Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What kind of impact will Houndoom GE have at States???

smacktack15

I am planning to go to a Provincial Championship this weekend and saw Houndoom GE's scan. It is a great card and I am asking if you think it will be played, can it go toe to toe with G&G or Magmortar Variants? This isn't a poll but, a question/opinion thread. Discuss.

There's a Houndoom in Great Enc... oh, there is!

Seriously though, it's nothing that exciting. After you start off fast you'll eventually lose to a GG or Mag deck. It's kind of just a matter of time. Houndoom reminds me a lot of Kricketune, which isn't making any kind of impact on the game right now (thank God).

There are other cards in the format other than GG and Magmortar?

DUDE! I can't believe I haven't been playing them...oh wait, I know why.

The card is decent, but decent doesn't cut it in today's environment filled with overpowered cards and combos.

when will they make another game breaking houndoom like the UF one?

<see it's my fav. pokemon. But I didn't play Bandoom, not my style of deck. I'm more in bench hitting. Shady move just didn't do it for me. If they made a GOOD bench hitting Houndoom, I would be in Pokemon Heaven. Made it dark as we already have Magmortar. Heck here it is:

Houndoom HP 90
Types Dark/Fire

Overrun - 30 damage, does 20 damage to one of you opponents benched pokemon. RC (like Arcanine Ex, but not an Ex)

Fire Bomb - Choose one of your opponent's pokemon, this attack does 30 damage to that pokemon and 20 damage to two of your opponents pokemon that are placed right next to that the one you chose. RDC

See a new strategy, placing pokemon in certain spots could be big then.

Weakness: + 20 Water
Resistance: -20 Psychic
Retreat Cost: 0

I can dream can't I?

It has the potential to T2 some decks, but other than that, late game, I think it would constantly lose. If it wins more than 4 states, I would be surprised.

The impact? It's gonna be like throwing a stone into a lake. First you can see the waves and it gets weaker and weaker...

It's fast for the first few turns, but your opponent's gonna sac some bait for you to KO and build up something massive. By then you dont really have much backup because you are constantly charging for the active houndoom.

Question: What kind of impact will Houndoom GE have at States???
Answer: A minimal one, if that.(In regards to the masters and perhaps seniors divisions)

As much as I like the new Houndoom from Great Encounters, I just can't see it doing well. Sure, it can burn, it can do 70 for a single toss of the multi, but the fact that it's bound to that is the downfall of this card. The first attack is pretty cool though, and the HP is decent I suppose. Still, it's just not strong enough to compete within todays format.

Back