Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Pokemon card set ever????

Thumbs down Worst Pokemon card set ever????

Which set out of all the sets ever released do you think is the worst?

my least favorite was "EX Holon Phantoms"

I mean come on....a "fire" type horsea, electric type magikarp?? you could tell near the end of the EX series the makers were just trying to cram a few more sets of Ruby and Saphire in there to get a little more extra money. I sure hope they don't try and do something like that in the DP series

bring back the Gym leaders cards!
    Last edited by pokefan84; 12/24/2008 at 02:36 PM.

You are making me very angry right now. (JK)
    I LOVED the delta species cards.

My least favorite set is probably the first DP set.
    The New Jedi Order

I Hated EX: legend maker.....
    That set was so un-intresting...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushiking View Post

when i fart part of the globe warms.

Images
    Skyridge.
    It was just dumped on the market
    Rules Team Member / Member of Team Compendium - The Pokemon Rulings Compendium - Co-Owner of PokeGym.net
    Premiere Tournament Organizer
    Invited to Judge every US National Championship and World Championship
    Masters Head Judge TCG World Championship 2010 - Seniors Head Judge US Nationals 2009

I love the Holon Phantoms cards.

But I agree, Gym was awesome. I scored some VS cards a while back which included the Johto gym leaders. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Garchomper View Post
    I Hated EX: legend maker.....
    That set was so un-intresting...
    Banette ex, Mew ex, Giant Stump, Cursed Stone....

What was your favorite set? EMERALD?
    r

Anything from the Ecard series. Just, so bad... There's almost nothing good that can be said about the Ecard series...
    2008 North American Professor Cup Champion
    Minnesota Furious Fists Prereleases || FREE Furious Fists Win-A-Box
    Bullados YouTube Channel
    If you happen to know of a USB, clip-on microphone, please let me know. Thank you!

Images
    Honestly, the worst card series for me would be definately Emerald. Only card that worth from that set is Medicham ex, Rare Candy, Battle Frontier, Scott and DRE. ;P
    /quit.

Legendary Collection anyone??
    Trading Thread: http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=129733 - Refs
    Quote Originally Posted by afstandopleren
    1/ Am I, as European, living in a future for Americans? 2/ how about forcing experienced players to use non-donk decks and force newbies to play CHamp, Kingdra and other Donk decks? 3/ ...Kingdra failed during BRs. 4/ ^^^There is luck involved in Chess

I agree, Legend Maker was hands down the worst set ever, it was just so damn boring and i hated umm... hmm.. lets see.... everything about that set other then Mew Ex which was pretty hard to get anyway.

Ex: Emerald and Ex:Power Keepers were atrocious and terrible in my opinion! The main reasons that I hated Ex:Power Keepers were that Midori Harada illustrated many of the images for this set and his artwork is so dark and boring in my opinion. Also, I bought around 25 booster packets without getting an Ex card, which is disappointing anyway, but when I did finally receive one it was Skarmory Ex which is not exactly awesome! Hidden Legends was also atrocious.
    Kiki Lava Apple Eruption xxx
    Last edited by Kiki Lava Apple Eruption; 12/02/2008 at 10:18 AM.

Skyridge was by far the WORST set EVER! I mean there was nothing in those packs and they were completely useless.

X(
    Wanna fight or trade? My D&P FC is 3436 9597 3035
    Quote Originally Posted by Spavie View Post
    I would have a kakuna. I could hit people with it if they attacked me, I could play sports with it, I could use it to drive in nails.... There'd be so many uses for it.
    A year off pokémon and I'm back baby.

I also don't like the Ecard series. that was when i started to take my break. and the first EX sets weren't the best either.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychicpokemon View Post
    for battle roads I'll probably run ZPS, Scizor Prime, Scolipede, or vileplume :/
    We Got 'Em

Emerald, LM, and PK were all at least interesting sets with cards that you could build decks around and strategies that are at least fun.

I saw none of that come out of any of the 3 Ecard sets.

LC was interesting b/c of the potential for Limited. Plus those RHs were SO DARN PRETTY!!!
    2008 North American Professor Cup Champion
    Minnesota Furious Fists Prereleases || FREE Furious Fists Win-A-Box
    Bullados YouTube Channel
    If you happen to know of a USB, clip-on microphone, please let me know. Thank you!

EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua, that is my least favorite set. The only good card in that set was Blaziken ex.

Also, Skyridge was such a pain to collect. It didn't last that long anyway.
    ~Cyber~
    Life is a battle, fight and grow

CG was always a set I didn't care for. Not many good cards other than cess and windstorm came out of that one. The worst part about CG was that the good cards were so hard to get.
    I <3
    1,3,7-trimethyl-1H-purine-2,6(3H,7H)-dione 3,7-dihydro-1,3,7-trimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

I hated power keepers. Just not too much room for potential in that set.
    Done with Pokemon.
    I've moved on to better and better things.
    Most people I played with were nice, but you guys know who you are. I'm laughing because I'm living it now a lot better than you guys will ever. And if you wanna say something about it, I'm right here.

Emerald. Terrible terrible set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Young_Conover View Post
    LOL yo i never donked any1 with my kingdra!

*looks up into the sky* WHHHHHHHHYYYYY!

LA didn't have anything in it.
    3rd Worlds '10

Quote Originally Posted by Profesa_Magma View Post
    LA didn't have anything in it.
    I hope your kidding about that.
    I <3
    1,3,7-trimethyl-1H-purine-2,6(3H,7H)-dione 3,7-dihydro-1,3,7-trimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

My worst has got to be D&P. All the lv.xs you can just get in tins. So there is nothing to hope for when your opening a pack.
    Worlds invitee '09, '10, '11

UK Masters

Propokemon.com

This is gonna get locked in the next couple days. anyway... either ruby and saphire, skyridge, or delta species.
    Instagram and Twitter: @lukeriverr
    Vanguard, Pokemon, and Kaijudo

Quote Originally Posted by i like burdn of a day View Post
    This is gonna get locked in the next couple days. anyway... either ruby and saphire, skyridge, or delta species.
    DELTA SPECIES!?!?!?!?!?!?

Oh my god. Just oh my god..

Oh my god...
    Trading Thread: http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=129733 - Refs
    Quote Originally Posted by afstandopleren
    1/ Am I, as European, living in a future for Americans? 2/ how about forcing experienced players to use non-donk decks and force newbies to play CHamp, Kingdra and other Donk decks? 3/ ...Kingdra failed during BRs. 4/ ^^^There is luck involved in Chess

Diamond and Pearl. Why bother, when you can just buy the lv xs in tins?

If reprint sets count, Base Set 2.
    If not, either Ruby & Sapphire (it gave us Blaziken) or Emerald (hardly anything decent in it).

EDIT: Skyridge really failed to interest me upon its release, but looking back on it now, there were some pretty fun cards in there.
    Last edited by SuperWooper; 11/16/2008 at 03:00 PM. Reason: because the wind is high, it blows my mind

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast