Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Sonic Unleashed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as the game is as fast paced as it looks in the trailer it should be good.
Thats where they went wrong with Sonic, they slowed him down. He is supposed to be insanely fast, and his game is supposed to follow suit.
If they keep the game fast paced like it used to be (and get rid of its infamously cheap deaths) then it'll be a fantastic game.
The trailer looked cool.

You liked Shadow the Hedgehog (edit: and Sonic '06). You're not allowed to have an opinion anymore. Unfortunately, I never got to play Sonic and the Secret Rings. I wanted to. It looked like the best Sonic game in some time. Not that that's saying much. The only bad things I've heard about it was that they should have given you all of Sonic's upgrades at the beginning of the game instead of making you earn them (edit: and going in reverse).

Any Sonic game is bad when you throw in a bunch of crappy friends with vastly different game play mechanics and/or give them guns.

I'm glad they did that. In the old Sonic games the only thing to tell the characters apart was that Sonic run, Tails could run as faster then Sonic and could fly, and Knuckles can run as fast as Sonic and could guild. In the new games, the characters do what they do best. Sonic and Shadow run are do athletic things, Tails is slow, can fly and use technology to fight with and can do jump kills I think, Knuckles is a fighter and can guild, powerful like he is suppose to be, what Amy does is expected, Silver is just bad but does cool things, there are other characters I don't feel like explaining. I like Shadow the Hedgehog because thats how Shadow is suppose to act. He lost his memory and was confused. Yeah other things could have been better, but, that was the was SA2 way going, just not as violent as this game was. Sonic Heros was a good start for that. Sonic 06 showed all the characters perfectly. That WereSonic is just a slap on the face to Sonic fans. Yeah its cool but they could have put Hyper Sonic in the game, he was in one game and thats it. So if you want the whole every character jumps on head and kill the, ether play the old Sonic games or play Mario. I've been playing Sonic games for years and I only can say they are making them better. Its just like when people say they quit Pokemon because because they made more past 151. Stupid right? But thats how things are, they make the games better. Would you still be playing the Pokemon games where all of the attacks are from the R/B/Y series.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

I am a pacifist by nature. I don't like starting arguments if I don't have to....but this....

I learned how to play Sonic when I was 2 years old, although not very well. I learned to draw at a young age so I could draw Sonic, and I learned to read at a very early age just so I could read the manuals. Sonic was my childhood thing. It was Sonic this, Sonic that. It always has been. I also have the annoying habit of putting it into a lot of things. I have Sonic fan characters, a Pokemon team named after Sonic, as well as a deck, I did my writing project for high school on Sonic and my final advanced art project. My relation with Sonic can be described as borderline psychotic.

Does not liking Sonic 06 make me not a fan anymore? No, the people who liked Sonic 06 are so absolutely dedicated they don't care how many times they get slapped in the face.

Oh yeah man, same here. I did everything because of Sonic. I have a fan character as well. Sonic started everything for me.

Last edited:
The term you're looking for is "masochists."

Way to be a complete [donkey] comparing Sonic fans to those who obtain sexual pleasure from pain. Get a grip buddy, you can whine all you want but vap and I and millions of other people have enjoyed the recent Sonic games. What do you gain from being hardcore oldschool whatever the easter bunny you want to call yourself. What a bunch of bull. There's fans and there's not fans. Once you get down from your nostalgia high you can enjoy anything.

I hate to use vgchatz as a source, but I can't think of any others. However, Sonic '06 sold less than a million copies world-wide, on PS3 and 360 combined. Given the extreme negative backlash the game received, a fair portion of the people who bought it did not enjoy it. So, maybe thousands of people enjoyed it? Shadow the Hedgehog actually did break a million across three platforms, but not by much. By comparison, Sonic Heroes sold around 5 million.

Oh, and Sonic and the Secret Rings apparently outsold Sonic '06 and Shadow the Hedghog despite being released on only one platform.

Sonic Heroes was fodder for the reviewers, while I enjoyed it I didn't like it as much as the Adventure-type games.

I rented Heroes and thought it was okay. It was inferior to the Adventure titles, but on the bright side, no one was piloting mecha, hunting emerald shards, or fishing.

I hate to use vgchatz as a source, but I can't think of any others. However, Sonic '06 sold less than a million copies world-wide, on PS3 and 360 combined. Given the extreme negative backlash the game received, a fair portion of the people who bought it did not enjoy it. So, maybe thousands of people enjoyed it? Shadow the Hedgehog actually did break a million across three platforms, but not by much. By comparison, Sonic Heroes sold around 5 million.

Oh, and Sonic and the Secret Rings apparently outsold Sonic '06 and Shadow the Hedghog despite being released on only one platform.

It really dons not matter how many copies a game sells for it to be good. Had Sonic 06 been on Wii, it would have sold more copies. I think the newer Sonic games beat Sonic Heros all around, but that was there way of making it to where you can play all the Sonic Characters with their own unique abilities. People don't have 400- 600 dollars for a PS3 just for one game. Sonic was not meant for Playstation or X-Box but they wanted to show the older people that they can make a hard core Sonic game. Shadow the hedgehog what the start. The people reviews for the game mean nothing if you enjoy it and if thats how you determine what game you should get then something is wrong. I've played these Sonic games so I know. If I had to rate the newer sonic games, it would be this(Dreamcast on, not including hand heldsand PC):

1. Sonic Adventures 2/Battle
2. Sonic Adventures
3. Shadow the Hedgehog
4. Sonic the Hedgehog 2006
5. Sonic Riders Zero Gravity
6. Sonic Unleashed
7. Sonic and the Secret Rings
8. Sonic Shuffle
9. Sonic Heros
10. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
11. Sonic Riders

I think thats it.

I like Shadow the Hedgehog because thats how Shadow is suppose to act. He lost his memory and was confused. Yeah other things could have been better, but, that was the was SA2 way going, just not as violent as this game was. Sonic Heros was a good start for that. Sonic 06 showed all the characters perfectly.
1. Okay that makes sense on why they gave him weapons, he was confused! Each story took like 45 minutes to get through (Skipping all the cut scenes) Sorry that's not fun or me if I get less than
6 or so hours of Game play out of it. The missions we're extremely tedious like the destroy (x) or find (x) number of things. To tell somebody they are not a fan of Sonic because they didn't like one or two games is a poor choice of words.

2. Sonic 06 made you play as other characters, didn't display properly them at all. To display them properly don't put them in Sonic's Levels and make us complete the levels with them. And no I couldn't stand the constant lag on both systems, stupid glitches and horrible story. Sue me.

Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Riders 1 & 2 wereterrible games.
I guess Shadow was ok, but it could have been MUCH better.
Adventure 2 Battle was amazing. That was a great game. It had a good story, good game play (for the most part) and it had the Choas. Those stupid things kept me entertained for hundreds of hours. lol
Sonic Heroes was fun too, IMO. I really liked playing the game and seeing the story from the four different views.

It really dons not matter how many copies a game sells for it to be good. Had Sonic 06 been on Wii, it would have sold more copies. I think the newer Sonic games beat Sonic Heros all around, but that was there way of making it to where you can play all the Sonic Characters with their own unique abilities. People don't have 400- 600 dollars for a PS3 just for one game. Sonic was not meant for Playstation or X-Box but they wanted to show the older people that they can make a hard core Sonic game. Shadow the hedgehog what the start. The people reviews for the game mean nothing if you enjoy it and if thats how you determine what game you should get then something is wrong. I've played these Sonic games so I know.
My point wasn't that Sonic '06 and Shadow were bad games because they sold like crap. Sales figures may not be the end-all judge of quality. However, that argument applies mostly to niche titles. My point was that millions of people weren't enjoying them and that Sonic has lost a lot of popularity. I'll concede that Sonic is not a match for most of the Xbox user base, however, last generation the PS2 had the largest and most diverse user base, so it's silly to say that Sonic didn't belong there.

That being said, neither Shadow nor Sonic '06 are hardcore games. Adding guns and swearing certainly doesn't make a game hardcore unless you consider the 13 year old crowd to be teh hardcore.

That being said, I usually do check reviews of games before making a purchase. However, my final decision is rarely based solely on that.

If I had to rate the newer sonic games, it would be this(Dreamcast on, not including hand heldsand PC):

1. Sonic Adventures 2/Battle
2. Sonic Adventures
3. Shadow the Hedgehog
4. Sonic the Hedgehog 2006
5. Sonic Riders Zero Gravity
6. Sonic Unleashed
7. Sonic and the Secret Rings
8. Sonic Shuffle
9. Sonic Heros
10. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
11. Sonic Riders

I think thats it.
I like how you can rate Sonic Unleashed despite the fact that it hasn't been released yet. When did you have the chance to play it? I remember you saying that you didn't buy Sonic and the Secret Rings, but did you even play it? At any rate, there's no point in comparing normal Sonic games to the racing, sports, and board game spin-offs.

http://www.gamespot.com/video/945571/6194260/videoplayerpop?rgroup=e32008_videos

watch that please.

i, personally, am looking very forward to this game. the game looks like it will provide endless amounts of fun and should sell pretty nicely, for those of you concerned about sales and junk. the only game it looks to compare to is the original adventure.

you have to understand that sonic the hedgehog 2006 is a tragic work of art. we were given awesome trailers and stuff before the release, and then the game came out, and it completely flopped. it's failure is most likely linked to sonic team being rushed by microsoft while also making the very foolish decision of firing its entire debugging team. quite possibly the only redeeming qualities of the game are, in my opinion, the music and the story. we were given a lot before the release, only for our hopes (well, at least mine) to be shattered upon the game's release.

this game, however, we are given (as you can see in the video i presented you with) clear gameplay. i'll admit, i was iffy about the werehog myself. after watching that video and seeing the werehog rumble his fists around in an awesomely cool cartoony manner, my jaw literally dropped (this reaction happened again when i watched the video for a second time, mind you).

also, sonic and sonic the werehog are the only playable characters during the story. there will be side missions that are 100% optional, and other characters might be used in those missions. so far, tails, knuckles, amy rose, and shadow are confirmed to make appearances somehow in the game. once again, if they were to be playable though, then they'd ONLY be played in the side missions, which i will repeat are all optional--they aren't necessary to beat the story of the game.

http://www.gamespot.com/video/945571/6194260/videoplayerpop?rgroup=e32008_videos

watch that please.

i, personally, am looking very forward to this game. the game looks like it will provide endless amounts of fun and should sell pretty nicely, for those of you concerned about sales and junk. the only game it looks to compare to is the original adventure.

you have to understand that sonic the hedgehog 2006 is a tragic work of art. we were given awesome trailers and stuff before the release, and then the game came out, and it completely flopped. it's failure is most likely linked to sonic team being rushed by microsoft while also making the very foolish decision of firing its entire debugging team. quite possibly the only redeeming qualities of the game are, in my opinion, the music and the story. we were given a lot before the release, only for our hopes (well, at least mine) to be shattered upon the game's release.

this game, however, we are given (as you can see in the video i presented you with) clear gameplay. i'll admit, i was iffy about the werehog myself. after watching that video and seeing the werehog rumble his fists around in an awesomely cool cartoony manner, my jaw literally dropped (this reaction happened again when i watched the video for a second time, mind you).

also, sonic and sonic the werehog are the only playable characters during the story. there will be side missions that are 100% optional, and other characters might be used in those missions. so far, tails, knuckles, amy rose, and shadow are confirmed to make appearances somehow in the game. once again, if they were to be playable though, then they'd ONLY be played in the side missions, which i will repeat are all optional--they aren't necessary to beat the story of the game.

I expect great things from this game.

That's like saying Soul Calibur IV and Ocarina of Time are the same because they both feature characters that use swords. =\

No, its how it transforms under different conditions, it even mentioned the music will give it a "twilight" feel, and you use sonic first, then weresonic, then sonic, etc., and on TP, you have to use them one after another for the first 3 temples, and its the same world, different enemies and everthing.

I'm possibly going to get this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back