Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What will win Regionals?

People be warned.....

I went 14-0 against mags and GG today in playtesting....

This was not some apprentice BS either... It was live testing...

4 CORNERS has made it way back into the Format...

Can someone please kill this thing...

Can wait till Wisconsin and Indiana regionals...

Jimmy

And that was without the surprise factor.

You should really think about making it a bit more beatable

what will win regionals?? I think a good to better than average player will win regionals.thats WHAT will win regionals.Lolz

Pizza. Pizza will win Regionals!!!!!

How could ANYTHING beat Pizza????

Oh, and G&G, Mags, and at least two other decks will have nice showings too for those who value playing more than eating. :)

Probably a G&G varient (Pachi, Claydol, and a variety of Gardevoirs). I think so because of the versitlity of those decks, particularly with Claydol.

A a good Darkrai/Weavile deck could win, but I'm not counting on it...

I think the Dark Twins offered a pretty good evaluation of the format. It is far too easy for GAG to tech against magmortar, which beats bannette, which beats GAG. Magmortar just runs into too many GAGs to beat them all. If you're looking to win, the play is rogue (a good rogue). Just playing one of the many cookie cutter GAGs (yeah, yeah, I know, you didn't netdeck, blah blah blah, I've heard it all before,) means that you'll win if you're the luckiest, but to actually stand a good chance without relying on luck 2-4 mirror matches, you need a rogue deck. Mirror matches come down to luck, techs, and skillz, in that order. Yes, GAG will win several regionals, because when half the players use the same deck, someone will get lucky and win out. Don't be surprised if something similar to THE ANSWER wins a regional or two.

Ya Drew did give a pretty good reply.

I play in seniors, so where he has about 50-55% G&Gs being played I expect to see even more in seniors. At both states I went to I saw about 65% G&Gs a couple rouges and 2-3 Magmortars. Maybe a couple more Mags will see play but not many. Everyone knows about G&G with Dusknoir so they will want to paly it but end up not with the fear that they will get destroyed by that stupid Dusknoir.

>.> A good magmortar has the advantage over a good gardevior even with noir tech. Magmortar is the bdif, gag is the most popular and easiest to play.

In my city (Antofagasta, Chile), last saturday (03/29/08) we have the regional championship and the winner podium has:

1 Place: A straight Blissey Deck (With cessation crystal and fishing engine (without claydol)).
2 Place: A Hurricane deck.
3 Place: A Walrein, Gyarados, Claydol, Absol deck (My deck, I has beaten by blissey and win a magmortar for the 3 place).
4 Place: A magmortar deck.

Not bad for the 1 place because in the tournament has 3 players with G&G.

I lost only in the semifinals and I confront two times a magmortar deck and win.

I know im probabily wrong on this but with 2 dominants in the field and nothing to stop its rush don't u all fell there will be a drop in regionals attendance??

If Magmortar and G&G rule the pokemon play right now whats the point of anyone going for a chance unless they
A)Play Magmortar or Gardy
B)fell they can find a defense deck

I know ill be going to my regionals in mass. Some regionals will find more then others but i fell with the 2 dominant forces till next set the regionals wont be as big as last year.

>.> A good magmortar has the advantage over a good gardevior even with noir tech. Magmortar is the bdif, gag is the most popular and easiest to play.

Um, no not a good list a good player. But I still think it isnt an advatange as you think.

I know im probabily wrong on this but with 2 dominants in the field and nothing to stop its rush don't u all fell there will be a drop in regionals attendance??

If Magmortar and G&G rule the pokemon play right now whats the point of anyone going for a chance unless they

I know ill be going to my regionals in mass. Some regionals will find more then others but i fell with the 2 dominant forces till next set the regionals wont be as big as last year.

Maybe, but if your playing to have fun, which most players are, you will go regardless.

JMO,
Drew

i think there will be a drop in regionals attendance but for a different reason. theyre all on the same day. btw the word is feel, not fell. just helping a brotha out :cool:

Last edited:
GG will win the majority of Regionals again.
Reason: Too many players will be playing it. Player who is a B+ skill, can win an event with this A+ deck, and the "right" tech for the day's matches. If you have 12 players who play it, with majority being B+ or better in skill, they won't lose to random decks that aren't built to beat GG. Right Tech?
Dusknoir in top cut, guess what, everyone knows you play it there, no advantage.
Blastois, Not bad, but have to get it up.
Other stuff, techs for likely local match ups.

Banette decks can beat it, but those will lose to random stuff, and they know it. For every player that thought they were a Genius to play Bannette in states, there were several others who ended up 500 for the day. Who was smarter, who was luckier?

Magmotar is a solid card, and best attacker in format. Good Magmotar player can take on a GG every day, but then again, a good player who chooses a solid format deck will often do well anyways.

Back