Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dota

Dota

Who plays?
    David Y; New Zealand
    mrY.ice
    davidy321@hotmail.com

Dota, stands for something right? i wanna say Defender of the Ancients, or is this a whole new game?

I play DOTA regularly. Witch Doctor FTW.

Screenname Lilgreenfrog.
    Den-droh-bah-tih-duh. Stress on the bah.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrobatida View Post
    I play DOTA regularly. Witch Doctor FTW.

Screenname Lilgreenfrog.
    Does the game have something to do with your name?

DendrObaTidA
    For me pokemon is like sports. I love it but im absolutely horrible at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by doctormcdreamy View Post
    ^hmmm. smells like gallade.
    Retired from the game for now, but I'm still here!

Images
    And your fancy word?

SPANDTOODINATACKULAR
    -----D--O-----T-A

haha i made you highlight this text...

No, it's a mod of Warcraft III, the Frozen Throne - a computer game. It stands for Defense of the Ancients. It's similar to a game of capture the flag, though instead of capturing the flag, you're destroying it, and instead of putting your opponents in jail, you're slaughtering them. Over and over and over.

In other words, pretty typical computer game fare.

Dendrobates is the genus name for several of the many varieties of poison arrow tree frogs in the world. I chose this screenname when I was a science teacher a few years back. "Dendrobatida" has nothing to do with DOTA, but nice letter pattern recognition.
    Den-droh-bah-tih-duh. Stress on the bah.

Uggz i use to love WC3 DotA but now i switched to WoW lol..... but DotA was best game imo in wc3 by far, but then again i was failure at regular wc3 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrobatida View Post
    No, it's a mod of Warcraft III, the Frozen Throne - a computer game. It stands for Defense of the Ancients. It's similar to a game of capture the flag, though instead of capturing the flag, you're destroying it, and instead of putting your opponents in jail, you're slaughtering them. Over and over and over.

In other words, pretty typical computer game fare.

Dendrobates is the genus name for several of the many varieties of poison arrow tree frogs in the world. I chose this screenname when I was a science teacher a few years back. "Dendrobatida" has nothing to do with DOTA, but nice letter pattern recognition.
    It began as a mod for RoC, which is when I began to play.

You should hit me up, Jake. tehsuxx0rzn00b is the b.net name.
    r

Me.

It's the best game EVER!
    Love games? love wrestling? What about BOTH combined together?
    Try this FUN wrestling game:
    http://www.thewrestlinggame.com/wg.asp?w=526278

^i'm with ya all the way, any way about that, can we get this guy to do that about WoW?

I watched the video, and it's a perfect summary of what I do when I play. Pouring champagne with dozens of blonde models while electronic music is thumping in the background.
    r

Quote Originally Posted by ryanvergel View Post
    I watched the video, and it's a perfect summary of what I do when I play. Pouring champagne with dozens of blonde models while electronic music is thumping in the background.
    LOL I can picture it.

I am an elite player that plays for Team Rebirth from malaysia. We made it to 6th place in the 2006 WCG.

Too bad I quit it as I have exams coming up. Ah well, I might start again in a few years.
    | Trading Thread | Trading References (Old system) |

- Member of the "I got my seller status revoked for six months because I sold through PM" crew. -

Quote Originally Posted by KaMewie View Post
    I am an elite player that plays for Team Rebirth from malaysia. We made it to 6th place in the 2006 WCG.

Too bad I quit it as I have exams coming up. Ah well, I might start again in a few years.
    Wow at that if it's true o_O
    David Y; New Zealand
    mrY.ice
    davidy321@hotmail.com

I play on BA, but not often since I have dialup and hero-type games lag (usually I get killed before I realise I'm being attacked...). I usually stick to TD.
    oldlinks are old, you may ignore for now 8U
    My haves/wants | My refs

TDA? lol that was so bad casue someone would always join and find it funny to leave, and if you were a great player congratz.

Aww man, DOTA on dial up.. impossible.. Yet I even complain of a 1-2 second delay...
    David Y; New Zealand
    mrY.ice
    davidy321@hotmail.com

Tell me about it, I get ganked enough as it is...
    My haves/wants | My refs

LOL aww sad ganked on dial up =[
    David Y; New Zealand
    mrY.ice
    davidy321@hotmail.com

I'm in Clan BvA if anyone here played RoC DotA.
    I was also in Clan HeX (should be familiar if you played footies, too- as Team HeX is the one mentioned at the top of the screen in the castle) and w0r back in the day.

It takes a lot of time and dedication to get good at any game, and dota is no different. I wish I had the time to be competitive again, but when you have to practice at least 10 hours a week and it's intensive... it gets to be demanding. Especially ATs.
    r

So do you spend more time on Pokemon or Dota?
    David Y; New Zealand
    mrY.ice
    davidy321@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by davidy321 View Post
    So do you spend more time on Pokemon or Dota?
    DotA has been around for quite a few years... at least 3-4 years. I only started playing pokemon when Emerald was released. Nowadays I play dota maybe 3-4 hours a week in the school week and maybe 5-10 hours in the summer time.
    r

Quote Originally Posted by ryanvergel View Post
    DotA has been around for quite a few years... at least 3-4 years. I only started playing pokemon when Emerald was released. Nowadays I play dota maybe 3-4 hours a week in the school week and maybe 5-10 hours in the summer time.
    I wish I could limit myself like that, I'm more like 3 hours a day when school's on... no wonder my marks are slipping :(
    My haves/wants | My refs

I used to be that way ^^

Back when RoC DotA was king and there was no tft dota. Back when RoC DotA still had it's creator updating it. You guys probably don't know this, but the allstars you guys play was actually a cheap ripoff of a map that somehow gained popularity primarily because TFT gained popularity only.
    r

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast