Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Prize_Card's Arizona State Tournament!

Prize_Card

Hi guys! After coming home from states I am VERY satisfied!! Heres how the tournament went for Arizona seniors state championship.

I was playing Gardivoir Gallade along with 1 other person in my age group.

Round 1 GG vs. Straight Blissy

GG kills any form of blissy. I started with Sableye (my 1 tech) and a ralts on the bench. I got turn 2 gallade and started loading it up. From there It went downhill for my opponent. I had 3 gallades and a gardy lvl x by the end of the game. Knowing that he didn't have anything that could hit the bench cause it's blissy.... I just kept retreating my injured gallades. I ended up winning only letting him take 1 prize. :biggrin:

1-0

Round 2 GG vs. BlissKiss

Nothing much to say, blissy has weakness and he couldn't get FF or togekiss. So I won that one easly, I also pulled off t2 gallade again.

2-0

Round 3 GG vs Bannete/Blissy

This was a tough match-up. But luckly the kid was younger so he didn't do the right moves that could have one him the game. He started with a god set-up t2 bannete and blissy, I though forsure I lost. I had absol active ralts, and sableye on the bench.. He retreats his active ts bannete for a mawile and starts to pick out thinking he can counter me.. I r etreated and brought out sableye and bought myself time to set up. he shoulda killed my sableye instead of trying to set up. He played lake boundry first turn so it gave both of us an advantage, I easily one hitted his blissys, he one hitted my gallades. It came down to 1 to 1 prizes and I only have a gardivoir level x. I just used bring down for game.

3-0

Round 3 GG v. GG :frown:

Mirror match is ussualy hard against me, I need to tech against it. Basicly he went first and got everything with absol.. I couldn't do anything so he won.

Top 4

In senior division.. Even with kids from california we only had 15 players! Which is lame.. so we had only 4 rounds and cut to top 4.

Round 1 GG v Straight Blissy

I started with ralts, attached energy and sleeped him. He rolled tails. He couldn't get basic I rare candy gallade Double rainbow for game.. He was pretty ticked.. The second game I couldnt get ANYTHING.. I had an absol and the rest energy.. He won. Match 3, I started with absol and discarded everything good which completley screwed him.. I eneded up winning.

Top 2!!:eek::eek:

Im really excited now because Ive never been top 2 in states before. Last season I was top4 then got DQ'ed for cussing.... Any way.

GG v. GG

Game 1, Was pretty fantastic on my part. I got t2 gallade and won, as easy as that.. Game 2, he started with absol and discarded everything so I couldnt set up. I ended up with 3 rare candys in my hand and nothing else.

Game 3, This game took a long time! It was such a good match. He pretty much had an amazing start and I was lossing horrible 4 to 1 prizes.. Some how I got a gallade out got the scramble, then took out a few of his pokemon. While using my gallade I got a gardivoir set up. My flipped over prize was the level x I needed.. He did a bad move by giving me one more knock out with my gallade so I could get the level x. I ended up bringdowning (<---New Word.) his last 2 gallades, on the feild.. A good play to mention which saved me the loss, I had a DRE and 2 energy on the gardi level x. I go retreat my DRE, bring out gallade teleportation, then I only have 2 so he cant knock me out with ralts! bring down.. He TGW to see if he could get lucky, he lost got nothing.. Then I bring down for the game!!:biggrin:

I won states!!!! Its the first time ever and I was really excited. I knew everyone was rooting for me, when he announced me as the winner it felt so good and everyone was like, "YEAH!!! haha" I got my box and my vouch to nationals! Although my box was REALLY REALLY BAD, lol, I was still very happy that I won..

Last edited:
Thanks a lot guys! It feels awsome.. The great thing is my parents are getting more into it also. Means I can go to regionals and stuff for it now!

Thanks a lot guys! It feels awsome.. The great thing is my parents are getting more into it also. Means I can go to regionals and stuff for it now!

Talk about lucky...I could never convince my parents the worth of the game, lol.

Also, congrats for winning!

The game against him was really really close.. He ran speed and barley disruption, so my absol wasnt as affective. And he got really lucky :frown: But it all turned out to be good.

Xyz_sniper dont remind me about last year.. lol

Spirit of mew thanks! See you at nats!

Thanks ken!

Dustin that was probaly the hardest 3 matches I've ever played in az, good job on making it to top2 and thanks!

Kirstin, you did a good job.. If you wouldnt of taken that first round lost im pretty sure you woulda made top. I didn't practice against empoleon so im happy you didnt make it :smile: Jk

Back