Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

regi sleeves need an answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viva piñata

so since the pre started today i would really love to know if the regi sleeves are finally gonna be way nicer and not the way the mt,sw,ge,md sleeves where??

Yeah they are Japanese Pokemon Sleeve quality, not like the previous sets. They aren't Ultra-Pro like the Lucario sleeves and are much better. :)

actually, i'm curious--are they made by the same company who makes the japanese ones? who made these?

actually, i'm curious--are they made by the same company who makes the japanese ones? who made these?

That would be a question you should ask Mike at Worlds. I am sure he can either confirm or deny or he can't confirm or deny who actually makes them. :tongue:

Drew

they're almost identical to the japanese ones... not quite as nice as the Lucario ones, but definitely a big step up.

Since we are getting sleeves like japan's, I am starting to think we might get the green shaymin sleeves for IFDS

I love these sleeves. As a player that uses Japanese sleeves and has always passed on using the previous sleeves given at Prereleases, except the Leafeon / Glaceon of course, I used these at the Prerelease I went to yesterday and really liked the 'feel' of them.

Very close to the Japanese. And no ugly set logo, just the POP logo. I hope this is the new trend in sleeves for PUI.

Wow it looks really cool but I don't really like the japanese card sleeves so I guess I probaly won't really like these. Unless I just have bad luck getting bad packages of them because the always peeled. I hope these don't.

Does anyone know if these sleeves can be double sleeved like the Japanese ones? I don't want to open my 'gigas sleeves if they can't.

As a Judge, I would not allow you to mix Japanese and English cards in these sleeves. It's not as obvious as the Lucario sleeves, but, if you know what you're doing, you can quite easily see the card back through the sleeve.

The quality, though, seems fantastic!

I would use entirely Japanese decks all the time, problem is some judges like to think of it as being disruptive. If wanting value for money, aesthetically pleasing cards, and more importantly cards that don't get damaged/bent just by existing is disruptive then fair enough. =/

You ought to consider yourself lucky that the HJ allows japanese cards in the 1st place! You know, OP could make a rule that you have to play with cards in your home language only.

Keith

PS IMO, an entirely japanese deck in the USA IS disruptive to the game. Since you are required to have card dex's &/or outside ref (english) cards for each unique foreign language card, that means bring 20 or so outside refs to the table for every match! Talk about slow playing a match! :nonono:

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

You can if your entire deck is in Japanese like mine.:thumb:

Be prepared to fix this deck if you play in my area! See above post. (Unless you are from Japan! )The HJ gets to make the call on this.

Last edited:
You ought to consider yourself lucky that the HJ allows japanese cards in the 1st place! You know, OP could make a rule that you have to play with cards in your home language only.

Keith

PS IMO, an entirely japanese deck in the USA IS disruptive to the game. Since you are required to have card dex's &/or outside ref (english) cards for each unique foreign language card, that means bring 20 or so outside refs to the table for every match! Talk about slow playing a match! :nonono:

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Be prepared to fix this deck if you play in my area! See above post. (Unless you are from Japan! )The HJ gets to make the call on this.

If that were true then the HJ would have the right to allow only Japanese cards if he'she wants, even in a US tornament. And I'm pretty sure that no HJ has the right to ask what Contery you are born in. Either way, if the HJ did that you should just complain to PUI since the judge isn't following the official rules which state that Japanese cards can be used with a carddex/translation. The HJ has the right to make the final call, not to compleatly change the rules of the game.

Skitty: You are twisting what I said. You must allow the local language cards to be played. The rules state that a player MAY use foriegn language cards. (Rules 14.1.8) "If a judge determines that a player is using non-local language cards
and/or misprinted cards to gain an advantage, that player will be subject to the Cheating section of the POP Penalty Guidelines." Never said that a HJ could ask what country someone was born in. I stated that unless you were japanese and came to the USA to play in an OPEN event here, then I, as a Judge/PTO/HJ couldn't force that person to play with an english deck. Likewise, the rules still apply and that player would have to have outside refs (card dex or english cards).

In the same rules (at the OP website), Rule 5. Event Responsibilities
All attendants at Pokémon Organized Play events are expected to be respectful of and
courteous to each other. This includes handling disputes calmly, following directions
issued by event staff
, abstaining from the use of profanity, and avoiding the discussion of
inflammatory or offensive topics. Also, Rule 5.3 states "POP supports the rulings of its judges, where those rulings were made impartially and are in the best interests of the Spirit of the Game."

In addition: 5.4. Head Judge Responsibilities
The Head Judge serves as the final arbiter of all rulings and rules interpretations
for a particular tournament. The Head Judge is chosen by the Tournament
Organizer prior to the event and is ultimately responsible for making sure that all
participants abide by the rules set forth in this document. The Head Judge is also
responsible for reporting all penalties higher than a Caution to POP.

So, as you can see, a HJ can rule that an all japanese deck, by an american player at an american event, COULD rule that the deck is disruptive to the event, COULD give an advantage to said player and require the use of some english cards. I never said you couldn't use ANY japanese cards. I simply stated my opinion on the use of an entire deck in japanese.

Look, I know some of the japanese cards look "cooler", but when an entire deck is made up of foreign language cards, it is a problem. Should your oppo HAVE to ask for a card dex ref for every card you play??? IMO, no they shouldnt. The game is meant to be PLAYED, not shuffling thru outside refs! Would you rather I make you switch out the single cards in yopur deck w/ the english outside refs (with no penalty at all!) or determine that you are trying to gain an advantage and then DQ you (and report you to OP)?? You tell me. (Look up the penalties for cheating...they are not nice!)

You may want to edit your Q in ATM to reflect an entirely japanese deck. As a HJ, I cannot bar the use of some japanese cards. IMO, I can limit an entire japanese deck.

OT: My boys love the sleeves and they were a big hit at my 1st PR.

Keith

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back