Thread: Empoleon Lv X error card

Empoleon Lv X error card

I noticed the scan of Empoleon Lv. X in the Research Tower has a Poke Body icon next to its Poke Power. Has anyone got one that is correct or is this an error affecting all of them?
    Last edited by Dom; 05/12/2007 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Effects of intoxication removed ;x

Content Developer
    Blog Admin
    Contest Host
    Blog Entries
    Images
    We might start seeing pokebodies that are activated. Before now, pokebodies were always going, and pokepowers were activated. Maybe this will change. OR maybe this is a global misprint.

Corectly it should have a poke power per the JPN version. also something to note the power name is in red, like powers, not green, for bodies.

My Emploeon LV.X says Power
    TOK-This is OUR year!

lol, after reading this(And saying that it said Power) I went and reread it...It says Body....whoops
    TOK-This is OUR year!

Images
    It's an error. Errata will be forthcoming.
    Rules Team Member / Member of Team Compendium - The Pokemon Rulings Compendium - Co-Owner of PokeGym.net
    Premiere Tournament Organizer
    Invited to Judge every US National Championship and World Championship
    Masters Head Judge TCG World Championship 2010 - Seniors Head Judge US Nationals 2009

Any Chance they will fix the print on the cards when they make more ? Than one of them either the new one or the old one would become the next big TV Reporter type deal.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pichu bros. rox View Post
    What's so special about TV Reporter?
    There's only so many Alt. Holo TVR from Dragons due to a printing error
    Trading
    Selling
    Buying
    Auctioning [eBay]:
    Referencing: if we've traded in the past please PM me so we can convert to iTrader!

didnt the TVR reverse holo costed like $100 er something???

Butterfly179 or something like that sold one to somebody for $40.

Images
    The Ex: Dragon set reverse Holo TV Reporter brings prices that are high, yes.
    But that is a very rare card, at least in the US.
    Any time you have an error on every single printing of the card, it does not add much to the price.
    Shining Tyranitar has "hust" instead of "just" in it's text, but since every one of them has it, no big deal.
    Rules Team Member / Member of Team Compendium - The Pokemon Rulings Compendium - Co-Owner of PokeGym.net
    Masters Head Judge TCG World Championship 2010 - Seniors Head Judge US Nationals 2009

But what if they were to fix the text on the Empoleon X during the next print ? Or is there no way that will happen now? What about when the set is released in other English set countries?

Researching Tower Scientist, Retired Magic_Umbreon's Avatar
    Images
    Urgh, I can imagine Emploeon LvX raising high prices simply because there is a chance that a fixed reprint might make it rare.
    Quote Originally Posted by tutti
    Ponyta - Fire - 70HP
    Ability: Firecarrot on a Stick: Once during your turn (before your attack), you may attach 1 basic [R] energy to this pokémon. If you do, this pokémon may not evolve this turn.
    [R][R][C] Rofflestomp: 40 damage.

I had to go look at the card I have. Sure enough. What a mistake! Is the card usable?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bytor View Post
    I had to go look at the card I have. Sure enough. What a mistake! Is the card usable?
    Not at all. Send it to me for disposal.

I might have racked up another 5 pts if I had said that.

It would be nice if it stayed as Poké-Body, not taking Cursed Stone damage... =P

But I'm pretty sure it will be errata'ed in no time.

Whats the Japanese card say or have on it?

How is this going to work, now? If we're gonna have an Empoleon Lv.X with a power and one with a body, is it going to follow the 'play it as written on the card' rule?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hax View Post
    How is this going to work, now? If we're gonna have an Empoleon Lv.X with a power and one with a body, is it going to follow the 'play it as written on the card' rule?
    Quote Originally Posted by PokePop View Post
    It's an error. Errata will be forthcoming.
    As noted, it is an error. Errata will be forthcoming. It will not be play as printed.

Blog Entries
    There are a few other problems with this set as well...

Carnivine's Swallow Up - "... If the Defending Pokemon has fewer remaining HP than Carnivine's, this attack does 60 damage instead." - "Carnivine's" should not be possessive? Trivial maybe, but still wrong. It's as if they started off saying "If the Defendning Pokemon's HP is less than Carnivine's..." and decided to reword (but only did half the job).

Skorupi's Pin Missile - "... This attack does 10 damage time the number of heads." Time? How about "times."

Drifloon's Blowing Wind - "... put 1 of your Benched Pokemon and all cards attached to on top of your deck." How about "attached to IT on top of your deck?

Nothing as serious as Empoleon's error, but it was just odd seeing so many errors in this set as I was updating the Pokepedia.
    The Pokemon Fraternity - Epsilon Epsilon Epsilon Epsilon Epsilon Epsilon Epsilon Kappa (Eeeeeeek)

Quote Originally Posted by David's Confused Pokedad View Post
    Whats the Japanese card say or have on it?
    Romaji and all, it says:

"[Pokupawaa] Shijyoumeirei" for the label of Empelt LV.X's ability. Both the katakana (which when read sounds like "Poke Power") and the red font show that it's a Power. Therefore, play it as a power, not as a body.

...Not like it'd make sense as a body <_< Bodies generally are meant to sit there and be activated by the game itself, not by the player (An exception would be Flygon EX PK's body, which activates during the opponent's turn. However, it can only activate in reaction to an opponent's move, so it's not as free in choices as a Power would be)