Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pop7

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet when it get's 'leaked' to the Pokegym first, you guys discuss it rationally...=X

If someone came to us with early scans that were not obtained legitimately, then we would NOT accept it. In fact, one season, we did get early POP scans.
At first we were not accepting them until it became clear that a European distributor had given them away at an event before they were released in the US.

Since they were legitimately obtained, we were happy to accept them.

I can't explain the difference much clearer than I have. I'm sorry that some of you can't see it.

PokeGym could easily scoop Beach on every single US card release, every time. But that would entail shady dealings that we won't do.

I don't think it helps to promote another reprint set. Whatever happened to Pop sets having, I don't know, cards that would make people want to get them? Where is our Pop 5 Mew craze?

Also, to answer "who opened them", plebeianpaint claimed outright to doing so a few posts back...

I guess it's a pride thing. If someone else get's it first, then it was "stolen" or "illegal" or "fake". But if Pokegym got it first, it's "perfectly legal" and "real" :rolleyes:.

Fact is, if anyone brings up this "Your leaked information is illegal" defense, which, many people in this thread have, just realize each time someone on the Pokegym has "leaked" information, you have pretty much praised that person. In fact, I would go as far as to say anyone who pulls the "Your leaked information is illegal" defense is a hypocrit.

Like it or not, information is *ALWAYS* getting to get leaked. Whether it is on Pokegym first, or Pokebeach first, stop arguing like school girls. =X.
when has ANYONE 'on' pokegym...meaning, the moderators OR administrators...'leaked' anything from POP?

if you're going to make that claim, you'd BETTER be able to back it up!

'mom

when has ANYONE 'on' pokegym...meaning, the moderators OR administrators...'leaked' anything from POP?

if you're going to make that claim, you'd BETTER be able to back it up!

'mom

Who said I was reffering to Moderators or Administrators?

Never did I imply it was a Moderator or an Administrator did such a thing.

You don't have to be a Moderator or Administrator to leak information.

There is far too much presumption, accusation, anger, rising tensions, and above all else, hysteria created from such an overall meaningless topic. If people actually lost sleep because Pop 7 didn't have a new card in it I apologize.

If somebody is to have so much passion for a topic, go campaign for/against the war in Iraq or something.

Jon/WPM/Martyr: Is that good enough? I think I have all the names there, eh?

Anyway....IP law is an ever evolving entity which is still not settled. Of course, you have gone to law school for 3 years, taken a bar exam and been practicing law for many years. OOPS, thats me! Now, with that said, I never ever proclaimed to be an IP expert. It is a specialized field. But I highly doubt a college student knows more than the lawyers on that issue. Bottom line, unless your source(s) come forward or are revealed, what are "we" (the general public) supposed to think? Of course it is illegal to reveal info beforehand in this fashion. Answer this one? Why doesnt your source want to be revealed? I know you wont give us a true answer, but that is the issue. Its kinda like letting the suspect tell the police a story and the police accepts it w/o any investigation to verify the truthfulness of said statement.

Keith

PS I'll make a deal with you, you PM me your source(s) and I will research if it is legal for them to have the cards/scans to send to you early. It will be confidential info that you provide me. I will have to connect the rest of the dots myself. I do know a thing or 2 about atty/client priviledge. Consider yourself a client at that point.

Last edited:

so, essentially you're comparing 'leaked' info posted by the owner/webmaster of a pokemon 'news' site, to any random messageboard post by any user of this forum, and saying they're the 'same'?

'mom

so, essentially you're comparing 'leaked' info posted by the owner/webmaster of a pokemon 'news' site, to any random messageboard post by any user of this forum, and saying they're the 'same'?

'mom

No. What I said was if information was leaked on the Pokegym first, you all discuss it rationally. But if it is posted on another site, namely Pokebeach first, everyone goes in to hysteria mode. As indicated by this thread.

i must say with great pleasure that Krucifier won the discussion against 'Mom, IMHO.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

I don't think it helps to promote another reprint set. Whatever happened to Pop sets having, I don't know, cards that would make people want to get them? Where is our Pop 5 Mew craze?

Also, to answer "who opened them", plebeianpaint claimed outright to doing so a few posts back...

That's what i have been saying for a while now. last year we got a perfect counter to Metanite, this year we get more reprints.

Last edited:
No. What I said was if information was leaked on the Pokegym first, you all discuss it rationally.

Cite, please.
Where was info leaked here?

As I stated above, we have refused such info when not obtained legitimately.
And we post where the info was obtained!
Post an example, please.

If somebody is to have so much passion for a topic, go campaign for/against the war in Iraq or something.

you should apologize for this comment made too. Some people like myself are very passionate about this game. I'm not afraid to admit that more then once have i been brought to tears of this game. One being yesterday at WI states, when I felt I was robbed/cheated out of first place.

can someone lock the thread? these argument have gone too far... :/

it's a good discussion, with high tension. but no flaming, nothing wrong here as the mods themselves keep posting, so I think they have decided it's gone well so far.

Last edited:
if you're comparing a member's post on the 'gym regarding info about a new tin, for example...info found on say a european distributor's website...to a webmaster's article with clearly ILLEGAL scans that NO ONE is supposed to have yet...then you're talking apples and oranges.

sorry you can't see that =/

'mom

Cite, please.
Where was info leaked here?

As I stated above, we have refused such info when not obtained legitimately.
And we post where the info was obtained!
Post an example, please.

i think he might be referring to the incident you mentioned, whether it was obtain within the lines or not it was leaked before we were suppose to get the info.

if you're comparing a member's post on the 'gym regarding info about a new tin, for example...info found on say a european distributor's website...to a webmaster's article with clearly ILLEGAL scans that NO ONE is supposed to have yet...then you're talking apples and oranges.

'mom

I believe he does see that, but it's you that fail to fully understand his argument. No matter how the scans were obtained, the gym (mostly mods) are easier on the person who leaked them if it came from the gym first.

Last edited:

'mom

SD Pokemom this has noting to do with the topic on hand, but I have a request for you, could you please consider changing your font, as it is difficult for me to read it. Thanks

Bad judge calls are a topic worth getting passionate over.

Constantly bickering back and forth about bad Pop sets, the topic of this thread, is not.

However, it is presumptive of you to think that I direct this comment to the game itself. I love this game, in fact so much so to have to say that there are better uses of one's time than arguing with virtually a brick wall.

again, and as 'pop has posted: WHEN have the admins of the 'gym EVER allowed illegally-produced scans of unreleased cards here?

'mom

So just because you yourselves don't post early information means it is okay that others post it on your forum? Quite hypocritical. Going by that mentality, you could sign up as a regular member and post early information to get people to come to your site. ;)

'mom

i have respect for you and all of the other admins and moderators on this site, but quite frankly, i find the way that you yourself posts to be very rude.
not just this post, but the very large majority of yours that i have ever read while being a member of this proud site.
its like you try to make the person that has a different opinion than yours feel like an idiot.
as a mod, and one of the main members of this site, i really think you should try wording your posts a bit different.
i know my mom would never attack someone the way you have and make them feel stupid about what theyve said.
just my honest opinion.
and i am positive that i am not the only one with that opinion.

now, about POP 7, and less of the scans, because im pretty sure thats what this thread is about...
i really dont see why POP is giving us reprints in the POP packs.
these are sopposed to be player rewards, i find nothing rewarding about getting the same cards that we have already gotten and are already relitively easy to get.
is there any way a POP official could tell us why they are doing this?
it really isnt helping the younger players learn the game if all theyre getting is the same cards that are already out and that they probably already have.
especaily seeing as how the last two have had NO trainers in them.
and we are still behind on lv x's.
if they want people to play and earn these POP packs then they need to start giving them some incentive to acctually want to earn them.
if there was something cool in them like a good reprint trainer, or a new one, or a lv x, or just anything that i dont already have 4+ of then i would deffinitely play and try to earn them.

wow. if you read that post, and put 'pop's or bds' or 'snore's name on it...it would STILL be considered 'rude'? REALLY?

i guess women aren't allowed to be direct, and speak their minds. sorry...guess i'd better head back to the kitchen...*shrugs*

'mom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back