Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: 2013-2014 Standard Format Legal Card List

Quote Originally Posted by TCG321orez View Post
    Could you supply a link please? I'm finding a bunch of very long pdf pages which are basically text versions of each set of cards, is that what you are referring to? If so how would I print this out? Do I just need the page(s) my cards are on or the whole thing? I can not print out 100 pages :P
    http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tr...game/database/
    The Yanmega Guy
    Fresno, California; Masters
    Yeah, I work for 6P

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TCG321orez View Post
    Could you supply a link please? I'm finding a bunch of very long pdf pages which are basically text versions of each set of cards, is that what you are referring to? If so how would I print this out? Do I just need the page(s) my cards are on or the whole thing? I can not print out 100 pages :P
    Yes, the PDFs are the right document to use as a reference! just the page is fine. It needs to be unedited!

Wrong!!!! Those are NOT legal references!
    Rules Team Member / Member of Team Compendium - The Pokemon Rulings Compendium - Co-Owner of PokeGym.net
    Premiere Tournament Organizer
    Invited to Judge every US National Championship and World Championship
    Masters Head Judge TCG World Championship 2010 - Seniors Head Judge US Nationals 2009

I stand corrected. (Well, sit corrected but yeah)
    The Yanmega Guy
    Fresno, California; Masters
    Yeah, I work for 6P

Images
    Updated for the new Modified Format.

In: Devolution Spray.

Out:
    Bill
    Copycat
    Fisherman
    Pokemon Reversal
    Prof Elm's Training Method
    Rainbow Energy
    Metal Energy (special0
    Dark Energy (special)
    Dual Ball
    Life Herb
    Defender
    Tropical Tidal Wave
    Victory Medal.
    Rules Team Member / Member of Team Compendium - The Pokemon Rulings Compendium - Co-Owner of PokeGym.net
    Masters Head Judge TCG World Championship 2010 - Seniors Head Judge US Nationals 2009

While updating my card database with new Modified list, I found some errors there.

EX: Hidden Legends - Life Herb still here
    HeartGold SoulSilver + Call of Legends - basic Metal + Darkness missing
    POP5 - Rare Candy missing
    HS: Trainer’s Kit 4 (Raichu & Gyarados) - messed up(Pokémon Collector still here, missing cards below)

Code:
    24/30	I	Switch
    25/30	I	Poké Ball	
    29/30	I	Energy Switch	

21/30	I	Energy Switch	
    22/30	I	Pokémon Communication
    23/30	I	Poké Ball	
    27/30	I	Pokémon Communication
    28/30	I	Switch

Images
    Thanks. I didn't have a HGSS Trainer Kit handy. I knew a member would catch the missing cards!

Pokemon Collector...

kachitta or PokePop, so for sure no collector?

Images
    No Collector

Images
    The two McDonalds sets were left off the list. Even though they're reprints, they have their own set symbols and are in the modified format for 2012-2013.
    Pre-Y2K Pokemon player, collector addict!

The HS Trainer Kit 4 (Raichu and Gyarados) lists Pokemon Communicator. Shouldn't it be Pokemon Collector?
    Washington State PTO.

US Nationals Head Judge - Seniors 2011

Member of Team Squirtle Squad - 2007 Team Play World Champions.

Quote Originally Posted by PokePop View Post
    Base Set 2
    PlusPower 113/130 Uncommon Major text change. Requires reference.
    Should Be
    PlusPower 113/130 Uncommon Errata issued. No reference needed.
    Anthony Caspanello
    Pokémon Professor, Tournament Judge, League Leader

Judges' Chambers Credentials- 2013 United States National Championship Judge / 2014 Alabama State Championship Head Judge

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I feel like I've read different things all over the internet. For legal play, can I include cards only from black and white forward. Or can I go back to heartgold soulsilver and forward? I'm relatively new to the game and am interested in checking out leagues so I want to make sure I'm understanding correctly.

League play is generally just about anything goes. Some leagues have limitations, but most do not. Make sure you call the League you want to go to in order to check out what their rules are.

If you want to get into tournament play, that's BW-on for this season.
    2008 North American Professor Cup Champion
    Minnesota Furious Fists Prereleases || FREE Furious Fists Win-A-Box
    Bullados YouTube Channel
    If you happen to know of a USB, clip-on microphone, please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you! That really clears it up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    The two McDonalds sets were left off the list. Even though they're reprints, they have their own set symbols and are in the modified format for 2012-2013.
    The first McDonald's set contains exclusive cards: not all of them are reprints. They should still be included in the list though....

Quote Originally Posted by PokePop View Post
    POP Series 8
    Rare Candy 10/17 Uncommon
    If I'm not mistaken, this Rare Candy should have bold text marking it as errata'd after it. Perhaps someone else already caught this, I dunno. Good job, though, really good list.

hey all i just went into the researcher tower and saw that there was 2 professor elm's training method cardS that are mod legl. i currently have one in my deck one that has the ex dragon frontiers logo on the pic, so does that make it legal for use?

Images
    The Researching Tower has not been updated to show the current Modified.
    You do not see Prof Elm's Training Method on this list.

Images
    The file
    Pokemon Expansion Symbols Legal Sets 2-11 compact.pdf

is out of date by quite a way, right?

Any chance of it being updated, or should I cobble my own one together? Got quite a few players convinced that only B&W Pokemon, rather than B&W sets, are legal.

If its the latter, Ken Lizzarago's source file would be very helpful.

Thanks
    | Stefanie K: Prof, LL and TO in the UK | [Trade Thread] | [ Refs] | [Selling Thread] | Modified Trainer List DP-PT

I have a few questions pokepop. How come the list of legal cards in your post is different from the list of legal sets in the site you pasted below in your post (the researching tower). For example the set "call of ledgends" is under modified set on the researching tower but in your post only energy from that set are legal. Also I read somwhere in the middle of this thread that they only release the legal sets after the championships. Do you have ANY idea or even predictions (based on former exp) of what cards will go next? The reason I ask is because im getting back in to tcg after not playing for over 10+ years and I want to know what cards I should invest in. Speaking of that, ive bought several packs (of ten) and recieved no energies yet. Do they still put energies in booster packs? Im looking to buy a big bundle of cards soon. It looks like the obvious choice would be to buy any b&w set. However, is there any chance that expansion would be discontinued any time soon? ( <1year ?) Also I found this thread through google and when i searched for this thread through the site i was unable to find it. In previous forums ive been to there was always "stickies" (I think thats what they were called) Of important threads. Is there a place where I can consistantly go to to find updates on which cards are legal? Or will you update this thread if any changes are made? One more question. Where can I find information about upcoming epansions/sets?

Images
    The Researching Tower hasn't been updated since the format rotation.
    I'll get after Bulbasnore to update it.

Energy is only put in boosters occasionally.
    Theme decks or trading is a better source of them. There are so many energy cards around.

This thread is stickied in the link section at the top left of the front page.

There is a lot of discussion of upcoming sets in our News and Gossip forum.

Thank you!!! Does pokemon release any information about the ratios of rare cards made? If so, where can I find that information.

Images
    No, they keep information pretty tight.

Quote Originally Posted by djcreative View Post
    Thank you!!! Does pokemon release any information about the ratios of rare cards made? If so, where can I find that information.
    One of the old guard, Nick15 over at PokemonAaah.com, has been putting together print runs of some of the recent sets. I don't think he's got the full Rare and Holo stuff done, but there's some really interesting stuff there about the Commons and Uncommons if you're willing to take a look.
    2008 North American Professor Cup Champion
    Minnesota Furious Fists Prereleases || FREE Furious Fists Win-A-Box
    Bullados YouTube Channel
    If you happen to know of a USB, clip-on microphone, please let me know. Thank you!

Sure. I wish they kept the holo cards that same as they did in the base set two!!! They arnt exciting to look at anymore! The ex cards look like somthing I would get in a happy meal!! haha

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast