Thread: Tell us what you think?

Blog Entries
    Images

Tell us what you think?

Tell us what you think of the new Pokemon Rulings Compendium site!
    What do you like about it? What would make it more useful?

Be sure to look through all the extra pages, too. Is there a typo? Updated info needed? Something else you’d like to see?
    You can respond to Team Compendium in this PokéGym thread.

Visit original post on Compendium site...
    Last edited by bulbasnore; 10/31/2008 at 01:59 PM.

Very nice! This can prove to be extremely useful.

A quick question: are you guys ('snore, big daddy snorlax, 'pop, others) official POP people?

Images
    I'd say a different WordPress theme. I don't really like the red on white. It's a bit hard on the eyes. Plus the sidebar graphic to the left doesn't display the whole way on my screen since it is stationary and seems to crowd out the WordPress just a bit. Here is what it looks like on my screen: http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/6...eenshotab7.png

I like the little Ditto with TC on it for the site's icon. That's a nice touch.

Member Services Administrator EeveeLover's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir52 View Post
    Very nice! This can prove to be extremely useful.

A quick question: are you guys ('snore, big daddy snorlax, 'pop, others) official POP people?
    You can read up on the history of TC and the compendium here, while they are not employees of PUI , they have unsurpassed access to the folks there as well as with the Pokemon Card Lab folks in Japan.

They must be doing something right, as both WoTC and PUI have stated they fully support and endorse The Compendium as the official rulings source.

The members of TC are all Master Professors and they are usually the Head Judges for the major event that PUI holds - US. Nats and Worlds.
    Wayne Cunningham

'08, '09, '10, '11, '12 (HJ), '13 US Nats Judge
    '06, '08, '09 Worlds Staff / '10, '11, '12, '13 Worlds Judge
    League Owner / League Leader / Tournament Organizer / Professor / Judge

Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir52 View Post
    Hmm, Official. Well, we're all members of the PUI Rules Team, but we're volunteer advisors and advocates. The RULINGS are official, because we collect official rulings from PUI and POP and publish them.

Please see our FAQ for more about your question.

Quote Originally Posted by Mew* View Post
    I like the little Ditto with TC on it for the site's icon. That's a nice touch.
    Thanks. The Ditto logo was done for us by SailorClef while winning a FavIcon contest here on the Gym.

How big in pixels is your screen, if you can tell us?
    How to: Get a Player ID Online, Set up your Battle Box
    Member, Team Compendium

^Oh. It's a Ditto. I couldn't tell what it was!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bulbasnore View Post
    How big in pixels is your screen, if you can tell us?
    1024x768. I have pretty big toolbars and stuff on this computer, so that cuts a lot off the height, But I noticed other things on this computer show up bigger on this than my desktop where they fit nicely. Guess it's just me, or does anybody else have my problem where the entire side image won't display?

Blog Entries
    Images
    Yah, it should be made to fit in 1024x768, at least left to right. That needs some adjustment. Thanks, I'll work on it over the next few weeks.
    Member, Team Compendium

Very Nice look and feel.

i have always looked to the Compendium for learning and rules. an excelent tool for judges and players alike.

I do have a slight problem with by browser, so the side with the Compendium image i only can see the "emon" in Pokemon.

Content Developer
    Blog Admin
    Contest Host
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think Bulbasnore appreciates the comments on the look of the site, but please realize that the look of the site will be worked on more when the functionality of the site and the information on the site is completed. So, for right now, comments on the information or functionality of the site would benefit Bulbasnore a lot more.

Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I think Bulbasnore appreciates the comments on the look of the site, but please realize that the look of the site will be worked on more when the functionality of the site and the information on the site is completed. So, for right now, comments on the information or functionality of the site would benefit Bulbasnore a lot more.
    Nice to have you in my corner, my friend. You are 100% right. Not to slow down any look comments, but info comments should be ramped up.
    Member, Team Compendium

Blog Entries
    Images
    Hmmm, odd, but it wouldn't let me log in over there. Says invalid user name. Otherwise, great setup, and great work.
    References / Buy, sell refs New: pokemon X quad and quint pokemon available Here
    .... it's time. . Friend code 5343-8299-8341 Pokerus also available - pm me.
    Retirement means my opinions are my own, but feel free to disagree! I'm frequently wrong, and old enough to realize it.

Blog Entries
    Images
    Ah, its not intended for discussion, that's why we link the discussion back here.
    Member, Team Compendium

Blog Entries
    Images
    Ok, I sent you a pm, thanks.
    References / Buy, sell refs New: pokemon X quad and quint pokemon available Here
    Retirement means my opinions are my own, but feel free to disagree! I'm frequently wrong, and old enough to realize it.

Member Services Administrator EeveeLover's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Personally, I do not have display issues on any computer I have opened it on (4 total).

That being said, I love the info the Compendium gives, I always have. It makes Judging much easier, as everything is in one place, and easy to find - crtl+F FTW!

Seeing the old chat logs in cool to. The history area and the bios are cool as well.

All in all, a very good site and a big upgrade from the old version.

Any word on when the Comp LV X will become a PDF for easy downloading?
    Wayne Cunningham

'08, '09, '10, '11, '12 (HJ), '13 US Nats Judge
    '06, '08, '09 Worlds Staff / '10, '11, '12, '13 Worlds Judge
    League Owner / League Leader / Tournament Organizer / Professor / Judge

Blog Entries
    Images
    Rather rude there bud. But then rules do tend to bore certain people. Thanks for your input.

Images
    very nice! Team Rocket approved!
    expect every flip to be tails and you'll never be dissappointed