Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

I want to buy a GPS good for the car and for the motorcycle.

Mew*

Ok, so I'll be able to drive very soon. That is one reason why I want a GPS. The other is because my dad and I go motorcycling on a Ural Gear-Up and it has a side car which includes one of those 12v cigarette lighter outlets just like cars have. It is fun to explore with it down in the county back roads, and with a GPS it would make getting home much easier!

So I need a GPS that has:

• Strong signal to the sattelites
  • Internal Speaker for car use
  • Compatible with a cigarette lighter outlet
  • Can take a good amount of bumps and shakes from riding on a motorcycle (being water resistant would help too, but I guess I could do without)
  • And not too expensive, not looking to spend over $165, so those Garmin ones are out of the picture (but I'm definitely willing to save money and buy used)

So can you guys recommend anything for me? Are there other features that I may want? I appreciate any help.

Circuit city usually has decent ones on sale every week. I've been looking myself for one, but have not found one that's inexpensive enough yet. I know Tomtom has some really good GPS systems. Good luck on your search!

Circuit city usually has decent ones on sale every week. I've been looking myself for one, but have not found one that's inexpensive enough yet. I know Tomtom has some really good GPS systems. Good luck on your search!
Ok, well I'll check out my local Circuit City soon to see what they've got. Thanks for the recommendation!

my mom as a tomtom and its rly good
Yeah, I've heard good things about TomToms. And they can fit in my price range too. I found out them make ones specifically for motorcycles but they don't have speakers in them. I guess I'll look into buying one of their smaller models for cars.

Anybody else recommend anything?

We saw one at Outdoor World (Bass Pro Shops) a few weeks ago. It was $199, had the speaker and was waterproof (when not plugged in). All of the GPS units were in the boating section. I don't know if they have a website...I have never checked it out.

We ended up getting a Garmin, and used it in the remote mountains of Montana...it was AWESOME!

Good luck! :smile:

Hmm, that sounds like a good one. I guess I'll look up reviews for the cheaper Garmins too. Thanks.

Back