Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Wild Tangrowth deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

light_gengar

I stopped playing pokemon when LM came out, so I've been trying to get some cards together, and this was the best combo I could come up with for the moment. I know the deck needs a lot of work, so please, help me out!

Pokemon: 24
4- Treecko (GE. using the new treecko when the next set comes out)
2- Grovyle (GE)
4- Sceptile (GE)

4- Tangela (GE)
4- Tangrowth (GE)

3- Celebi (MT)
1- Celebi* (CG)
1- Smeargle (SW)
2- Illumise (GE)

Trainers: 20
4- Rare Candy
3- Switch
3- Felicity's Drawing
3- Bebe's search
3- Mom's Kindness
4- Professor Rowan

Energy: 16
15- Grass
1- call energy

A mess, I know, but this is the best I could muster from just 2 visits to league (definately going to fix this and change it when the new set comes out)

Strat: hopefully a celebi start to use Sprouting, and hitting with leaf tornado until I have something setup on the bench. Starting with Tangela is ok as well, that way I can hopefully just Pull in something that they are building, or to stall. Starting with the others is just terrible... unless I run into a lot of draw and get lucky.
Celebi is great all througout the game, especially if i can get a Sceptile and a few tangrowth up. that way, when a tangrowth is about to kick the bucket, I can switch, attatch one grass energy to celebi, bring him up, and then tornado the energies where I need them (hopefully to a new tangrowth or sceptile to fight). A great tech right now, but not for long, is the Celebi*. if I can get enough energy going around in the game, and I can tornado that energy onto celebi*, it can do some pretty nasty damage. only problem is the 60 HP he has, so this won't be too big of a loss when he cycles out. Illumise there to help get grass basics out.
Hopefully I can just keep my tangrowths up and have at least one Sceptile.

When IFDS comes out, I hope to have my deck looking something like this:

Pokemon: 22
4- treecko (IFDS)
2-grovyle (GE)
2-2 - Sceptile (2IFDS)

4- Tangela (not sure if I'll use the IFDS or the GE one)
4- Tangrowth (IFDS)

3-Shaymin (IFDS)
1-shaymin lvlX (IFDS)

Trainers: 22
3- Miasma Valley- stadium (IFDS)
4- Pokehealer + (IFDS)
3- Professor Rowan
3- Bebe's Search
3- Felicity's Drawing
4- Rare Candy
2- Switch

Energy: 16
16- Grass energy

spoilers first:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Tangela LV.10 – Grass – HP70
Basic Pokemon

[C] Ingrain: Flip a coin, if tails this attack fails. If heads, search your deck for 1 Grass Energy card and attach it to Tangela. Shuffle your deck afterward. If you attached Energy, prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to Tangela during your opponent's next turn.
[G][C] Tickle: 20 damage. Flip a coin, if heads the Defending Pokemon is now Paralyzed.

Weakness: Fire (+10)
Resistance: Water (-20)
Retreat: 1

*Tangrowth LV.41 – Grass – HP110
Stage 1 – Evolves from Tangela

Poke-Body: Regenerative Vines
In between turns, remove 1 damage counter from this Pokemon.

[G][C] Green Acid: 20 damage. Flip 2 coins. If the first is heads, the Defending Pokemon is now Confused. If the second is heads, the Defending Pokemon is now Poisoned.
[G][G][C][C] Stretch Vine: 60 damage. This attack also does 20 damage to 2 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: Fire (+30)
Retreat: 3

*Treecko LV.11 – Grass – HP50
Basic Pokemon

[C] Cry For Help: Search your deck for 1 Basic Pokemon card, show it to your opponent, and put it in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.
[G] Poison Breath: Flip a coin, if heads the Defending Pokemon is now Poisoned.

Weakness: Fire (+10)

*Sceptile LV.56 – Grass – HP110
Stage 2 – Evolves from Grovyle

Poke-Power: Energy Trans
You can use this Power as often as you like during your turn. Choose 1 Grass Energy attached to one of your Pokemon and attach it to a different one of your Pokemon. This Power can’t be used if this Pokemon is affected by a Special Condition.

[C][C] Poison Leaf: 40 damage. The Defending Pokemon is now Poisoned.
[G][G][C][C] Slice Drain: 60 damage. Remove 2 damage counters from Sceptile.

Weakness: Fire (+30)

*Shaymin LV.42 – Grass – HP70
Basic Pokemon

[G] Flower Aroma: 10 damage. Remove 2 damage counters from Shaymin, and the Defending Pokemon is now Asleep.
[G][C] Damage Aid: 30 damage. If the Defending Pokemon is affected by a Special Condition, this attack does an additional 50 damage. Then, remove all Special Conditions from the Defending Pokemon.

Weakness: Fire (+20)

*Shaymin LV.X – Grass – HP100
Level Up

Poke-Body: Sense of Gratitude
Each of your Grass-type Pokemon in play (excluding any Shaymin) has its maximum HP increased by 40. This Body stops working if you already have another Sense of Gratitude Poke-Body in effect.

[G][C][C] Seed Flare: 40 damage. You may choose any number of Grass Energy in your hand and attach them to your Pokemon in any way you like. If you do, this attack does an additional 20 damage for each Energy card you attach.

Weakness: Fire (x2)

*Pokehealer + – Trainer

You can play 2 copies of this card at the same time.
If you play 1 copy, remove 1 damage counter and 1 Special Condition from your Active Pokemon.
If you play 2 copies, remove 8 damage counters and all Special Conditions from your Active Pokemon. (This counts as the effect of both cards.)

*Miasma Valley – Stadium

Whenever either player plays a Basic Pokemon card (excluding Grass-type and Psychic-type Pokemon) from his or her hand onto the Bench, place 2 damage counters on that Pokemon.

You can play a Stadium card next to your Active Pokemon 1 time during your turn. If a Stadium card with a different name is put into play, discard this card.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With this, you now have energy trans with sceptile, but now it makes it harder in a sense, because you have to have both sceptile up to perform well. Hopefully you can get a good Shaymin/shamin lvlX setup to begin with, and fight with him while you build your bench, then energy trans to a setup Tangrowth, get ShayminlvlX to just beef up your tangrowth and other grass pokes With a wonderful +40 HP, and keep the energy costs cheap and fluid with the Sceptiles.

Ideas? fixes? would be greatly appreciated. :smile: :grass:

Last edited:
3-2-2-1 Sceptile GE/Sceptile OP4(Energy Trans)
3-3 Tangrowth GE
2-2 Claydol GE
3 Celebi MT
1 Celebi *

is the poke line I would use since u cant have a big bench with dusknoir running around.

isn't POP 4 cycling out next month?

and telling me that Dusknoir is running around doesn't tell me much when I said I just came back to the game and haven't seen or heard of this deck! haha

I tried playing a version of this deck and it didn't work. typical: lol

I played someone at the nats who was running this deck and I was pwnd. typical: lol

Anyway, the best version of this deck ran 3-3 Tangrowth and 4-2-4 Togekiss. 22-24 energy with it. Celebi * used as tech.

Your list: I can't see this being the fastest of decks, so I give it 7.6945230875/10. "and hopefully start with a Celebi?" Not quite good enough. You know, you are allowed to run 4 Celebi + 1 * + up to 4 ex (even though the ex isn't legal).

Synergy: 9/10 Grass energy acceleration decks should have flourished, but Magmortar has kept them at bay. Tangrowth is amazing.

Yeah, the first version is more of something that I just put together because its all I had, and the second one is one that I really would like to put together. The first tangrowth was nasty, but the IFDS one is even more amazing. And with shaymin lv. X in play, a 150 HP tangrowth is no laughing matter.

I'm currently working with a deck that's running 2 diff blazikens, and trying to get 2 of them out isn't all that hard (in reference to 2 different sceptiles). seeing how there would be more promise for pokemon searching, and shaymin stalling/fighting/energy placement/HP buffing, it seems like a killer setup. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what we really get in LA and IFDS (or whatever they decide to do with that set).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back