Page 97 of 123 FirstFirst ... 4787949596979899100107 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 3068

Thread: Check a Trader thread.

  1. #2401
    Trading Mod Supervisor BJJ763's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Warwick RI USA
    Posts
    8,573
    Images
    2
    Checked out how? PM Trades should be ignored and there's no way for him to enforce others sending first.
    The Compendium
    "We are not purposely trying to mess with your minds." - DMTM
    Indentifier of the Magby Rule.
    Diamond & Pearl H/W
    You'd be crazy not to attend the New England Regional Championship.

  2. #2402
    Quote Originally Posted by BJJ763 View Post
    Checked out how? PM Trades should be ignored and there's no way for him to enforce others sending first.
    It was just him trying to make others send first raised a red flag. Didn't want other new members to get ripped early on.
    UNOFFICIALLY OFFICIALLY A MEMBER OF TEAM SHINANIGANS

    Co-League Organizer 12 Oaks Mall (League running for over 10 years!)

  3. #2403
    Nicholsanddimes im pretty sure is trying to scam. He is saying that he won't trade unless I send first...Has 0% feedback and claims he has 7+ darkrais -.-

  4. #2404
    Quote Originally Posted by Civarc View Post
    Nicholsanddimes im pretty sure is trying to scam. He is saying that he won't trade unless I send first...Has 0% feedback and claims he has 7+ darkrais -.-
    There is always tje chance that he does have 7 Darkrais, but it seems fishy to me. Especially how he only wants Shiny Catcher, one of the most expensive cards in Dark Explorers. And how do you het 5 Staff Tropical Beach? That seemed off as well. And why does he only list the most expensive cards in the format? Seems odd to me. I have been ripped, and the guy claimed to have 8 Magnezone Prime.
    My Trade Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave628 View Post
    Both you and Your Face are acting very scummy right now,

  5. #2405
    Doesn't matter about his list at all, what should be the biggest red flag is that he is refusing to send first. Ref rule should always, ALWAYS be followed. You have 8 positive refs with no negative references. He should send first. I would.

  6. #2406
    Is Darknezz a good trader? He made me an offer that had $40 on my side and $70 on his and he has most of my wants. He only has 1 ref and he's from the Netherlands. Seems kind of fishy to me. He has a list, but none of my wants listed.
    Last edited by ScraftyG; 05/13/2012 at 07:25 AM.

  7. #2407
    Quote Originally Posted by ScraftyG View Post
    Is Darknezz a good trader? He made me an offer that had $40 on my side and $70 on his and he has most of my wants. He only has 1 ref and he's from the Netherlands. Seems kind of fishy to me. He has a list, but none of my wants listed.
    I would be very cautious with that then. I wouldnt trade more than a few $ worht of cards with someone that has 1 ref.
    If it was someone trusted with over 50+ refs then id consider it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Politoed666 View Post
    I prefer to think of it as "making good investments" rather than "ripping people off."
    1st Place at Eastern Candian Regionals w/ Vilegar!

  8. #2408
    Quote Originally Posted by ScraftyG View Post
    Is Darknezz a good trader? He made me an offer that had $40 on my side and $70 on his and he has most of my wants. He only has 1 ref and he's from the Netherlands. Seems kind of fishy to me. He has a list, but none of my wants listed.
    You should ask if he would send first, because it seems fishy. Or, only trade for a few cards worth a few dollars, and send with proof, like DC or something. And, save all PMs from him. Trust me, I have been ripped before, I know what I'm doing. I'll look into it,
    My Trade Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave628 View Post
    Both you and Your Face are acting very scummy right now,

  9. #2409
    i dont know anything about your trade, but probably he has different values. Also i think some people are too lazy to edit their threads.

  10. #2410

  11. #2411
    Quote Originally Posted by ScraftyG View Post
    Do you think I should do it?
    As a rule of thumb, I would strongly suggest against doing big trades (especially those that seem to be lopsided in your favor) with people with so few refs-when I was at 0, I did not trade more than 10 bucks of value with anyone under 10 positives and nothing over 30 with anyone under 20. I can say I've done 40ish trades here and have never been ripped following that rule. However, it does mean I missed out on what seemed to be good trades by playing it safely. So while I would discourage you against it, I also admit this is my personal style and I am just super cautious.
    Swingin' from the Chandelure since '13

  12. #2412
    PokemonTrader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    6
    Images
    8
    I've traded under 100 times here...
    Got ripped 2 times, left negative refs to both users.
    1 user is back, the other is banned.
    I am from CANADA
    Trusted pokémon community member since 2010. If you see me around, feel free to say hello!

  13. #2413
    Quote Originally Posted by Aymara View Post
    As a rule of thumb, I would strongly suggest against doing big trades (especially those that seem to be lopsided in your favor) with people with so few refs-when I was at 0, I did not trade more than 10 bucks of value with anyone under 10 positives and nothing over 30 with anyone under 20. I can say I've done 40ish trades here and have never been ripped following that rule. However, it does mean I missed out on what seemed to be good trades by playing it safely. So while I would discourage you against it, I also admit this is my personal style and I am just super cautious.
    Thats exactly what I did as well. Its better to be safe than sorry. Once you get 30+ refs id trade with anyone since they will msot likely have to send first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Politoed666 View Post
    I prefer to think of it as "making good investments" rather than "ripping people off."
    1st Place at Eastern Candian Regionals w/ Vilegar!

  14. #2414
    Is Madchamp a Good trader?
    i waited like 3-4 weeks now i didn't made an trade with him but he is the Middleman of the trade does that mean he's a part of the trade?
    so can i give him a negative ref and the main trader too?

  15. #2415
    Madchamp is an excelent trader. I would not leave him a negative ref.
    My Trade Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave628 View Post
    Both you and Your Face are acting very scummy right now,

  16. #2416
    but i havent got my cards D:
    then a just lost a goldstar and a FA

  17. #2417
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknezz View Post
    but i havent got my cards D:
    then a just lost a goldstar and a FA
    i dont know if he is a good trader. but if i buy cards from NA, it takes up to 7 weeks to get them. I think you should wait a bit longer. if you dont get anything after 2-3 weeks i would give him a negative red

  18. #2418
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknezz View Post
    Is Madchamp a Good trader?
    i waited like 3-4 weeks now i didn't made an trade with him but he is the Middleman of the trade does that mean he's a part of the trade?
    so can i give him a negative ref and the main trader too?
    Why did you use a middle man? I see no need for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace- View Post
    i dont know if he is a good trader. but if i buy cards from NA, it takes up to 7 weeks to get them. I think you should wait a bit longer. if you dont get anything after 2-3 weeks i would give him a negative red
    Ace-In a case like this it would be the mods who decide who gets the negative ref.
    My Refs
    W.G.W C.G.C.
    TROLL AND TOAD IS NOT A PRICE GUIDE!!!

  19. #2419
    @ace
    hmm if you say it like that it is possible then i hope i get my cards
    @evil Psyduck
    now i made a good trade with a 2 ref trader when i was a o ref trader because it was a good and fair trade we used a middleman in case it went wrong
    so he made an offer to use madchamp a middleman
    because he a 30+ trader he seems to be trusted

  20. #2420
    PokemonTrader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    6
    Images
    8
    Middleman always spells trouble.
    Even though I am not a mod, I realize how foolish this is.
    Only time I would EVER consider a middleman is with a mod, but mods don't middleman on the gym to my knowledge, as I know as I have asked before.
    I am from CANADA
    Trusted pokémon community member since 2010. If you see me around, feel free to say hello!

  21. #2421
    Yea, Mods only middleman over on Pokebeach. I wouldn't need a middleman, because anyone who isn't trusted gets to send first, because I have a lot of refs. And, evil_psyduck, it was probably because he was afraid of being ripped. I got ripped by someone with a couple of positive refs before, so he was probably just a little worried, and I don't blame him. I am always a little worried when trading, I mean, look at tee_79 (I think he's was the one that got 100 refs and went bad. Correct me if I'm wrong.). There is always that chance. BUT, by trading on here, you need to accept that fact, it happens people!
    My Trade Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave628 View Post
    Both you and Your Face are acting very scummy right now,

  22. #2422
    PokemonTrader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    6
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Vablakes View Post
    Yea, Mods only middleman over on Pokebeach. I wouldn't need a middleman, because anyone who isn't trusted gets to send first, because I have a lot of refs. And, evil_psyduck, it was probably because he was afraid of being ripped. I got ripped by someone with a couple of positive refs before, so he was probably just a little worried, and I don't blame him. I am always a little worried when trading, I mean, look at tee_79 (I think he's was the one that got 100 refs and went bad. Correct me if I'm wrong.). There is always that chance. BUT, by trading on here, you need to accept that fact, it happens people!
    Agreed.
    If it is too good to true, it probably is....
    I am from CANADA
    Trusted pokémon community member since 2010. If you see me around, feel free to say hello!

  23. #2423
    Quote Originally Posted by Vablakes View Post
    Yea, Mods only middleman over on Pokebeach. I wouldn't need a middleman, because anyone who isn't trusted gets to send first, because I have a lot of refs. And, evil_psyduck, it was probably because he was afraid of being ripped. I got ripped by someone with a couple of positive refs before, so he was probably just a little worried, and I don't blame him. I am always a little worried when trading, I mean, look at tee_79 (I think he's was the one that got 100 refs and went bad. Correct me if I'm wrong.). There is always that chance. BUT, by trading on here, you need to accept that fact, it happens people!
    Yeah I have had that happen to me on pokebeach. It was too good to be true. But I didn't know because I was newer.
    Thank you to Mike Boozer for announcing that The Error Raichu in Base set Exist. He was also nice enough to give a picture of it.
    Sealed Jungle and Base Set packs

  24. #2424
    hey could i leave negative refs for users: for some reason, tee79? fsr won't respond to my pm's and he received my end of the trade some time ago. same thing for tee79. also I would like to let these guys know that I'm filing mail fraud against them if they don't respond. I use DC or certified mail on ALL of my packages i send so i KNOW that they have received.

  25. #2425
    Quote Originally Posted by EQcrushedu View Post
    hey could i leave negative refs for users: for some reason, tee79? fsr won't respond to my pm's and he received my end of the trade some time ago. same thing for tee79. also I would like to let these guys know that I'm filing mail fraud against them if they don't respond. I use DC or certified mail on ALL of my packages i send so i KNOW that they have received.
    How long has it been?
    Thank you to Mike Boozer for announcing that The Error Raichu in Base set Exist. He was also nice enough to give a picture of it.
    Sealed Jungle and Base Set packs

Page 97 of 123 FirstFirst ... 4787949596979899100107 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •