Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Rebirth of the "deck" Deck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Claydol prevents your opponents from running out of deck cards as long as they have 8+ cards in their hand.

At least 50% of the good metagame decks play Claydol.

I like this deck since its something non-standard, but keeping this Claydol thing in mind, I don't know how it can work. Any good player can see your strategy very early and will save cards in the deck.

I don't get how you win the gag matchup. Sure, you discard a bunch of cards, but your not actually drawing prizes. And any smart gag player will build up a gardy swarm and gather as many wagers and NM as they can to drop on you late game while PLOX you the entire match. I don't see this deck escaping an early gardy. I also don't like the magmortar matchup. Seems like they would spread way too much for your deck to handle, since your just sitting there with your absols for most of the game. I would also consider a few dres so you can actually fight whie your not down.

my counter against claydol = late game absol.

reduces total amount of cards in hand and deck total, meaning eventually they are going to deck. Ive played like 4 or 5 decks with claydol in it and easily decked them as they drew and used up a bunch of their cards as well as me absoling them.

and vs GG,
ive played many good players, but the thing with wager and NM is that it is easy absol food (as well as early earth fissures). starting with absol is almost guaranteed too, as there are 4 switch cards with mentor and celio that easily net you that absol. One match, they did get an early psychic lock up, but after they kill like one absol, id sacrifice one earthfissure just to start attacking with a rhyperior. And even if they send up a gallade or w/e, they hafta flip 4 prizes to ohko (5 with dre) severely crippling their ability to kill my rhyperiors. and if they choose to sonic blade them away, thats what switchs, warps and scoop ups are for. Eventually, they would need to stop PLOXing, and id just play all my rhyperior then. it isnt as hard as you may think.

vs magmortar
i have to admit, its one of my worse matchups, but its still not terrible. OHKOing my claydol is a pain sometimes, but most magmortar decks also speed through their deck, whether it be delcatty or claydol. They also cant one shot rhyperiors, even with lvl x + burn, except with 7 energies on one. Its a match where hitting my SSU are crazy important. and setting up 2 claydols is too. If they use mortars second attack, its a 2hko on an absol, meaning some things would have 40. Rockwrecker 2hkos them even with the heal and they cant do much at killing me either.

Dialga Lvlx
heh. sounds fun, but i dont think its consistent enough to work well, and i still would rather absol.

Why would they stop the lock? You're no threat without a good draw system (and 3 steven's defiantely isn't a good draw system) and gag swarms alot better then this deck. They would overwhelm you with gardies and you wouldn't deck them. Without dre, you have no way to overpower them.

we dont have TSD XD

this deck is low on space but it pwned our friends deck

against my deck, rhyperior dies to piplup swarm :p

:lol: im so scared.... attack of the killer penguins?? :confused:

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

I have a deck that is unbeatable, even to 100000 rhydons
:tongue:

Last edited:
but thats also saying that the GG deck gets itself setup. what happens when i absol(early rhyperior) away rare candies, gardevoirs, etc?

Why would they stop the lock? You're no threat without a good draw system (and 3 steven's defiantely isn't a good draw system) and gag swarms alot better then this deck. They would overwhelm you with gardies and you wouldn't deck them. Without dre, you have no way to overpower them.

You discard the possibilities of that happening most of the time. You are spamming them with Absol the whole time you're PLOXed, and by then you will have a Switch/Warp and 2 Scrambles to 2hit everything in the deck.

The only time you get really screwed is if they get a t2 attacker, which I find is rare and is usually a bad idea for them anyways.

This deck swarms a lot better than GG, idk what you're talking about. My bench is usually full or close to it.

This deck swarms a lot better than GG, idk what you're talking about. My bench is usually full or close to it.

yeah, this deck swarms way better than GG i find too. 4 rhyperiors is relatively easy to get out with all the quickballs, and claydol, and other stuff. Ive yet to play a deck with dusknoir, although i dont think it should be TOO bad (if they are stupid enought to send rhyperiors to the deck <3) but it might suck if they send my claydol back.

this deck needs a name...

Last edited:
You discard the possibilities of that happening most of the time. You are spamming them with Absol the whole time you're PLOXed, and by then you will have a Switch/Warp and 2 Scrambles to 2hit everything in the deck.

The only time you get really screwed is if they get a t2 attacker, which I find is rare and is usually a bad idea for them anyways.

Are you that lucky? I have rarely seen GG NOT set-up from an absol assualt. If you can constantly do that, then all the more power to you. But its very rare for that to happen. If you're constantly attacking me with absol, I don't see how you're going to win. I easily get up a great swarm of gardies while I'm taking prizes. The last few can be very easily obtained through pushing and bring down. Don't go saying ssu, ect, because you don't have enough draw to be locked that long and hit that many ssus and flip all the heads you need.

