk. So those are some pretty nifty door prizes I'd say!

And of course, just like at all of our Premiere Events at TIY, I'll have my homemade cookies for everyone to enjoy!

Crystal Guardians PreRelease Main event

Cost: $20 for 6 boosters to build the deck with, plus 2 prize packs at the end.

Main event - at 12:30 - Each player will recieve 6 booster packs of the new set (to keep) and may start opening their packs. Players will each build their own 40 card deck using only those cards to play in the tourney (basic energies are provided). At 1:00 the tourney will begin with 20 minute rounds.

Prizes: All participants will recieve 2 Crystal Guardians prize packs at the end of the tourney, a special promo card, a Crystal Guardians PreRelease pin, and other exclusive EX Crystal Guardians TCG merchandise, while supplies last!
    Additional Gifts for the top finishers in each age group (10-, 11-14, 15+):
    1st - 3 packs
    2nd - 2 packs
    3rd - 1 pack

Crystal Guardians Theme Deck Challenge (Non-Sanctioned - Players do not receive rating points for participation in the Theme Deck Challenge.)- to start shortly after 12:30.

Cost: $20 for a Theme Deck to use in the tourney, plus 4 prize packs recieved afterwards.

This special tourney will be separate from the main event and follows a much more casual format. Great for younger players, parents or those who may not be as familiar with deck building on their own, but would still like to participate. Each player will choose a Crystal Guardians Theme Deck to play in the tourney and keep afterwards.

And, like in the main event, so you won't be missing out on any of the fun, all participants in this Theme Deck Challenge will recieve their deck plus 4 prize packs, a special promo card, a Crystal Guardians PreRelease pin, and other exclusive EX Crystal Guardians TCG merchandise, while supplies last!
    Additional Gifts for the top finishers:
    1st - 3 packs
    2nd - 2 packs
    3rd - 1 pack

Modified Side Event (For those who have played in the main event)
    Cost: Only $5

We will also have a regular Modified Sanctioned Tourney (no Crystal Guardians cards in decks) after the main event. Here's a way to win even MORE Crystal Guardians booster packs! Didn't win in the main event? Now's your chance to redeem yourself! Want to show your skills? Practicing for Worlds? Bring your best Modified deck to the table! Perfect chance to get in some more deck testing against some other great decks before Worlds!

Prizes:
    Great (Crystal Guardians) prizes to be announced, based on number of players in the main event The more the merrier!

Also, everyone who preregisters with me no later than Monday, Aug 7 and stays for the entire event gets a bonus free pack! And remember, you'll also get a booster pack if you bring in a new player who hasn't yet been to one of our Premiere Events for Tomorrow Is Yesterday.

There will be plenty of Door Prizes given out as well! So come and join in the fun and be some of the first people around to get your hands on the new Crystal Guardians cards before anyone else!

Complete details at our website: www.tiypokemon.com
    Last edited by PokeMama; 07/23/2006 at 09:34 AM.
    Do your Best... Play with Honor... Earn Respect... Have Fun... & Believe in the Spirit of the Game!

League Leader and PTO for Rockford IL at Top Cut Comics and for Southern WI.
    For all my event info go to PokeMama.com & visit Pokemon.Marriland.com

Just like New Berlin, I can't make this. Why are my vacations always on Tourney dates...?
    2008 North American Professor Cup Champion
    Minnesota Furious Fists Prereleases || FREE Furious Fists Win-A-Box
    Bullados YouTube Channel
    If you happen to know of a USB, clip-on microphone, please let me know. Thank you!

Sign me up! I want to be #1 on the list!
    Rest in Peace
    Richard Paul Williams II
    1969-2007
    Lost, but never forgotten.

Too bad Bullados, but hey, Mexico vacation is hard to pass up! Have fun!
    Yes Yusuke you'll be on the list, since you hold the winning Free Pre Pass from our last Prerelease!
    Do your Best... Play with Honor... Earn Respect... Have Fun... & Believe in the Spirit of the Game!

Ummm..... the TIY Pokemon Site says that we get Legend Maker Pins. Shouldn't it be Crystal Guardians?
    Rest in Peace
    Richard Paul Williams II
    1969-2007

lol! Ooopsie! I'll fix that! Thanks!

I'll be there unless Niles is scheduled same day.
    Team Marriland
    My Trading thread
    Pokegym Quote of the Week: "btw the drugs were sooooo good."

