Thread: Glen Burnie, MD 9-21

Glen Burnie, MD 9-21

Goin' back to GB! The Glen Burnie Battle Road is comin' up!

7476 Baltimore Annapolis Boulevard
      Glen Burnie, MD 21061

• Time: September 21, 2008
      Registration @ 11:00am
      Round One @ 12:00pm
      Late players will be given losses for the rounds they missed- no exceptions. Through our TO experience, Tara, Ryan, and I have become increasingly efficient in setting up and organizing tournaments. Expect us to start on time. Show up, even if you will be late- remember, Premier events are free; you have nothing to lose! Late entry does not affect your Premier Rating.

• Contacts:
      Judges- ninetales1234 (HJ)
      Ryan Simóns
      titan-girl (PTO)

• Format: Modified-Constructed
      There will be deck checks. Make sure your deck is Modified-legal the first time.
      Click here to see what sets you may use for your deck.

If you don't have enough Modified-Legal cards, remember, this is a retail venue: buy some! If you are having trouble, please talk with tournament staff. They will be make sure you're good to go.

• Tournament Style: Age Modified Swiss
      It appears that the new 40-minute round time is mandatory, so expect us to be doing this. Timely play is still expected. Please continue to play at the same speed you always have.

• Admission: Free!

• Prizes:
      -Standard prizes of course. aardvarkvcg, titan-girl, and I have a tendency to take things to the next level- we will have door prizes.
      -This is a Premier Event so you will be playing for a Premier Rating.

• Make sure you come with:
      -Something to write with (to record your wins/losses)
      -Damage counters and coins (or dice) for coin-flipping.
      -A smile on your face, as I will be bringing my camera.
      -RaiEggs

• Additional Info: Don’t forget to be there on time and don’t forget your POP ID#. If you haven’t become a POP member yet, come early so we can sign you up and give you a POP ID#. Membership is free. If you have any questions about this tournament, post in this thread or PM me.
    Last edited by ninetales1234; 09/10/2008 at 09:56 PM.
    6th place MD States 2007, 48th place US Nationals 2007, 8th place Stafford CC 2010, 6th place Mid-Atlantic Regionals 2011, 2nd place Leonardtown BR Spring 2012, 1st Place, Yorktown Steam Siege Prerelease, 4th Place, League Challenge at Orlando Regionals, Winner Ditto ex CaC Contest
    Quote Originally Posted by PokePop View Post
    [ninetales1234] is an anarchist because he believes that government is just another group of people

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

I look forward to seeing everyone.
    This should be a great season opener for many of us.
    With so many deck choices the competition should be awesome!
    www.theanteater.net
    www.somdpokemon.com
    http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/Li...me=Aardvarkvcg
    1st Lusby Battle Roads June 2008
    1st Glen Burnie Battle Roads Sept 2008

Great you do a battle road 30 minutes away and we cant' go to it...

I'll see if I can go. Probably not, but, if I do go I will definitely bring Raieggs.
    The New Jedi Order

The past three weeks of my life have been a big mess. It's all school-related. Tomorrow I have to stay home with my father to work on some documents- documents that are critical to my completion of college.

I am going to have to back out of this last minute. I know that Head Judge is an important position and that all Premier
    Events are important, but getting out of this piece of crap school is more important than one tournament.

Don't go to St. Mary's. Don't go to a school just because it's an "honors college"- pick the one that's right for you. [/public service announcement]

I hope to get out of this good-for-nothing school as soon as I can- once I am done, it won't be interfering with my outside life, especially Pokemon. Even a Battle Road is important, and I hate having to miss out. My apologies. Good luck to those who are going. I will see you in Lusby on 10-12.
    6th place MD States 2007, 48th place US Nationals 2007, 8th place Stafford CC 2010, 6th place Mid-Atlantic Regionals 2011, 2nd place Leonardtown BR Spring 2012, 1st Place, Yorktown Steam Siege Prerelease, 4th Place, League Challenge at Orlando Regionals, Winner Ditto ex CaC Contest
    [ninetales1234] is an anarchist because he believes that government is just another group of people

Quote Originally Posted by ninetales1234 View Post

I am going to have to back out of this last minute.
    Nick - I thought you weren't gonna make it? Obviously something changed...

The boys and I attended (they played - I 'parented'), since it's like 10 minutes away! We really missed seeing the VA players - I only recognized 1 single person (with the exception of the staff).

The registration and deck-check process was very smooth - even taking our hand-written decklists

@ Mike - next time, bring a spare shirt. I thought it was in bad taste to be playing while wearing a shirt with JUDGE on the back. Oh, and thanks for the card with your web site and stuff

@ Nick - try to discourage the players from hovering around the active matches - it is really distracting for the players.

@ Tara - Props for a well-run event - to include trying to fix the 2x bye player! The lunch break was really appreciated, too!

Cheers,
    Brian
    Brian
    CISSP, MCSE, retired Pokemon Professor

(current project - nordoxandsoaps.com!!) | Mega Refs List

It turns out that I was able to go to judge this event anyway. St. Mary's still sucks though.

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowRichards
    The boys and I attended
    I didn't know you were there. I would have said "hi".

@ Mike - next time, bring a spare shirt. I thought it was in bad taste to be playing while wearing a shirt with JUDGE on the back. Oh, and thanks for the card with your web site and stuff
    The prohibition on player's clothing applies to the Professor coats.

@ Nick - try to discourage the players from hovering around the active matches - it is really distracting for the players.
    I let my players know they can make people back away. If anyone was breathing down anyone's neck, nobody told me.

Thanx to everyone who showed up

Junior- 5
    1st- ??? (someone I've never seen before)
    2nd- Dylan A

Senior- 17
    1st- LJ W (Kingdra)
    2nd- Steven V (Emo Deck)

Master- 13
    1st- Mike M (Palkia/Mantine)
    2nd- Rob P (BellAwsome)

Props
    -People laughed at my jokes
    -Great sportsmanship from Drew, who allowed his opponent to undo an attack. The game went to time, and his opponent won the game, because he allowed his opponent to take it back. Also, props to him for going 3-2 with Torterra/Sceptile never having played the deck before and never having played Modified.
    -Getting to sit outside in lovely weather to do deck checks. It really was perfect out there...
    -John and Simóns.
    -Crowd control, people who drove, and parents of Pokemon players.
    -Mike and Tara, for being understanding when I say I have to back out last minute.
    -Not having to back out last minute

Slops
    -Rude comments to players who were not performing well.
    -Scratching yourself in weird ways when you're the last match of the round and everyone can see you
    -Pizza which Mike explained is a product of low production costs- more grease = less cheese & pepperoni. I'm doing Subway next time.
    -TOM, for the unprecedented (this have never happened before in any of the real or simulation tournaments I've ran through the past years) giving two byes to the same player consecutively. I'm sure POPWebmaster will get it fixed in no time.
    -College

-There were only 5 Juniors, which forced us to do Age-Modified Swiss (instead of all age groups completely separated). If we get 6 or more in each group, the tournament will be separated. We need more Juniors. They are the heart of this game. Kids, tell your friends about Pokemon. Tara, Mike, and I can only do so much. You have the power. You can get people into Pokemon. You can help us grow this game. Spread the word- let your friends know how fun this game is.
    Last edited by ninetales1234; 09/23/2008 at 11:24 AM.

RainbowRichards+kids still play Pokemon?!
    Looking for a card? Try Pokepedia.net. Searching made easy.
    The text tells you the answer.

should've came here instead of woodbridge so there would be less compition

good job to all the winners, looks like lj is stil in seniors so i guess im gonna face him this season,if there is a dreamwizards one,i might come later yall...
    Who's ready for worlds!!!