Are you that lucky? I have rarely seen GG NOT set-up from an absol assualt. If you can constantly do that, then all the more power to you. But its very rare for that to happen. If you're constantly attacking me with absol, I don't see how you're going to win. I easily get up a great swarm of gardies while I'm taking prizes. The last few can be very easily obtained through pushing and bring down. Don't go saying ssu, ect, because you don't have enough draw to be locked that long and hit that many ssus and flip all the heads you need.

It usually takes GG longer to get set up when they don't have a lot of cards in hand, so that means by the time you do get set up, you're just about half-decked. I have yet to see a game where GG got a Gardy up before I got one Rhyperior under an Absol start. And I still haven't seen a game where they've been able to go through more than 2 Gardys...and most of the time that's after they've gone through NMs too.

And if you're pushing Rhyperiors back, you're letting me 2 hit your Gallade without having to use a Switch.

AND, I want you to take prizes against my Absols. You taking Prizes (around 3) means that my Scrambles usually work for the rest of the game, and you can never OHKO my Rhyperiors.

The supporter choices in this deck are so amazing...the GG player is either forced to lose their hand to Absol, or Telepass and lose quite a few cards from their deck. Most of the time when a Steven's gets Telepassed, they draw 5 or 6 cards, and that's the work of 2 Rhyperiors without having to use an Earth Fissure or an SSU. Holon Mentor = 1 Rhyperior as well, and they have to discard something from their small hand to use it. And this is all presumably under a PLOX.

Remember: this deck wins by decking them out, not by taking prizes.

i think that dialga lv x could be very interesting in here.
after ruining their hand and deck for a few turns you can start using its power for a chance to make them skip their entire turn, making it much harder for them to recover from all the discarding youve done.
and if need be, with multi, you could use dialgas attack to de-evolve their active, so once youve discarded all of their candies it makes it nearly imposible for them to reset up.

i dont know about it for sure though, give it some thought.

It usually takes GG longer to get set up when they don't have a lot of cards in hand, so that means by the time you do get set up, you're just about half-decked. I have yet to see a game where GG got a Gardy up before I got one Rhyperior under an Absol start. And I still haven't seen a game where they've been able to go through more than 2 Gardys...and most of the time that's after they've gone through NMs too.

And if you're pushing Rhyperiors back, you're letting me 2 hit your Gallade without having to use a Switch.

AND, I want you to take prizes against my Absols. You taking Prizes (around 3) means that my Scrambles usually work for the rest of the game, and you can never OHKO my Rhyperiors.

The supporter choices in this deck are so amazing...the GG player is either forced to lose their hand to Absol, or Telepass and lose quite a few cards from their deck. Most of the time when a Steven's gets Telepassed, they draw 5 or 6 cards, and that's the work of 2 Rhyperiors without having to use an Earth Fissure or an SSU. Holon Mentor = 1 Rhyperior as well, and they have to discard something from their small hand to use it. And this is all presumably under a PLOX.

i love you mrdraz07 <3

yeah, supporter choice was another reason why i wanted to cut down on celios. Through my matches, my opponents like, are all you got mentor, roseannes and stevens? then they get flustred and dont even bother telepassing.

Umm, they can just say "hmm, I'll just draw 3 cards". :/ Jeeve, giving them options like that ISN'T a good idea. And another thing, you're beyond depent on absol starts. If you miss it, its basically game and you will be over-ran by pretty much any deck. Most gag builds I play against get gardy out t1-3. Absol can hurt them but its all luck then. Once they start locking you, they will win. You can't discard enough cards out of thier hand to deck them. If they noir away you're claydol, you are limited with no draw at all and, with a wager, means you lose the game. Why would they mentor? I think any player can see what the goal of this deck is, and as long as they can get all thier ralts out and prevent you from decking them, then I think they will use the mentor. You can discard my hand all you want, but when its a 12 hit game, I dont' think it'll matter that much. If they have only half thier deck left, you can only resonably expect to discard 18 cards through all 4 rhyperiors and 2 ssu heads. This is giving your deck pretty much the optimal performance. So what do you do with the other 12 cards? Do you really expect them to not play a NM against an absol when they see a rhyhorn on the bench? Do the math. Again, 12 hit game. I have 12 cards left, even with all the rhyperiors/ssu. A wager gives my deck even more cards. So you have very limited ways to deck them without literally donking them early game into submission. Sorry but theres way too much luck involved in this deck to really be effective constantly enough.

you ferget that there are chances of discarding those wagers and NM as well. discarding either the duskull or the noir is also a chance.

you are right about discarding only 18 cards, but if along with those 18 cards go some gardevoirs, some NM, some Wagers, your tech, etc. then that severly cripples your ability to recover/ kill me in time before you deck.

and about the absol starts.
there are 3 mentor, 3 celio. as well as switchs and warps. an absol start happens like 80-90% of the time.

hm i think maybeh some cycolne nrg can drive back some things that u dun like on the field (ie cess crystal) and maybe some major threats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back