Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Lame-U (L-AMU): Testing the Pixies

What deck did you use against it? If you used one with a good matchup against AMU then its dumb to say how you won. Saying you beat AMU means little if you don't say what you beat it with. >_>

AMU has a bad match-up against everything so whatever deck he says you are going to basically say it didn't count

AMU isn't good

player A -"I use GOd Blast T2 knock out. I am so good at this game I did 200 damage T2!"
me -"Great Job buddy you did 200 damage to a chatot u are a real pro"

Your forgetting that Leafeon would also serve as an alternate attacker, Mewtwo killer, help the Kingdra matchup.

1. Have fun trying to keep Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit, Leafeon AND Claydol around all the time.

2. Nobody's going to play Mewtwo, it's horrible, so that isn't an advantage.

3. Warp Point, Duskull, Rare Candy, Dusknoir. Slight advantage against near auto-loss match-up gone.

It's just so annoying that you're telling us this deck is SO GOOD but you're not divulging any information about what your list is or how to play it. Don't be a flip-flopper; just tell us what works or don't say anything about it at all.

Last edited:
Pkmn
Looks decent 2-2 of the Uxie line is the way to go, draw power > effect of MT (getting this guy killed is nothing you want anyways). Claydol IMO is not needed in this deck, when you have Uxie. To be extra sure add some draw power supporters. The supporters you will need in most cases is still Roseanne, to get the pixies you didn't start with, then you can draw like mad. For the Lv X use Premier ball, top decking, Bebe's. However you might like to have some techs, here are some I can suggest. Remember I'm not sure about the exact metagame, but these might do.

1-1 Mewtwo lv X
Use Mewtwo with Energy absorbation. This fella help mirrors, and can after a Mesprit Lv X discards, pick em up and do 120 next turn. I don't think you should be worried about OHKO, since I will suggest you to keep Snowpoint.

1 Mr.Mime MT
People has forgotten this fella when DRE and Scramble was domintaing. However in the next format, using attacks with 3 energies will be harder. The attack is average I guess, and is the only flaw with the card, but he will primary be used for stalling.

1 Rotom
Alreadt stated.

1-1 Bronzor/Bronzong
>_> I don't like Mewtwo LV X, which probably will be used as techs against AMU. ATM this is the best option to one shot it, and it can spread damage to Power dependant decks.

1 Chatot
Bad Hand? Roseanne => Pixie + Chatot redo. Also free retreat allows it to take the blow while charging Mesprit.

Eneriges
I think 11-12 is enough.

Trainer ETC
Pluspower isn't needed IMO, since your goal is to hit 200 often. Use energy pick-up instead. Radar isn't needed either IMO, add some draw power instead. If you really would like Pluspower, you can skip it and add Buck's Training.

Other than that you are ready to go! I find it sad that some people troll in this topic. If you don't believe in this deck, then post relevant arguments or refrain from posting. I can just say that I did not believe in this deck before Orlando, however in the open-gaming room I watched AMU against Magnezone Lv X and a couple of others. I was amazed how well it did. I also thought that 200 for 2 discard isn't consistent, but the thing I forgot was that this format is rather slow without DRE/Scramble, so for this format it keeps the pace. Also this deck has room for several techs. It is rather easy to set up, and don't have that many bad starts.

This format will be dominated by AMU, BlisseySoemthing, LeafeonLvXSomething, T2 Houndoom.

Pkmn
Looks decent 2-2 of the Uxie line is the way to go, draw power > effect of MT (getting this guy killed is nothing you want anyways). Claydol IMO is not needed in this deck, when you have Uxie. To be extra sure add some draw power supporters. The supporters you will need in most cases is still Roseanne, to get the pixies you didn't start with, then you can draw like mad. For the Lv X use Premier ball, top decking, Bebe's. However you might like to have some techs, here are some I can suggest. Remember I'm not sure about the exact metagame, but these might do.

1-1 Mewtwo lv X
Use Mewtwo with Energy absorbation. This fella help mirrors, and can after a Mesprit Lv X discards, pick em up and do 120 next turn. I don't think you should be worried about OHKO, since I will suggest you to keep Snowpoint.

1 Mr.Mime MT
People has forgotten this fella when DRE and Scramble was domintaing. However in the next format, using attacks with 3 energies will be harder. The attack is average I guess, and is the only flaw with the card, but he will primary be used for stalling.

1 Rotom
Alreadt stated.

1-1 Bronzor/Bronzong
>_> I don't like Mewtwo LV X, which probably will be used as techs against AMU. ATM this is the best option to one shot it, and it can spread damage to Power dependant decks.

1 Chatot
Bad Hand? Roseanne => Pixie + Chatot redo. Also free retreat allows it to take the blow while charging Mesprit.

Eneriges
I think 11-12 is enough.

Trainer ETC
Pluspower isn't needed IMO, since your goal is to hit 200 often. Use energy pick-up instead. Radar isn't needed either IMO, add some draw power instead. If you really would like Pluspower, you can skip it and add Buck's Training.

