Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Custom Mats???

Pokemon Custom Mats???

I have seen Custom Made mats for other Cards Games Like Naruto, Bleach, Yu-gi-oh, Dragonballz, etc... Im wondering if there are any Custom Made Pokemon Mats out there.

If there were custom made pokemon mats would you like or dislike it?

Just wondering.

Let me know. Thanks.

Images
    I dont think so. Infact, I asked once and these guys said there wernt any. Although, you can take designs to places and have ur own mat printed!

Donezator
    2nd Place UK Nationals 2008 - Juniors
    3rd Place UK Nationals 2010 - Seniors
    3rd Place UK Nationals 2011 - Seniors
    - Qualified for Worlds 4 years in a row - Went in 2008 -

Yeah I know that. I just wanted to know if anyone has seen a custom mat for pokemon. I've seen them for other games.

There is a guy who can make mats at the store that I go to. There mainly yu gi oh mats but I asked him if he could make Pokemon ones and he said yes. I'll have to trade him yu gi oh or something I guess. I was going to find some neat pokemon pics to see if he could make one for me.

Do you think I should try and get one made?

Rather than post a link to a commercial site, I will just say that if you do an internet search using the words "Pokemon Mat", you will find a play mat for a two player game that has been around forever still available for purchase.
    Proud father of Charlie, who as a 6'2" 14 year old will be playing tournament basketball this Summer
    Battle Roads Judge 2008-2011, Cities Judge 2007-2010, Regionals Judge 2007-11 - including Head Judge Nor Cal 2011, Nationals Volunteer 2007-08, Nationals Judge 2009-10, Worlds Volunteer 06 & 09, Worlds Staff 2008 & 2011, Team Invasion - Santa Clara, CA

Did you draw those? Thats cool. I wanted to have card zones on mine.

Pokedad - I know those exist. I was talking about ones that people made. Custom made ones.

Images
    yeah I drew all of the either on my computer or with sharpies

BLiZz

Images
    I have one that was made with iron-on transfers. Rumor has it, you can make them, but you can't sell them or give them away as tournament prizes - copyright infringements - unless of course you get PUI and/or TPC permission.
    Pre-Y2K Pokemon player, collector addict!

Blog Entries
    Images
    Newman has one of the best ones ever seen.

Vince
    PTO for the ST. LOUIS area!
    Founder - Piglet Draft!
    Owner of the Newest and Greatest Gaming Store (NOW OPEN) Yeti Gaming!!! yetigaming.com

SteveP - People on ebay are doing no nos then:)

Where did you hear that rumor? Also If I trade for one is that bad?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew123 View Post
    SteveP - People on ebay are doing no nos then:)

Where did you hear that rumor? Also If I trade for one is that bad?
    Personal experience, that's all I can say.

Let me clarify. Producing AND selling copyrighted products is enfringement. Selling something you didn't produced yourself (ie., given to you, purchased by you) isn't usually illegal, although, the copyright owner could probably take legal action to confiscate such illegally produced products.
    Pre-Y2K Pokemon player, collector addict!

Ok that makes sence. What about if I traded for it? What would happen to the person that traded it to me?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    Personal experience, that's all I can say.

Let me clarify. Producing AND selling copyrighted products is enfringement. Selling something you didn't produced yourself (ie., given to you, purchased by you) isn't usually illegal, although, the copyright owner could probably take legal action to confiscate such illegally produced products.
    So does that include my own sketches of copyrighted material that I choose to sell on Ebay? Would I be infringing upon copyright issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawman View Post
    Some decks just seem to have an aura or Karma about them that players either "get it" or "dont".
    My Haves/Wants

My Refs

I don't think so, I would think that could be classified as fanart, which as far as i know, is totally legal, but don't 100% quote me on that
    I reject your reality and subtitute my own!

my trade topic: http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=68907
    my refs: http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread...=24521&page=20
    Proud supporter of the Philadelphia Phillies, the 2008 World Series Champs. GO PHILLIES!!!!!!

Member Services Administrator EeveeLover's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Nice mats there Blizz, the Eevee crew is sweet!
    Wayne Cunningham

'08, '09, '10, '11, '12 (HJ), '13 US Nats Judge
    '06, '08, '09 Worlds Staff / '10, '11, '12, '13 Worlds Judge
    League Owner / League Leader / Tournament Organizer / Professor / Judge

Quote Originally Posted by meganium45 View Post
    Newman has one of the best ones ever seen.

Vince
    Yeah,I have to agree with you there. I'd LOVE to get a hold of one of those.

For all of you who haven't seen it, its made out of the same stuff mousepads are and the artwork is very professional. Kinda looks like some sort of paint job you'd have done at a store to a shirt if I recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mew123 View Post
    I have seen Custom Made mats for other Cards Games Like Naruto, Bleach, Yu-gi-oh, Dragonballz, etc... Im wondering if there are any Custom Made Pokemon Mats out there.

If there were custom made pokemon mats would you like or dislike it?

Just wondering.

Let me know. Thanks.
    that would be nice

Look everyone, Sigma's posting! *cough*

Anyway, though I miss the old fabric mats of olden days (I still have mine, though its seen better days), there are a few options I can think of to make cool-looking custom play mats.

You could simply draw and color your own, then take it to practically any larger office supply store (Office Max or Staples, for example) and get it laminated.

You could take it a step further and design one on computer, then take it up to an aforementioned store and have it printed/laminated. I'm actually considering this now. Hey, send me a PM. I can probably come up with a blank template, then apply designs. Photoshop rules like that.

i now have found a place (Local) that does that sort of printing. i bought a blank playmat off of e-bay, took the mat to them and they said they could do it, but it is EXPENSIVE!

for the mat,shipping,and printing it came to almost $75 a piece.....i got 2 :D

i am picking up later this week when i dont have to work, and i will let you guys know the results.

~Professor ultimatedra~

LOVE them all, Blizzard
    Dustin Zimmerman - Masters
    2008 Michigan State Champion
    2010 Indiana State Champion
    2012 Ohio State Champion
    2012 Kentucky State Champion

Great designs blizzard. Id love to get the one of the gardy's. I know there has to be someplace that can make a professional mat like you see for naruto,yugioh. I gotta look into that because for the longest time i also have been looking for a mat like that for this game. One of my friends last year got a naruto mat like that and i envied the **** out of her for it.
    ShadowFire/Hardcore Joe
    13 years later and still kicking!!
    T 16-CT State Championships.
    Top 16 MA State Championships

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyDragon View Post
    I don't think so, I would think that could be classified as fanart, which as far as i know, is totally legal, but don't 100% quote me on that
    Sorry, Fanart is technically illegal as it is an unauthorized reproduction of an image with a copywrite. Although it is not usually prosecuted, it can be if the company so chooses to.
    2nd Burien CC '08, T16 Northwest RC '08, 1st Bremerton MD PR '08, 2nd Renton SBR '08, T4 Renton CC '09, 1st Seattle CC '09, T16 Washington SC '09, T4 Burien FBR '09 1st Bremerton U PR '10, T4 Renton SBR '10 1st Seattle SBR '10, T4 Marysville CC '10 2nd Renton CC '10, T8 Oregon States '11, 1st Burien SBR '11, T4 Redmond FBR '11 T4 Lakewood CC '11, T8 Renton CC '12 T4 Renton FBR '12, T8 Bremerton CC '12

In addition to my earlier post - I have some new information for those of you who're interested in making custom mats:

My local OfficeMax has a large printer which prints off a roll of paper. 36" is the maximum width which you can print, and the sky's the limit for length.

I have been working on a template in Photoshop that is 12"x24" (though, this feels kinda cramped with slots for 6 prizes, 5 bench, active, supporter, stadium, deck, and discard. I'll probably up the dimensions by a few inches in both directions). Your standard Pokemon card is aprox. 3.5"x2.5".

As I make more progress, I'll make another post. Somewhere on the mat I'll place rule reminders, like how special conditions work, and the setup phase of the game.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLordSigma View Post
    In addition to my earlier post - I have some new information for those of you who're interested in making custom mats:

My local OfficeMax has a large printer which prints off a roll of paper. 36" is the maximum width which you can print, and the sky's the limit for length.

I have been working on a template in Photoshop that is 12"x24" (though, this feels kinda cramped with slots for 6 prizes, 5 bench, active, supporter, stadium, deck, and discard. I'll probably up the dimensions by a few inches in both directions). Your standard Pokemon card is aprox. 3.5"x2.5".

As I make more progress, I'll make another post. Somewhere on the mat I'll place rule reminders, like how special conditions work, and the setup phase of the game.
    27x12 is ideal

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...blolayout1.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10.../Kenlayout.jpg

were both designed using photoshop I then printed them out laminated them and bonded them to nagahide

BLiZz

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Did a little work and created a template for mats here it is
    http://pokegym.net/gallery/files/8/0/mat_layout.jpg

and here it is in action Download any Wallpaper and change the size to 27x12 paste layout over image

http://pokegym.net/gallery/files/8/0/dp4_mat_design.jpg
    http://pokegym.net/gallery/files/8/0/dp5_mat_design.jpg

BLiZz
    Last edited by BLiZzArD; 04/30/2008 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Doublepost Eliminator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast