|07/25/2010, 01:24 AM||#1|
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Tournament
CALL OF DUTY : MODERN WARFARE 2 TOURNAMENT
Welcome all to my Call of Duty tournament! This is designed to be a fun tournament with some interesting and different rules in place ;) The tournament is due to start Friday 6th August, and there’s a limit of 16 players with 3 reserves. Have fun everyone, and good luck!
- ALL WEAPONS ARE ALLOWED!!
- Care Package
- Emergency Airdrop
- AC 130
- Chopper Gunner
- 2 vs 2 Team Deathmatch
- Your partner for the game is picked at random
- Same map for all battles picked by me each round.
- Regular 1st person mode (No 3rd person/Hardcore mode)
Explanation of why I chose this format:
Well I’ve had a think about this for a while and I didn’t want to just say ‘free-for-all’ as personally I don’t like that game mode and I think it would end up being quite boring after the first few rounds. So I’ve had an idea – 2 vs 2 Team Deathmatch. The way it’ll work is that everyone signs up first, and then you are picked a partner at random for that game. It will follow a knock-out format, if you and your partner win the game you advance to the next round and if not you are out of the competition. Also, for every round there’s going to be an allocated map that everyone must use (EG. When round 1 starts, I’ll say ‘Terminal’) to stop fighting about who wants what map.
- If the connection drops and the game suddenly ends, there are some things you should check to determine what happens next:
- If it was before ‘half time’ in the match, then you should replay the match regardless of the current results.
- If it was over ‘half time’ in the game, whichever team was winning at the time wins the match. If there are any problems, please come and talk to me to get them resolved :D
- You have to add your ally/opponents as friends before the match, and you must enter a private match to play the game.
- I also believe (correct me if I’m wrong) that your ‘tag’ must be the same as your allies to be on the same team as them.
- If 1 person out of the 4 that will play at once don’t show up, then either one of the reserves or myself will step into their place instead and they will be removed from the competition (If there is no indication that they wanted to play eg. Contacting me, the other players etc).
- If 2 players out of the 4 that will play at once don’t show up, the 2 that did will both go to the next round and the 2 that didn’t will be kicked (Again, that is if there was no indication that they wanted to play)
- If you are dropping from the tournament, please let me know in PM or in this thread.
- Don’t forget it is just a game and that it’s for FUN! I know some people can get very frustrated over these games, and especially if you are using a headset then don’t use curse words etc., as there may be reasonably ‘young’ people playing it. There are NO PRIZES, so there is nothing to gain or lose by playing in this tournament.
ROSTER: 1) Donezator --- Any time GMT 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) 9) 10) 11) 12) 13) 14) 15) 16) - Reserves 1) 2) 3) ---- If you want to sign up, post your... ---- PS3 Name What times you can play/Time Zone
For the tournament to work, we need at least 8 players before we can begin, so get signing up! If anything I’ve wrote doesn’t make sense or you think so be changed to improve the tournament, just LMK. :D
(Thanks to Benzo for his report on 'How to post Tournament' )
2nd Place UK Nationals 2008 - Juniors
3rd Place UK Nationals 2010 - Seniors
3rd Place UK Nationals 2011 - Seniors
- Qualified for Worlds 4 years in a row - Went in 2008 -
Last edited by Donezator; 07/25/2010 at 02:18 AM.