Other than that you are ready to go! I find it sad that some people troll in this topic. If you don't believe in this deck, then post relevant arguments or refrain from posting. I can just say that I did not believe in this deck before Orlando, however in the open-gaming room I watched AMU against Magnezone Lv X and a couple of others. I was amazed how well it did. I also thought that 200 for 2 discard isn't consistent, but the thing I forgot was that this format is rather slow without DRE/Scramble, so for this format it keeps the pace. Also this deck has room for several techs. It is rather easy to set up, and don't have that many bad starts.

This format will be dominated by AMU, BlisseySoemthing, LeafeonLvXSomething, T2 Houndoom.

Nice to see a poster who actually knows what he's talking about. I used to think the same thing about Beedril. That it was to hard to get set up, that stuff would be prized, that there was no way you would be consistently doing 120 a turn for 1 nrg. A friend of me gave me a list and said to try it out, so I did, and I was amazed at how good it was. I used it at BRds and got 2nd and 4th only losing to Ape and Banbliss. I brought it to nats as my league deck, and used it in the friday modified. I went 6/2 with it beating many empoleon and plox. Beedril is now one of my favorit decks, and its all because I actually tried it, and didn't just say oh this deck doesn't work. :nonono:

BTW why would I give information about my list? If you lists isnt good then, perhaps you should look at cards to make it better, its really not that hard. Yes you need a good list to see how well the deck can do, but no way am I going to just give you my list which I have put a lot of work into. lol

@The Breeder: Thanks for posting something that actually made sense.

@DarthPika: I don't care as much about the list as much as you are withholding so much other information. The post above was VERY informative without giving away too much. All you ever do is say stupid stuff like "Leafeon's pretty good" or "I've been testing this deck for 3 months" or "This loses to AMU" or "Luxray might be a hard match-up" with practically no supporting arguments. That's as good as spam in my books.

^Win.

They're right Darth. Be helpful or go away, being snotty and secretive helps no one.

I wasn't being either. I try and explain something about the deck, and all I get is a bunch of posts on how it would never work or there is no way you can do that. I'm willing to talk about how the deck works and stuff, but only if YOU play your part and listen and TRY it before just bashing it.

I wasn't being either. I try and explain something about the deck, and all I get is a bunch of posts on how it would never work or there is no way you can do that. I'm willing to talk about how the deck works and stuff, but only if YOU play your part and listen and TRY it before just bashing it.

from what you told me on AIM all you have tested against is gliscor and that means if you have been testing for 3 months supposedly you have been testing ONE MATCHUP

me and my team have tested nearly every matchup of next format and we can tell you that AMU will not win any BRs. Just like hurricane

I built a AMU Deck at Worlds after I got all the Pixies in the prerelease.
I used a HORRIBLE list (4 PP 4 Buck etc) and still won everything, the deck is awesome definitly.
I dunno what it will be able to do if I actually build a list when i'm not totally tired, but it'll be awesome.

I thought about leafeon Myself, it also looks great, although it'll definitly slow you down.

I tested against some tougher matchups, a magnezone deck which can give you troubles because you have no attacks except godblast, cause everything else just does no damage, and some eevee decks with myghtyena, it definitly is a thread but nothing one coulnd't handle.

I just did one game against kingra, If you can disrupt their early game with mesprit cou can win but its a hard matchup IMO.

from what you told me on AIM all you have tested against is gliscor and that means if you have been testing for 3 months supposedly you have been testing ONE MATCHUP

me and my team have tested nearly every matchup of next format and we can tell you that AMU will not win any BRs. Just like hurricane

I've tested more then just against gliscor. lol

player A -"I use GOd Blast T2 knock out. I am so good at this game I did 200 damage T2!"
me -"Great Job buddy you did 200 damage to a chatot u are a real pro"

Hey thats my thing! and it was

"HAHA I have the turn 2 god blast!"

"Congrazs dude you just did 200 damage to a chatot"

So far Ive tested agasint the following decks.

Gliscor
Groudonk
Magnevire
red face paint stuff that I've made

Started testing against DP-MD decks cuz I figured If it cant beat them then theres no point in using it lol.

Tested it agaisnt most of the DP-MD decks, and it wasnt to hard considering that there were only about 5/6 at the most. ;)

Need to test agasint

Kingdra
Luxray
Other stuff that I think will be a threat.

My friend plays it with tech gardy and gally (that mean X claydol).

It is quite fast if you have enough trainers to get them out.

It's weakness is that if your opponent can KO 2 pixie in a row, you'll lose (no more 200 every turn!). Im thinking machamp here, but i havent tried it out yet.

I've played it against:

Leafeon
Empoleon
Magnezone - Blissey
GG
Skittles
A couple of rando rogues
Weavile / Honchkrow

That is multiple games per deck. And I won everything but a game against emp where I managed to get two Mesprit X, and two Azelf prized.

Back