|12/16/2008, 07:47 PM||#1|
general rules questions
Hi my name is Shane and this is my first post.
I just started playing last week. I have been playing MTG competitively for over 7yrs and am now just getting back into Pokemon. (haven't played in about 5 years)
I hope I am not asking this in the wrong part of the forum.
Alright Ive looked around but I can't find specific answers to these questions.
Can someone evolve a poke on their first turn (no) but (do you consider your first turn the turn you can actually do something or the turn where someone starts the game?)
Alright and when can someone play trainers? first or second turn?
I read people saying it's good to go second with this deck here
im confused on when your first turn starts and when the active player receives priority to actually evolve and play trainers.
can you attack and then retreat? if not wouldn't using your chatot to draw cards after you atk be a waste of a poke if the opponent has something nasty to kill it with because you cannot retreat afterwords?
What sets are legal for tournament play (if anyone has a link to the set icons I would really appreciate this)
also on coin flips determining who goes first is their anyway I could choose to go second?
im just a little confused as to how the game is actually played.
Last edited by Shan3; 12/16/2008 at 08:30 PM.
|12/16/2008, 08:31 PM||#2|
1. Neither player can evolve normally on their first turn. That's each player's first turn.
Evolving by effects (Trainers/Attacks/Powers) can be done.
2. The player that goes first can only play Pokemon and Energy cards on their first turn.
The player that goes second has no such restriction.
3. Answered above.
4. Attacking is the last thing that you can do on your turn. You can't retreat afterwards.
It could be a waste. Or you may decide it is worth it to get a new hand.
5. Legal sets are found in the link to "Modified Legal Card List" found at the top left of our front page.
The direct link to the list is here: http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=41415
6. Best to find a league near you and have someone go through a few games with you. Search using just the zip code. The League finder has problems when you give it too much info.