Forget Niles!!! Come to ours anyways.
    Rest in Peace
    Richard Paul Williams II
    1969-2007

I'm not the one driving...
    Team Marriland
    My Trading thread

Oh I hope Niles won't be the same day too. I wish ours didn't have to be the same day as Brookfield's. But my dates are limited to the availability of the Women's Club. Hope you can make it Immy.

Anyone else coming?
    Rest in Peace
    Richard Paul Williams II
    1969-2007

*bump*
    Rest in Peace
    Richard Paul Williams II
    1969-2007

Niles schedules their pre on Sunday as well. All pre's in Northern Illinois and Souther WI on the same day. Thats not fair. I guess I will be going to Niles instead since I am not the one driving and its way closer.

Sorry
    Team Marriland
    My Trading thread

Is Niles for sure on the 13th? I know pretty much there's the weekend before Worlds, the weekend of Worlds (but with so many Midwest players going to Worlds that wouldn't work) and the weekend after, the 27th. That's no good for any of us if they're all on the same day. I can check again with the Women's Club to see if by chance it's open on the 27th, or even possibly the Sat the 12th, (tho we'd have to cancel our local Tourney and League to do that) but as I recall, it was booked. But if it is open, I wouldn't be adverse to changing iour date if it would benefit the area as a whole.

Pastimes screwed us again!?!?!?!? They got a Soda Bomb coming their way. *label* (Not a real bomb. Just a 2 Liter of Diet Pop filled with Sweet Tarts, set to Fizz up BAD!) Take that Pastimes! lol
    Last edited by Yusuke Urameshi; 07/11/2006 at 07:48 PM.
    Rest in Peace
    Richard Paul Williams II
    1969-2007

The website said Our pre is scheduled on Sunday the 13th more details to come. IF you could change it Camille. That would benefit alot of players going to Worlds. I probably still couldn't go since it would be 40 dollars and Worlds prerelease is the following week. I'm thinking of doing a team draft with James at Worlds.
    Team Marriland
    My Trading thread

That's really a shame we're all on the same day. I checked with the Women's Club and tried for Sat the 12th, but it's already booked. Bridal Shower... sheesh. (hey, what better gift for a new bride than brand new Pokemon cards?? Skip the bridal shower and make it a Prerelease instead! ) She's checking on the 26/27th, at the Women's Club, but it wasn't looking good for then either. Besides, no one would probably come to one after Worlds anyway since they'll all probably be broke after spending all their money at Worlds. I'm sure they'll have prereleases there too.

If attendance will be lower due to all of us having them the same weekend, I thought about canceling the Women's club and having it at TIY on Sat the 12th ... but I'd really planned to get a bunch of new people coming this time, and we'd rather not be crowded for teaching new players. I'd like to really encourage the Theme Deck Challenge for the new people. I think they'll really enjoy it and I want any new players to feel very welcome. I think this will be a fun prerelease!

At least I'll have homemade cookies and other fun things and giveaways at mine

And don't forget practice for Worlds at the Modified Side Event afterwards!
    Last edited by PokeMama; 07/12/2006 at 09:20 PM.

Looks like I will be there as well.
    Teacher, Professor, Player, Judge, and Organizer in the Chicago area.

Welcomed with open arms Adam

I also have some really cool door prizes to give out now... besides packs and sleeves and such, I also have several Pokemon Tshirts, of course a free Pass to our next Prerelease worth $20, and also a sealed Gamecube Demo game that includes Super Mario Strikers, Mario Party 7 and Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness, all on this one demo disk. So those are some pretty nifty door prizes I'd say!

Last edited by PokeMama; 07/19/2006 at 04:51 AM.

Don't forget, Preregister by Mon Aug 7th if want to get noted for your free "Early Bird" pack. (would that be a Pidgey or a Taillow??) Post, PM me, Email me, or call TIY at (815)633-0330.

Uhhh......how did you get the Demo?
    Rest in Peace
    Richard Paul Williams II
    1969-2007

It will be given out as one of the many door prizes, with a raffle ticket.

I know. But how did you get it? Nintendo send it?
    Rest in Peace
    Richard Paul Williams II
    1969-2007

I have my sources... never underestimate "the Powers of the PokeMama" (especially when trying to make her Prerelease events a lot of fun for everyone).

Don't forget if you want to get the free pack for Preregistering, you need to let me know before Monday the 7th. PM me or email me or give the store a call (815-633-0330) :) Hard to resist a free pack just for preregistering.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast