Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

My day at the Dutch Nationals (Masters 2nd place)

Nope it's not personal, in general Gardy players do eat time.
It's even a kind of "art" in some countries. (read USA)
It's also the reason I don't play Magmortar anymore.
My Mortar deck could beat GG easily, but not if I only get 6 turns.

Empoleon is even a bigger "enemy" for GG as it is for Magmortar.

As i already said via MSN, i think you are the moral Dutch winner of the year (even better than Arco 2-times-in-a-row-champion, LOL)!

Many props to you and see you soon at one of the first tables at Worlds!!!

Nice results Lia, you really did great at the nats:wink:

And our match was a lot of fun (as always), I hope our next matches will be like this too:wink:

See you in Orlando, and hopefully you don't have a headache at the worlds.

Matijs

Nope it's not personal, in general Gardy players do eat time.
It's even a kind of "art" in some countries. (read USA)
It's also the reason I don't play Magmortar anymore.
My Mortar deck could beat GG easily, but not if I only get 6 turns.

Empoleon is even a bigger "enemy" for GG as it is for Magmortar.

I think it depends on the GG list, and that my version of it has a good game against both Empoleon and Magmortar. Granted, I do not have a big sample size (I only went 6-0 in total or something like that against Sven and Matijs playing MortarKiss and Empoleon respectively the evening before Nats, both of them made Top 8), but I am still quite confident in the force of my specific GG list. Thanks to Anna too who suggested running it without 'starters'.

And I guess eating time is a bit ambiguous, it can either mean the relatively harmless time consuming ways of the deck because it can have like 3 different pokepower effects+supporter in a turn, or the somewhat worse way of (heavily) overthinking every decision you make with the deck, which I think you mean with an 'art'. Most of the time I go into the 'think tank' in a few key spots during a game at the beginning of my turn, then play everything out in quick succession. I think such moments are misused to portrait me as a slow player, while I think I generally play at a moderately fast pace but taking a moment every now and then to calculate odds and everything. So I guess that's why I felt spoken at by the eating time comment ;)

Congrats again Lia and nice report. I'm looking forward to testing with you (+kids) some time for worlds, I got some new decks again ^^

(Yeah, now Matijs, Erik and me all posted after eachother :biggrin:)

Good job Lia.

Missed our chance to play in Regionals together this year, so we'll see you in Orlando.

Terry

Back