Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon XD 2: The Rise of Darkrai PART 1

Chapter 4

As for right now, things looked okay, the rooms that everybody was moving into did seem like a luxury hotel. However, this did not fool anyone. They were still prisoners of a… REALITY SHOW.
The yellow team seemed very friendly towards each other, the red team could beg to differ. Veilend did not seem very happy about having to stay with another person whose tribe he hated. Most of the time after he was trapped inside Scarlet Hall (the hall connecting all of the Red Team’s rooms) was spent deducing how Dragon Girl, or did she say her name was Jessica, was a bad partner.
And she always talks about herself at no end! She pays no attention what-so-ever to me. I wish I could get rid of her, but patience is required.

The other Red Team members didn’t really like each other, but on the other hand, didn’t have a huge rivalry between their two tribes too much. In fact, the only tribes in this team who had a feud were Veilend and Jessica.

Moving on to the Blue team, there were feuds everywhere. Although Blake and Angela didn’t have a problem, but the others did. Bug and Dark bickered the rest of the day about who was more powerful, while Poison and Ground refused to talk to one another. Sounds like fun times.

At the Yellow Team base, things were shaping up nicely. There weren’t any arguments, and most were just lying on their beds waiting for something to happen. The only exception was Ticaby. She was sitting straight up with her Gengar trying to think up ways to scare the sleeping Rupert. At that time, the door opened, and Kristen appeared. She seemed a bit happier. Ticaby motioned to her to stay quiet. Then, her Gengar sprang into action, levitating his gassy body over Rupert, who was still sleeping. Gengar then turned invisible. Right after this, Ticaby woke Rupert up, who slowly sat up. He then started to shiver.

“Did someone turn up the climate control, ‘cause it feels mighty cool…” whispered Rupert, which jumped back at the sight of Gengar materializing in front of his face.

“GAH! Not a nice trick, Ticky!” Rupert was breathing heavy for a minute, then when he slowed down Ticaby and Kristen laughed their hearts out. Another minute passed until they stopped laughing, and it decreased into a small giggle. After another minute of calming down (three minutes?!) Kristen began to speak.

“We, Lucian and I, were thinkin’ about inviting you two, Brass, and Blazer over for dinner. I don’t feel comfortable sitting by Lucian alone. He’s a bit of a bore, if you know what I mean. Heck, he doesn’t seem to have a bit of a personality.”

Ticaby looked excited and looked like she was about to speak, but Lucian spoke up before her. “That seems like a good idea. Who here is a good cook, though?”
Kristen did seem a bit troubled by that, but it didn’t seem to really worry her too much. “I dunno, but Lucian should be cooking. At least I hope.”

“Sounds promising, Kristen, now get Mr. Talkative to get off his lazy *** and get this dinner started?” Ticaby could not wait another second. She dashed off out of the room and started pounding on
Kristen’s room.

“C’mon Rupert, seems your partner’s hungry. You go ahead, I’ll go and inform the other two boys, fire guy and… Brass…” Kristen dazed off for a moment, then ran to the far right door.
Rupert chuckled to himself, “What a troop. Lets hope they can fight as well as they can eat.”

As it turns out, Lucian makes a pretty good carrot soup, or at least for what they had in the refridgerator. All they had that would taste good in a soup (who would put chicken wings in a soup?) was a few carrots, chicken broth, and maybe a few spices here and there. Ticaby and Lucian were so full they didn’t do much other than sit there while the others were still eating. Blaze was over feeding the pokemon some pokefood and whoever wanted the broth some of the carrot soup. Kristen was flirting with Brass, and Rupert was just staring at the pokemon eating while sipping his soup delicately.

However, just as Lucian picks up another spoonful of the soup, the computer whistles a tune that sounds like a news jingle. Everybody, and I mean everybody in every team moved towards their computer and read the sentences displayed on the screen: “Fire/Steel of the Red Team VS Dark/Bug of the Blue team.” The sentence was accompanied with directions for the combatants and the spectators, or the other people who were not fighting. Rupert looked towards the two participants of the fight. He nodded, then went over to the door and opened it. The wall that closed them off was now open, with one of the C-Men standing in the middle.

Blaze and Brass nodded, both looked somewhat sad, then called over their pokemon. Blaze had a Magmortar (a fearsome sight) and Brass jumped on his Metagross (an even more fearsome sight, though it sparked more awe than dread). They all walked out of the door, big enough to fit the pokemon. The four of them walked straight towards the C-Man, while another four from the opposite side of the room emerged from one door, and walked to the C-Man. The C-Man then walked straight through the hall they took to come here, and other C-Men rushed through the passage. They ran to the doors, opened them, and told the others to come out. Kristen looked devastated to see Brass go. Rupert, Ticaby, and Lucian followed the C-Man who ordered them to come out and follow.

“Welcome one and all, to the first episode of Bitter Rivalries! I am your host, the mysterious C. Now that everyone knows the setup of the show due to what my assistant said earlier in the show, I think you deserve some action, right?”

At that time, a sign facing the audience of 16 lit up. It said, “Applause”. So everyone applauded until the sign turned off. Veilend was the only one who sat still, and said to Lucian, “What a way for an old guy to get some kicks. Torture us to like this sick reality show.” Lucian nodded.

“Ok, for our first battle, we have The Fire and Steel team!” Applause again. “And in this corner, we have the Bug and Dark team.” More applause, but every time the sign lit up, the clapping got less and less enthusiastic. The old man glared at the audience, giving a look that scared a nice amount of them.

“Cut that glare out of the final show, alright editors?” He then continued his spiel. “To remind you of what’s happening, this is a battle until all four of one team faint. Now lets get a look of the field” Then the camera stopped rolling, and the real side of the old man kicked in. “WHY THE HECK DID YOU GUYS STOP CLAPPING! I promise if you guys don’t clap well every time… ugh. Fine, I’ll get canned clapping. So much easier than ripping each of you from the inside out, right? Alright, now everybody look towards the field.”

The field was a regular pokemon battle field, albeit a lot bigger. “Now, watch what happens when I throw something inside the ring.” He then threw a pebble towards the ring. When the pebble hit the boundary of the playing field, the pebble triggered an electric shock, and fell down to the ground crispy and burnt. Everyone gasped. “And that is why nobody’s leaving. Especially you, audience. Now, C-Men, fetch me my sound-effect-maker.”

The pokemon and people inside the ring looked a bit scared. Then, what looked like to be the referee approached the Fire/Steel team. “Ok, there aren’t any dirty tricks like tampering with the field, or anything of the sort. However, fight-wise, anything goes, but any attacks to a pokemon or person after fainting is disallowed. Ok, get ready for a good fight!” The zebra then walked over to the other team and explained the rules.

“We’re back with Bitter Rivalries! Hope everyone likes a good battle, ‘cause that’s what’s coming up!” The sound-affect machine let out a good wave of clapping. “Alright ref, take it away!” The camera centered in on the ref, who said his line with a dramatic flair.

“Now… lets… START!” Now a few “WOO!”s and clapping came from the sound-effect-maker.

Blaze looked at Brass, who was flexing his muscles. A friendly smile came on both of their faces, but quickly followed by a moment of dread. Not much else could be done before the match started.
The dark guy had an Houndoom, and the bug boy had a Ninjask. Blaze demonstrated his power to light himself on fire, and it was quite the spectacle. His body shown bright with the intensity of a star. It blinded many who didn’t have the sense to close their eyes (Veilend, by knowing the Fire Tribe well, knew this) and the Ninjask was stunned. Brass also closed his eyes, knowing the plan of his partner in advance.

“Metagross, use meteor mash on Ninjask!”

“Magmortar, flamethrower on Ninjask!” It looked like Ninjask was in deep trouble. Ninjask was blinded for a minute, but he speeded skyward and dodged both attacks.

“I see your pokemon’s clever. Can he dodge this?” Blaze then jumped in the air with his hands ablaze, and smashed Ninjask before he could tell what happened. Ninjask slammed into the electric wall behind
him, got zapped, then fell straight to the ground. Ninjask was still for a few seconds. “Ha! Looks like you pokemon is down for the count-“ But Blaze spoke too soon, as Ninjask got up from the dent in the ground and flew up once again. While the fire type was off-guard, the Dark type person let out a pulse of darkness. Blaze fell back, and the attacker stood up straight.

“I see you’re not as clever as you look. I am Wardos. Prepare to meet your doom- ACK!”

Taking the same trick from Wardos, while his guard was down, Brass used a meteor mash on him and sent him flying up in the air. Blaze jumped up and got ready to smash him downwards, then the little bugger sent a silver wind his way and knocked Blaze out of the range needed to hit Wardos. “Nice to meet you, I use a codename for my real one, call me Dinja.”

A fight broke out between the pokemon, Magmortar shooting flamethrowers towards Ninjask, and Metagross ineffectively meteor mashing Houndoom, who melted Metagross. The referee noticed this and called out “Metagross down!”

In the sky, Dinja and Blaze were duking it out, both unable to score a hit on each other. Brass and Wardos both got hits on the other, but no real damage had been dished out yet. Houndoom then sent a flamethrower towards Brass. In a spark of brilliancy, he recepted the flamethrower without a fuss. His metal body started melting, but it gave him an advantage. He charged into Wardos, and connected. The hot metal scorched Wardos, and he cried out in pain. The burn marks on Wardos were serious, and he fell down to the ground unconscious. “Dark, down!” Yelled the referee. The remainder of the yellow team started to cheer on their comrades.

At almost the same moment, a flamethrower connected with Ninjask who fell straight to the ground, KOed. “Ninjask, down!” More cheers.

Brass, who at the time was cooling down, had his body back in place. “Sorta hard to live when your *******’ BODY is falling apart.” He then went up to challenge the Houndoom who melted Brass so effectively. “Now for something truly fearsome, bullet punch!” Brass zoomed around the room as fast as a speeding hover car. One, two, three punches connected with the Houndoom. Houndoom staggered back. Brass looked at the Houndoom, who looked like he was down for the count. However, there was one more trick up his sleeve: swagger.

Houndoom increased Brass’ power a nice amount, but confused him. He wouldn’t be able to tell the enemy from himself! With that, the Houndoom fell down, and that was that. “Houndoom, down!”
With a three versus one, the match should have been easy. However, Brass started trying to bullet punch Blaze. The cheering from the yellow team part of the audience stopped, and everybody watched with dread in their eyes as they remembered that they had all been kidnapped, and now were attacking each other, just for the entertainment of an old man and whoever was sick enough to watch the show.

Brass had to be stopped. Magmortar and Blaze took him out of his misery of attacking his partner, by launching a simultaneous flamethrower. That knocked Brass out of his senses, and he was on the ground unconscious in a second. “Steel down!” roared the referee.

Around the three fighters were five bodies of unconscious people and their pokemon. The sight made Blaze feel sick about fighting these people, but he steeled his senses and started to speak. “So, it’s just me, my pokemon, and you, Dinja. Lets end this.” Magmortar charged with a flame punch ready to knock the bugger back into his hive. Dinja was hit hard in the stomach, but Dinja also appeared way up in the air, floating! In fact, there was a hundred of the same person!

Double Team. Darn it, it was hard for Blaze to recognize anything that wasn’t Dinja right now. Then, all of them started punching Blaze and Magmortar, and they were stunned beyond belief. When the barrage ended, Dinja stood in front of both of them, taunting.

“So, ready to give up, blazer boy? I could go on all day.”

Blaze and Magmortar were both breathing heavily, and had bruises all over. “Not yet. I can still beat you…” Magmortar, who was behind Dinja, charged with a flame punch from the behind. Dinja just jumped over Magmortar’s head in the nick of time, and then shook his head.

“More attacks. Too bad, you will lose anyway, just the harder way for you.” Dinja separated into many copies, then sent them towards Blaze. Blaze was unfazed. He charged through the fakes, and jumped on Magmortar’s back. Magmortar sent him high, then Blaze charged up a flame wheel. Only the sound of buzzing bugs and the crackling of flame echoed throughout the arena. Then, Blaze charged downwards towards Dinja at such a speed that it was almost unseeable.

Then, smoke flew straight around the action, the last frame was of Blaze an inch above Dinja’s face. When the smoke cleared… Dinja was on the ground KOed, and Blaze was standing, looking down at his victim.

“Team Steel and Fire is the winner!” The audience stared at the carnage, not quite sure of what to say. Some were happy for the Yellow Team win, some were outraged at the Blue Team loss, and all were unhappy about the pain that was felt within the match.

Blaze, however, looked happy for the moment. He whispered to the still body of Dinja, “I said I would getcha.”

Last edited:
Very interesting. However, you need to proofread this a lot more. Is the Pure Tribee's name Rupert or Rupest?

Very interesting. However, you need to proofread this a lot more. Is the Pure Tribee's name Rupert or Rupest?

Actually, I had the small problem with calling Rupest (who's nickname is Rupert) Lucian, and had to go throught the whole story changing that. Not sure why I did it either!

Chapter 5​

Not much was happening after the match. The Red Team was very worried about what would happen to their own partnerships after the matches. All the people and pokemon within the last match looked wasted, and Blaze was the only one who stayed conscious after the match, though he and the others were immediately taken to the medics, whoever they were.

Lucian, Kristen, Ticaby, and Rupert were all sitting down on a couch watching TV and waiting for the two injured winners to come back. It didn’t take long. After twenty minutes of flipping through boring reruns, the sound of the hall opening made Kristen and Ticaby spring from their seats. They rushed out the door to see Blaze and Brass walking towards their room’s door, scratched and bruised here and there, but all-together much better than they looked on the ground in the arena. Kristen and Ticaby sang praises about the battle.

“So, how badly were you hurt after the battle?” Asked Kristen.

Ticaby screamed, “Yeah! Yeah! Did it hurt?”

Blaze and Brass were very tuckered out, but they managed to smile. Brass blushed a bit, and lightly punched Kristen in the arm. “It hurt all right, but it wasn’t enough to take me out for good! I’m a fighter.”

Blaze was unimpressed with his partner’s response. “Um, to my information you can’t be killed. And no joking about the pain, it was immense.” Blaze seemed out of character. He sat down on the ground, cracked a smile, and crashed down to the ground. Brass started laughing.

“Hah! Guess the battle really takes a lot out of you. Now, Blaze is right, it did hurt a lot, especially where the fire scorched me. I now have a slightly misshapen stomach, though it should be ok. The medics here apparently aren’t going to let you die too soon.” Brass then stretched out his arms. “Ok, Ticaby, can you carry Blaze to a bed? We can’t just let him sit here.” Ticaby nodded, and Blaze was lifted up into the air by Ticaby, and she motioned for the others to follow.

Brass, Ticaby, and Kristen made their way into the room to see everybody still watching TV. Rupert looked towards the returning warriors, and smiled. “Hey, Lucian, they’re here!” Lucian turned towards Brass. He got up and shook his hand.

“Hey Brass, looks like your bud is conked out. And I thought he would NEVER stop moving, that one.” Lucian said sarcastically. Ticaby ran over to her bed, and placed Blaze on it.

“So,” stated Lucian, “I guess we should be getting to sleep.” He pointed towards the clock, which read 9:00 PM. Everyone who was awake nodded, since they were all tired, and said their goodbyes. Brass, Kristen, Lucian, and Blaze (who had to be carried out and placed on his own bed) walked out the door, and to their rooms where they would sleep.

The old man slowly paced around his bedroom. “The plan is going quite nicely,” thought the old man, “but it has just started. I hope I can pull this off. Then again, why couldn’t I-” then, he fell to the ground, sleeping.

All around the old man, was the color deep purple mixed with black, swirling around the room in a confusing haze. He got up from where he was laying, and then audibly said, “Hello, master. I have been waiting for you.” Then, a sight so horrible appeared that the strongest willed man would even cringe at its head. A black billowy cape flowed majestically at the bottom. Then, the neck had a red necklace that could have contained the souls of the newly dead, it was so spooky. And the head had two deep red eyes, which pierced like spears through the hearts of mankind. Then, the creature started to speak.

“Good job, Greevil, you have completed the first phase of the plan, and the second is already underway, I see. I am glad that I have chosen you to be the ringleader of the plan. Then again, who else would I choose? The first person to receive the power to control the dark from me, and the head of Cipher.

The man named Greevil nodded his head. “Yes, and there is no way that you cannot be brought back from the underworld and wreck mankind from the inside out. The dark tribe will rule all… Darkrai.”

The next day, over at the Blue Team, nothing was happening, except when the one who called himself Dinja and Wardos came back yesterday with his head half-wrapped in a bandage. Dinja stirred up a bit of trouble here and there, though he was very friendly to Blake and Angela. Wardos was the main trouble-maker, coupled with the ground person called Connor. Wardos and Connor would play practical jokes on the other teammates and would team up and make Blake cry. Angela, Dinja, and the poison elemental named Leah would help cheer Blake up again.

