Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2 New Broken Cards from DP5?

Jigglychu

politoed.jpg

Politoed LV.49 - HP 120
Stage 2 Pokemon - Evolves from Poliwhirl

PokeBody: When you have any Poliwag, Poliwhirl, or Poliwrarth in play, any attack damage done to your opponent's Active Pokemon by them is increased by 60. [Note: This attack has awkward wording, and Vincent is double-checking it.]

[WC] Frog Jump: 40+ damage. Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 40 more damage.

Weakness: Grass +30
Resistance: None
Retreat Cost: [C]

jirachi.jpg

Jirachi LV. 42 - 70 HP [Metal]
Basic Pokemon

[.] Lonely Dream: Choose a card from your deck, shuffle your deck, and place that card on the top of your deck.
[MM] Doom Desire: Discard all Energy cards attached to Jirachi. At the end of you opponent's next turn, the Defending Pokemon is Knocked Out.

Weakness: Fire +20
Resistance: Psychic -20

Credit to Pokebeach

These two cards are pure garbage. I dont like them - these two goes on my hate list until Latilock returns ;)

Poke Beach said:
Poliwag, Poliwhirl, Poliwrath, and Politoed need to individually be in play for their attacks to do 60 more damage. The Politoed archetype just went downhill fast. We are still awaiting for final confirmation on this, though, but it is very likely that this is the case.

---

If you have DP5's Shedinja out, then you can put 4 damage counters on Jirachi if it's Knocked Out. It's attack puts 3 damage counters on the Defending (and I think 4 damage counters on every card with the same name of the one who KO'd it), and if Shedinja has damage counters, Defending is confused. I like how this "counter", bwahaha.

I like Shedinja. :)

There is a big difference between the 2 translations posted.
PokeBody: When you have any Poliwag, Poliwhirl, or Poliwrarth in play, any attack damage done to your opponent's Active Pokemon by them is increased by 60.
If you have a Poliwag, Poliwhirl, and Poliwrath in play, each of your Poliwag, Poliwhirl, Poliwrath, and Politoed's attacks do 60 more damage.

What does the card really say, does it mention the full names like in the second translation?
Seeing the wording/translation I start to tend towards the first translation to be more correct.
More because of this, "done to your opponent's Active Pokemon", otherwise if any of them could do benchdamage it would also increase (and I don't think that's going to happen).

Kingdra is BROKE.

Its attacks are in perfect synergy,1 for 60 and discard waters,then late game hit for 100+.Way better than those cards listed

Man they are making the format into cricless,Technical Machines that let u evolve and devolve like before?/can u say mini rock lock return??Kingdra is the answer to Magmortar.

jirachi isn't as broken as you think. You can simply retreat, switch, warp point, so many things that get you out of that effect.

politoed.jpg

Politoed LV.49 - HP 120
Stage 2 Pokemon - Evolves from Poliwhirl

PokeBody: When you have any Poliwag, Poliwhirl, or Poliwrarth in play, any attack damage done to your opponent's Active Pokemon by them is increased by 60. [Note: This attack has awkward wording, and Vincent is double-checking it.]

[WC] Frog Jump: 40+ damage. Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 40 more damage.

Weakness: Grass +30
Resistance: None

I'm calling it right now...if politoed is made this way then expect a errata so that you have to have all of them on your field.

It could still be a playable deck if they all must be out. The real pokemon to be worried about are the spirits they are actually pretty playable and Kingdra is amazing as well.

It could still be a playable deck if they all must be out. The real pokemon to be worried about are the spirits they are actually pretty playable and Kingdra is amazing as well.

Well you need to have Poliwag, Poliwhirl, Poliwrath and Politoed in play to get the bonus. And that means 4 Pokémon evolved from or named Poliwag. In other words, when one is prized, the combo collapses.

Last edited:
Politoed got nerfed. Thank goodness.

Looks like that all of you need to try and get a Wag, a Whirl and a Wrath in play to get that additional 60 damage. Good luck on pulling that off kiddies. :)

Jirachi on the other hand is counterable but it only done every second turn...

If you have a poliwrath out (no rare candies involved) doesn't i mean you you have all three, poliwrath, poliwag, poliwhirl

Back