Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunday Live from U.S. Nats - Winners announced!

no POP won't cut the grider guarantee. That would just be silly.

Thank goodness the Grinder places won't be affected...

Quote Originally Posted by PokeDad View Post
    Heck, now that the problem is solved, how about a return of information flow for all 3 divisions? I'm sitting here in California, and have really appreciated the timely updates you have provided over the last few days.
    I just got the okay to start posting again. Let me get the sheets together and I will let you guys know who is in the top 8 for each age group. It's going to take a couple of mins, thanks.
    Pikachu, Raichu was your father till he turned to the dark side and became Dark Raichu. So you see from a certain point a view your father is no longer alive.--GLB, explaining a ruling, by analogy

"I'm Toby the Red Shirt, you need a Red Shirt guy."--Robot Chicken

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gym Leader Blaine View Post
    Dave S will kind enough to give each of the players in the two Top32 flights that didn't make it to the TOP32 finials each 9 packs. So they did go home with something.
    Wait, why didn't they make Top32? Did they drop?
    www.sixprizes.com
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanvergel View Post
    No one cares about what bad deck you are testing. You are a very new senior and are a blip on no one's radar. You could reveal your exact deck and list and nothing would change.
    TEAM HATTER! ...like a boss

Quote Originally Posted by yoyofsho16 View Post
    They were given packs when they were knocked out of the Top32 flights. Prizes were only for Top16, but still gave people that didn't make it to Top16 something. To me that just shows how great of a team we have at PUI.
    Pikachu, Raichu was your father till he turned to the dark side and became Dark Raichu. So you see from a certain point a view your father is no longer alive.--GLB, explaining a ruling, by analogy

Schiwm is the man
    The Year of the Black Rainbow is Comming ..........
    Quote Originally Posted by pat460 View Post
    And a skilled player who thinks there should be no luck should play chess, right?

The tournament had two pods in Masters. After 9 rounds, each pod had a T-32. Each pod had one more round, best 2/3 in an hour to cut T-32 to T-16. The final T-32 for masters was the pair of pod T-16.
    Proud father of Charlie, who as a 6'2" 14 year old will be playing tournament basketball this Summer
    Battle Roads Judge 2008-2011, Cities Judge 2007-2010, Regionals Judge 2007-11 - including Head Judge Nor Cal 2011, Nationals Volunteer 2007-08, Nationals Judge 2009-10, Worlds Volunteer 06 & 09, Worlds Staff 2008 & 2011, Team Invasion - Santa Clara, CA

Juniors Top 8

Brandon C
    Henry L
    Jason C
    Johathan H
    Joshua S
    Mark G
    Tristan R
    Ty W

Seniors Top 8

Alex M
    Aziz A
    David S
    Dylan B
    Garrett F
    orion C
    Steven R
    Tad W

Masters Top 8

Alex F
    Colin M
    Drew H
    Frank D
    Gino L
    Jorel K
    Mikey F
    Tom D

and then there were 8... or 24.... however you want to look at it.

Wow, Dave is in a generous mood this weekend. First extra prizes to the T64 in Masters, now 8 extra Worlds invites =D All I can say is that I think it's amazing this can happen in Pokemon, even though I'm not there I'll be grateful on behalf of all the extra winners ;) This shows how much POP cares about its players!
    T32 @ Worlds 2005, 2008 & 2009

He is really nice. At Uk nats he extended invitations from T3 to T4... very kind.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PokeDad View Post
    The tournament had two pods in Masters. After 9 rounds, each pod had a T-32. Each pod had one more round, best 2/3 in an hour to cut T-32 to T-16. The final T-32 for masters was the pair of pod T-16.
    Ohhhhh see I thought you were talking about initial T32...
    www.sixprizes.com
    No one cares about what bad deck you are testing. You are a very new senior and are a blip on no one's radar. You could reveal your exact deck and list and nothing would change.

They're Pokemon decks!!!

Yes you heard right only Pokemon decks made it to the top cut.
    I KNEW IT! I knew someone played a YU-GI-OH deck.
    I'm known as Oddish196 or in life Oddish.
    A rare breed of UK Pokémon Prof, Founder of Team Sussex
    UK Nationals Judge 2005, 06, 08, 09, 10 and 11.
    The Hive 2012

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireborn View Post
    Wow, Dave is in a generous mood this weekend. First extra prizes to the T64 in Masters, now 8 extra Worlds invites =D All I can say is that I think it's amazing this can happen in Pokemon, even though I'm not there I'll be grateful on behalf of all the extra winners ;) This shows how much POP cares about its players!
    not just that but an extra invite for the Britians a month ago :)
    /quit.

Images
    WOW the extra invites was unexpected!!

Does that mean they are taking away POP ranking invites, or are they just expanding the size of Worlds?
    www.sixprizes.com

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonSteve View Post
    I KNEW IT! I knew someone played a YU-GI-OH deck.
    Yep, in the first round someone played a Yu-Gi-Oh deck and security took them away. mmmm come to think about it I have not seen that player since.

OMG!!! 3 FROM NE IN T8!!!!!!! Also still got one in Juniors Go MARKROX!!!!!! NE DOES IT!!!!
    The Year of the Black Rainbow is Comming ..........
    Quote Originally Posted by pat460 View Post
    And a skilled player who thinks there should be no luck should play chess, right?

WOW the extra invites was unexpected!!

Does that mean they are taking away POP ranking invites, or are they just expanding the size of Worlds?
    No invites are being taken away. My thought is that PUI plan to have extra invites just in case they needed to solve an issue that might come up.

Images
    Note to self:

Ensure that Fried Blaziken does not attempt to enter the main worlds event with a YGO deck.

/quit.

Images
    Pokegym,

I know that many of you have been sad that we stop posting the top players in the National tournaments. As you know this was because of what happened. Here is what happened so everyone knows the reason for it.

What happened is when we paired the Top 16 in the Master Division players were not paired with who they were supposed to be paired with for round 2. The error was not discovered till the round was already halfway through the second round that players were not being seated with who they should have been. So PUI asked that everything that was posted be taken down till we figured out what to do. Since some matches had been finished and we were already into the tournament it was decided not to stop the tournament and repair each player with who they were suppose to be paired with.

Now the great news is that to make it right Dave S announced that all Top 16 players in the Master Division will be given invites to Worlds. That just shows you how much they are great about making sure things are done right.
    Because they knew they had to give Jimmy an invite or else!
    www.sixprizes.com

Jorel K = JKwarrior

He is playing Empoleon + Bronzong... aka funkalicious.dec

GO JOREL!!!
    You know you are in Texas when you discover that you can get sunburned through your car window.

Images
    Finally some bit of deck stuff, mhm? lol.

GLB, im wondering how many mins left until a hour lunch break, right?
    /quit.

Images
    No invites are being taken away. My thought is that PUI plan to have extra invites just in case they needed to solve an issue that might come up.
    If they had extra, does that mean those WOULD have gone to LCQ?

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Quote Originally Posted by Boofu View Post
    Jorel K = JKwarrior

He is playing Empoleon + Bronzong... aka funkalicious.dec

GO JOREL!!!
    Didn't you get the memo? That is Edgar.dec
    Last edited by yoyofsho16; 06/29/2008 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Doublepost Eliminator
    www.sixprizes.com

Here is another great example, I just found out that Dave brought in pizza for all the Top 4 players of the tournament so they can grab a quick bite and get back to playing.

Images
    yoyo: Edgar.dec is yet another silly little hype to get players attention about SDs for Nationals, ya know....

And major props to Dave for being so generous.... =D
    /quit.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast