Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Plox, maybe for UK Nats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigglypuff666

With Nats soon, I thought I'd get some last minute help for the deck that I am probably going to use.

Pokémon (24)

3 Pachirisu (GE)
4 Ralts (DF Psychic)
2 Kirlia (SW)
3 Gardevoir (SW)
1 Gardevoir Lv.X (SW)
2 Gallade (SW)
2 Baltoy (GE)
2 Claydol (GE)
1 Latias (HP)
1 Latios (HP)
1 Tauros (CG)
1 Dusknoir (DP)
1 Duskull (DP)

Trainers (22)

4 TGW
2 Roseanee's Research
4 Celio's Network
1 Steven's Advice
4 Rare Candy
2 Night Maintenance
2 Phoebe's Stadium
2 Strength Charm
1 Bebe's Search

Energy (14)

6 Psychic
2 fighting
4 DRE
2 Scramble

Strategy:
Standard Plox strategy really. Claydol is drawing power, Gardy Psychic Locks everything, Gallade back up attacker, etc. Lati-Lock is to counter the parts of the metagame that I'm most fearful of, Eeveelutions (Glaceon based ones mainly) and Fossils, plus Garchomp if it's likely to be played. However, I'm a bit worried about mirror. For that, I'm not sure if I should play Blastoise d (CG) and Lake Boundary as well in the deck or not, or if I should go with anything to help mirror.
All help appriciated!

Edit: Dusknoir added, just a great tech all round.

Last edited:
Hmmm all search for the nice guy. Personally I can only say, that you've hjust got to switch 1 gardevoir out for a gallade. This way you'll have your punch the fastest.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Jason - I'll probably go with 1 Tauros. I have counter Stadiums, but it can't hurt to have a Stadium killer.
Killax - This is Plox. It needs 3 Gardy and only needs 2 Gallade.
Thanks for the help so far!

Sweet, I like the list. I'd go with call energy and a holon's castform tech. Stantler's not so good. See you at Nationals!

Solid list. which age group is it for?

I dont know how useful the lats will be, i would have considered them when Mortar/Gyrados were factors, but i just don't expect that much to show up in the masters.

MU - Thanks. I'm not a fan of Call energy, but Holon's Castform sounds like a rather interesting idea. It's another bad start, but it might be quite good. Should I take Stantler out for it? And hope to see you at Nats!
amphyrules - Thanks again. The list is for Masters. I feel as though there will be a lot of Eeveelutions (Glaceon Lv.X ones mainly) and Fossils in Masters, so I want a good counter for their annoying Poké-Bodies. There may be better techs, but I don't really know what's going to turn up, so I'm going with what I think will counter the biggest threat.
Thanks for all of the help so far!

charchar - I prefer Celio's. I know Bebe's can put cards back into the deck so Claydol will be able to draw more cards, but I still think Celio's is better for this deck. Also, 5 searching cards just gives that little more flexibility, which is something I like. Plus Powers would be a good idea, but if someone plays a Castaway, then I can end up Telepassing it if I need to get a Strength Charm, whereas with Plus Power, I can only every solely rely on luck to draw them when I need it. Unfortunately, my luck isn't very good, so I'm keeping with Strength Charm, and hoping some people will end up using Castaway.
Jason - Tempting, very tempting, but no.

Ardoptres - I do want to replace the Stantler for something (preferably Phione, but maybe Chatot if not), but I have neither of the cards I want to replace it with. If I can get either of them, Stantler will immediately be replaced, but until then, it stays unless someone can think of anything else that can be used instead, but even then, it depends upon what I have.

-1 Pachi
-1 Stantler
+1 Duskull
+1 Dusknoir

I know it's been done, but it's just way too useful to not have in the deck. Simply put, Dusknoir affects matches without it even hitting the bench. It's also essential in defeating Empoleon and Magmortar decks, or anythng else that needs a full bench to operate effectively.

yeah you dont need lati-lock. the only TOO disadvantageous pokebody right now is darkrai's, which isnt in alot of use right now, and is smashed by gallade.

Darkwalker - I'm not sure about getting rid of a Pachi, but it is definately a great idea. What else could be taken out to add Dusknor in? I'll take out a Psychic at the moment, but any help there is appriciated.
yoyofsho16 - Darkrai wouldn't get shut off because it would be a basic, but there are other annoying Poké-Bodies in the form of Kabutops, evolved Aerodactyls, Glaceon Lv.X, Espeon and Umbreon, plus can shut off any Magmortar and Gyarados that may be played.
Thanks for the help so far, Nats are tomorrow, so keep the help coming!

^Latilock also shuts off Ampharos, Blastoise, Bronzong, Dugtrio, Electivire LvX, Garchomp, Magnezone, Pidgeot, Sceptile. While some of those probably won't see play, it's good even if just one from that list is as each of them are considerably less useful without their poké-bodies. Dugtrio wouldn't stop anything in the deck as it is, but Latilock always good for it you teched a bench sniper.

There is by far enough reason to use Latilock, I think me and you are making the right decision! See you tommorrow and best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back