Blake was a very emotional kid, who would be happy one moment, but sad the next. Angela tried her best to keep him happy all the time, but fortunately Blake would pull his own weight once in a while. This was good, as Angela could visit the others while Blake was fixing himself a sandwich.

Wardos and Connor would plan what to do next in their free time, and their Houndoom and Dugtrio would sometimes play upstairs in the pokemon training grounds. However, Wardos and Connor were not going to pretend that staying captive was the way to go. They would plan something that might just set them free.

Veilend was stuck with a team of four girls and a boy. That’s right, the boys were outnumbered. It was living **** for Veilend, as he never really got along with the other gender well, but for Surge the electric elemental, he was a ladies man. The girls would run from Surge to Veilend, back and forth and back and forth. Veilend tried as hard as could to ignore them, though it was tough, since they were always asking questions. He would always send them back to Surge, saying that he’d like to be solitary. The only he really liked at least an ounce was Jessica, his partner.

Jessica, when she learned she was bragging too much, stopped immediately. She was a bit different than all the other girls, since she wasn’t quite as girly. She had wavy brunette hair, made into two braids. She had a sleek figure, since most people who trained in the Dragon arts were very strong.

Most of the time, Veilend was honing his chilly skills with his pokemon Abombasnow. When the girls went inside the room to check up on Veilend, they would step right back out because of the freezing temperatures. “That’s one of the upsides for being in control of cold temperatures…” thought Veilend.

Near the middle of the day, each partnership was pulled one by one to do a video profile for the show.

Unfortunately, if you tried to stuff cries of help into it, you were punched by the C-Men until you were sore, and you were made to redo the whole thing. Pretending to be somewhat happy when you’re actually a prisoner of a crazy mad-man is a very hard task indeed. The more classy profiles were Lucian (who knew better than to disobey orders), Blake (cute factor off the scale), and Surge, who came off very classy and sharp. Dinja’s real name was revealed to Wardos, who chuckled off-screen as he continued his profile. Eventually, Dinja stepped out of the camera’s range and punched Wardos until he would shut up.

Rupert was a whole another story altogether. In order to cover up for Rupert’s lost arm, he had to lie about losing that arm’s connection to the nervous system by accident. Rupert was very inflamed about this decision from the old man, but he threatened Rupert by saying, “You don’t want the other arm accidentally cut off from your body too, Rupest, eh?” That made him get quiet, and he had to comply with his orders.

At night, Wardos and Connor slipped out of their rooms without a sound. Connor nodded and started to do the plan that they made that afternoon. Connor had his Dugtrio make tunnel under the wall so they could get out. Wardos and Connor had no trouble going through that part of the plan, but Dugtrio made the tunnel a bit small.

When they got out of the tunnel, Wardos created a shroud of shadows over them so it would be very hard to be seen. “The plan is running smoothly,” thought Wardos, “too smoothly.” Indeed, he was correct. The guards were looking the other way completely when they creeped by, and even when Connor tripped over a guard’s boot (“It was an accident!” harshly whispered Connor) they didn’t seem to notice.

The task of finding the door was very hard, but after maybe an hour of looking, they found it, and the two sneaks shook each other’s hand in joy. However, right when Wardos was about to clasp his hand on the handle, another hand clasped on his shoulder. A voice rasped out, “You thought it was going to be this easy to sneak out? Try again.” Then, the old man revealed himself to be connected to the hands that was holding them together. “I, Greevil, have a mission for you to do.” Then, he dragged them down a hall to the left of the door.

When they made it to what seemed to be a bedroom, Greevil chuckled. “The door was locked anyway. Now, to business. Someone wants to see you,” which was as far as he got, since all three fell to the floor sleeping.

All three of them were in the dark purple and black void, and the two newcomers were very confused. Then, a voice rang out.

“I see you brought them, Greevil.” Then, the pokemon known as Darkrai appeared in front of the trio. Wardos gasped.

“Yes, master, I did.” Greevil answered. Wardos was looking at the dark pokemon in a ecstasy trance.

“Wow! I didn’t think that you really were real. They said you gave the first Dark Elemental power but-“

“SILENCE!” Yelled Darkrai. “If you do not believe I live, then you are not truly a Dark Tribe member. I am your god, as you may remember. As the old legend states, The one who feeds off the shadows of people’s hearts was the origin for the dark’s people’s powers.

Greevil was chuckling to himself, but he responded for Wardos. “Do not worry, my master, he is one of the more insolent of my tribe. Now, give the two their mission.”

Connor was the most confused. “Why am I here?” he asked.

Darkrai smiled a menacing smile, then explained. “You decided to come yourself, when you tried to escape. Now, I’m sure both of you want to be alive when the Dark Tribe conquers all, right? Well, swear your allegiance to me right now, and you will live.”

“Wait… you’re saying this whole show is a plot to get the Dark on top?” asked Wardos. “I wouldn’t mind being the best tribe ever-“

“No, not just the best tribe, the only tribe. So will you swear your loyalty to me, and to not divulge any secrets of this plan to anyone else? And you, Ground Tribe member, you are lucky to be spared. It is the right choice to swear loyalty.”

Last edited:
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

If you would please stop spamming and post criticism or something good to the topic at hand! I will have to ask you to stop posting if you can't stop spamming. Please, for your own sake, stop.

Chapter 6​

As the new day arrived, slowly the captives woke up. The first one to wake up was Rupest. He laid in his bed for awhile, reflecting on what happened for the past few days imprisoned. He saw how hurt Brass and Blaze were, and both of them were tuckered out after the huge fight. Rupert even found himself a bit scared for what the next matchup could be, since he could even be in the next fight without an arm. “A scary prospect,” thought Rupert.

Rupert tried to stop thinking about that. That was something he tucked away to the back of his head, and started to think about the good things. There weren’t many. “Well, at least I have a bed, and am not behind bars. Heck, we can even cook our own food!” Rupert felt a bit better now, and got out of bed. He looked at the time. 6:53 AM.
“’Twould be a good time to fix breakfast for the Yellow Team.” Lucian grabbed the eggs and cheese out of the refrigerator and started fixing an omelet.

Veilend’s Abombasnow woke up next. She scratched her ear cutely, then poked a icy finger to the sleeping Dragonite’s body. He jumped a few feet in the air, then floated down slowly into the modified-training-floor ground.
Dragonite made sure that the Yeti of a pokemon knew he didn’t like that. Dragonite then slowly started snoring again.

“That guy’s no fun…” thought Abombasnow, and traveled down the elevator to where his master and a girl were sleeping. Abombasnow was a bit perplexed at the idea of his master being stuck with such a stuck-up girl. He then traveled out of the room, and into the next one over. The door was labled “Electric/Flying”. Abombasnow made a small nod, then walked a lightly as a three-hundred pound hunk of snow could make. Fortunate for him master and that girl are both very heavy sleepers, though not quite the case for these two.

“Ah! I see you’ve come to see us. Whoopee for me!” Surge woke up with a jolt, just like everything else he does. The girl to the side tossed and turned a bit, before looking up and seeing the scene.

Imagine a huge tree/snow like Yeti, dumping about a liter of water on the spot he steps on every step he takes, and a fifteen year old boy in his pajamas smirking at the pokemon. Not quite what you see every day where Aralyn, the Bird type, dwelled. Even through the absurd sight, she smiled too.

“I see you’re an early one to rise, Abomby! Whatcha come in for, a scratch from good ole’ Lyn?” She rose up from her bed and stumbled a bit from lying still for about ten hours. Eventually she got to the pokemon and scratched her behind the ears.

Abombasnow liked it. She got a bit too into it, shaking up and down, and blew Lyn away by accident. She smiled. She didn’t really care too much about it. Surge helped her up, and then started hugging the Abombasnow.

Eventually, Kristen woke up. She mumbled something random to herself, then got out of bed. She then walked to Rupert’s and Ticaby’s room, smelling food. “I wouldn’t mind eating a horse today,” muttered Kristen.

She walked inside and saw Lucian cooking an almost done omelet. Rupert noted her presence, but didn’t speak until he was done stirring the concoction of eggs, cheese, and ham. “Hey Kristen, how are ya’ doin’?”

“Not bad.” She replied. “I see you’re done with some making some grub. Can we dig in?” She started walking rapidly towards the skillet, and reached out and touched it. “Ack!” Kristen accidentally exclaimed, making Ticaby rustle in her sleep.

“Not quite the smart one, eh?” chuckled Rupert. He saw Kristen jam her burnt finger into her pocket, and blushed. “If you really want food, see if you can get the others out of bed,” said Rupert. Kristen nodded enthusiastically, and quickly ran out of the room to wake the others. “With a team like this, I’ll never be bored!”

With every one awake in the yellow team, thanks to Kristen, the omelet breakfast could now be enjoyed. Rupert was showing his worth with cooking, even with only one arm working. The omelet was a delicacy, and many people and pokemon gathered around for seconds. This was one of the merrier times, and many were thankful that there were good times to look upon even when all was bleak.

Wardos and Connor had a late night, and were sleeping well into the day. Angela took notice on how they weren’t pulling pranks, and all of the Blue Team was happy about this. Dinja most of all.

“Hah! This is most definitely awesome.” Dinja joyfully chattered, and Blake rubbed up against him.

“Yesh, dis is mos deffynitey aweswum!” Blake babbled in his slurred speak. He seemed to be getting better at speaking every day.

Angela laughed. “Yeah, it is. I’m so glad that I don’t have to worry about a bucket of ice water spilling on my head every time I open a darn door!”

The contented feeling didn’t last long. The computer’s jingle rang out, and the poison type with another nickname, Sludge, called out from inside the room. “Guess who was just put on the chopping block?”

Angela, Blake, and Dinja walked over to the computer screen. They didn’t like what they saw.

The C-Men tossed the four kids into the fighting ring. All the competitors looked scared, and did not want to fight. Lucian looked down at his toes. “God, why do I have to fight and get my pretty face dirty? Maybe I could keep my opponents on the other side of the field.” Lucian took a look at Kristen, and watched her get ready for the fight.

Kristen was flexing her muscles, and was still thinking about the upcoming fight. The fighters had no real advantages or disadvantages compared to the other team, except for experience. “The age difference could be a big factor,” she thought, “but I wouldn’t let ourselves get cocky about it.” She sent out her Hitmonlee to intimidate.

On the other side of the field was the other team, Angela and Blake. Blake hid behind his partner half crying and half throwing a tantrum about how scary their opponents looked. Angela tried to calm him down, unsuccessfully.
“But dey’re SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO big and scawy! Dey beat us up in one seccon’! I DON’ WANNA GET HURT!”
“But Blake, you’ve got me! I’ll protect you, no matter what! I will not let them hurt you.” Angela was not only assuring Blake, but herself as well. The sight of the other team was daunting.

Greevil approached the bleachers, and stared at the other adolescents. The glare practically screamed, “Defy me and face the consequences.”

The Veilend looked out to the person who talked to him back in the small concrete room. Lucian was moving his hands in different directions, and making complex symbols. The fluid movement of his arms almost made the figures seem real, hanging in space while he drew new lines. Then Veilend sat back, and took a small rest.

Wardos and Connor sat next to each other, right next to the reserved seat for Greevil. They looked straight forward, as in a daze. Connor was calculating another plan, and Wardos was just staring at the competitors warm up. Just then, Greevil stood up, and announced the beginning of the battle in his grand voice, and turned on the sound-making machine again for clapping.

Then, out of the referee’s box that was located to the left of the arena, came out a different referee than the first match. He walked out to the middle of the fighting ring, and started to explain the rules. “No dirty tricks, no kicking a competitor when they are already called out to be out of the match, other than that, it’s a rule free fight. Are you ready, Psychic and Fighting team?”

Almost calm to a point of hysterics, Lucian nodded solemnly. “Yes, in fact.”

“Ready, Water and Grass team?”

Blake was shaking to his knees, and Angela did not look too much better. However, “Yes, we are ready.”

“Then, fight!”

Kristen and Hitmonlee jumped forward at an incredible speed, almost quicker than what you could see, and flew straight towards Blake.

At that precise moment, Connor got an idea.

END OF PART ONE​

criticism =/= a question.

Thanks you. Cheese, although you're in 5th grade going into 6th (at least, that's what I remember) I think you can act a little more grown up...

Although then again, I need to stop attacking you. Sorry about all the trouble I've caused, but still...

I'm back, and the next chapter will be up next Saturday!

Back