Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Butterfree Will Never Come Back

Butterfree Will Never Come Back

I just received some sad news from one of my Japanese friends, who was translating an episode. Apparently, in the Bye-Bye Buterfree episode (the Japanese version), Brock tells Ash that once Butterfree breed, they die. That is why Ash was extra sad in the episode. For the English version, they had to change around the script to make it more dramatic and to mask the fact that it was going to die, since Ash was really crying because he knew he would never see it again.

I was really hoping it would come back one day, but now we know that it won't since it is dead. :(
    Last edited by Water Pokemon Master; 08/16/2004 at 10:52 PM.
    Webmaster of [PokéBeach] and
    [PokeBeach Forums].

That makes me sad. It brings a tear to my eye when another nonexistent creature continues to not exist.

Ok, but seriously that kinda puts a damper on the whole thing. Do you know of any other censorships where they have edited out Pokemon who actually died?
    Last edited by Kyogre; 08/16/2004 at 11:05 PM.
    ooooooo
    ooooooooooo
    ooooooooooooo
    ooooooooooo
    ooooooo

I have known this for almost... 3 years. You people would be suprized how much they cut out of episodes.

Yeah I knew about it also for a long time. Now, I haven't watched the Pokemon cartoon in a while, and did Primeape ever come back?
    You can't become a MASTER TRAINER if you do Drugs! -Pokemon Bookmark

Leave things the way they are.
    I mean, Dying is a part of life (different from drugs and such) and should not be avoided.
    ait's not like showing that would make it TV14.
    It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool." -Haruhara Haruko, FLCL
    Now Playing: Feels So Good To Me Cinder Road
    My sn is pronounced (ee-yahtz). If you were to romanize it, it would be spelled Iyatsu, for sake of what I know.
    Please support me and my new hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyogre
    Ok, but seriously that kinda puts a damper on the whole thing. Do you know of any other censorships where they have edited out Pokemon who actually died?
    Since seeing the episode where the rock falls on him, I have always wondered if Bulbasore didn't die as well.
    Remember the Furret!
    Pokemon Forever!->->->->->->->->-> Like AMVs?
    Pray 4 peace!
    http://the-anime-adv1sor.blogspot.com/ For the latest anime news.

Hmmm, it's been ages since I've seen the show, but here's a theory on primeape:

He was flattened by a rock, sliced into millions of pieces, and put into a factory, where hundreds of thousands of Primeape cards were made ^_^
    Recent Tournament Placement:
    1st place, 2003 Sandstorm Prerelease (UNDEFEATED)
    18th place: Fall 2012 Tomball Battle Road (3-3)
    23rd place: 2007 Oklahoma State Championship (2-3)
    12th place: 2015 Oak Ridge North League Challenge (3-2 but really 3-1 'cause I was late)

I'm now depressed agen....... :( :( :( :( I miss my friends!

Quote Originally Posted by Adv1sor
    Since seeing the episode where the rock falls on him, I have always wondered if Bulbasore didn't die as well.
    Bulbasaur appeared again during the Johto League Silver Conference thing.
    If you can't say something nice, your parents will blame the media. ~proverb

Orange Soda Online

*SPOILERS*

...and Bulba comes back when May gets her own Bulbasaur.

*/SPOILERS*
    [PokeBeach Forums].

Knowing that the first Pokemon Ash has ever caught is dead makes me feel empty inside........ I'm going to find a corner to cry in.

Quote Originally Posted by Water Pokemon Master
    *SPOILERS*

*/SPOILERS*

But its not the same Bulba, May's Bulba head pattern resembles hearts on its forehead.
    ooooooo
    ooooooooooo
    ooooooooooooo
    ooooooooooo
    ooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Water Pokemon Master
    *SPOILERS*

*/SPOILERS*
    Ash's Bulba goes back to Oak's at the end of that episode.

Yeah, but it still comes back. :)
    [PokeBeach Forums].

Ok thanks. Good to know he's still around.
    Remember the Furret!
    Pokemon Forever!->->->->->->->->-> Like AMVs?
    Pray 4 peace!
    http://the-anime-adv1sor.blogspot.com/ For the latest anime news.

Images
    yeah.. i too have known about the butterfree thing for quite a while...

as for bulbasaur.. i dunno if anyone else noticed but it HAS A PERSONALITY and i think that it would never forgive ash if he tried to make it "go free"....
    (i also noticed that blubasaur and squirtle seemed to be best friends or something XD; )
    MISSINGNO. isn't a glitch, it's a Tetris block!

Butterfree is my favorite character from the TV show...this totally screws up my fanfic.

Next Theory: Butterfree's kid finds Ash!
    Daieoskail II: Revelation
    The original Daieoskail
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Zangoose View Post
    Well, if [Palin] won the 2012 election, that would definitely prove all those doomsday theories to be true. >__>

Quote Originally Posted by SailorClef
    (i also noticed that blubasaur and squirtle seemed to be best friends or something XD; )
    I read somewhere that the starters have a habit of becoming friends like that. I forget quite where it was. Probably just alluded to in old 'Dex data or something.
    "I argue very well. Ask any of my remaining friends. I can win an argument on any topic, against any opponent. People know this, and steer clear of me at parties. Often, as a sign of their great respect, they don't even invite me." —Dave Barry

Pokémon SS - You know you want to read it.

What's wrong with Pokemon of oposing types getting along? Even Pokemon of rivle trainers can be best friends.

Charmander and Squirtle in the Anime got along too. In one of the Sabrina eps, they were both playing tag. There have been a ton of other times when all three in different combos were playing with each other.
    [PokeBeach Forums].

That's pretty sad to learn. I really liked him as a caterpie though; that conversation he had with Pikachu while staring at the moon was pretty nice. Sigh.

Well, I guess as a butterfree, he lost most of his personality, and you can tell if a poké is expendable if it has real personality or not. Since he wasn't that interesting personality-wise, it's pretty simple to give him the axe. Bulba hasn't been killed off for that reason, I guess.

It seems like they stopped giving personalities out as much as they used to. When Ash started, he had some kind of actual connection to his pokés. Now they aren't that personal. That's how I see it, anyways.
    Anyone who says "it's just a game" shouldn't be playing.

For the English version, they had to change around the script to make it more dramatic and to mask the fact that it was going to die
    How is masking the fact that it is going to die making it more dramatic?

Because, in the Japanese version, they were crying because Butterfree was going to die. Since in the English version they took out the fact it was going to die, they had to make it more dramatic to get it up to the level of where they were crying because they would never see it again, masking the fact that it was really going to die. Since death is a very sad thing, if they would had just edited out the part where Brock said Butterfree would die after it had babies, everyone would be like "Why are they crying so much over it just leaving?"
    [PokeBeach Forums].

Hey WPM since you are (well I consider you to be) the spoiler master do you know when Pidgeott is coming back?I LOVED him.HE was SsssssssssssOooooooooooo COOL!

No, it hasn't come back and probably will never come back.
    [PokeBeach Forums].

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast