Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

My AMU deck PLZ FIX!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude...

With Energy Switch, you don't have to wait another turn. Guaranteed. Not 50/50.

I play just 2 Energy Switch. Comboed with premier ball, I am ofter able to pull of 3 consecutive God Blasts.

So what you are arguing is pretty much why ER2 did so bad at worlds right?

BTW 3 Consecutive god blast while losing energy is worse then haveing a 50/50 chance of grabing a +2

And you can fix the list to run both but i dont have time right now so manaphy trainer ill PM you a list *if you PM me first* later after our testing session with the deck this weekend.

So what you are arguing is pretty much why ER2 did so bad at worlds right?

BTW 3 Consecutive god blast while losing energy is worse then haveing a 50/50 chance of grabing a +2

And you can fix the list to run both but i dont have time right now so manaphy trainer ill PM you a list *if you PM me first* later after our testing session with the deck this weekend.

I knew someone would say this. Wrong.

If Energy Removal was legal, yes Energy Removal 2 would suck. But there's no better alternative Trainer that achieves a similar effect. Get my drift?

3 consecutive 200 damage attacks while losing energy attached to your 1-2 energy attackers is worse than a 50% chance of only doing 1 turn of 200 damage? Where is the logic there? Why is losing energy on your other sprites a big deal in AMU? Energy Pickup may be fine for other decks that really need acceleration, but Energy Switch works better in AMU because of the low cost attacks.

When you need Energy Pickup, it will probably fail you. I'd rather not play it.
ohhh lol u just said switch not energy switch XD then yes thats alot better XD

I don't ever recall just saying Switch. That would make no sense whatsoever.

Last edited:
I knew someone would say this. Wrong.

If Energy Removal was legal, yes Energy Removal 2 would suck. But there's no better alternative Trainer that achieves a similar effect. Get my drift?

However have you found a card that takes phycic energy from the discard and attach it to a pokemon?

However have you found a card that takes phycic energy from the discard and attach it to a pokemon?

The purpose of the Trainer, in AMU, is to put an additional Psychic Energy on Mesprit Lv.X, regardless of where it comes from. Energy Switch always does that. Energy Pickup doesn't.

So, Energy Switch is analogous to ER. Energy Pickup is ER2.

Do you think that amu needs no additional pokemon. just the pixies? what about running them with leafeon?

(not in response to leafeon discussion) YES BUT.... Benched need energy as well, and if you rob that from them, by the the time Mesprit
gets knocked out, your benched pokemon will be high dry on energy. energy switch ISN'T the
best, I tried it, and I LOST... Energy pick up, even with the 50% chance, still works a **** load
better, and I win with it.

uhhh buddy i'm getting a little confused here. energy switch moves an energy from 1 pokemon to another. good if you start with uxie or azelf; if you start with mesprit that's pretty useless. plus you're acting like energy switch is giving you +1 energy on the field, which it isn't. say i start with azelf, t1 attach psychic and roseannes for my pixies. t2 i have all my pixies setup and i energy switch to mesprit for a god blast, yay! wait, crap; no energies on the field. GG

EDIT: i won't lie though, i would try to fit both. but energy patch comes first.. easily

wow dude i just read your post about the pixies line.. idk what to say lol. 1 azelf LA that just doesn't work, you're taking the risk of prizing 1 of him + a lv x.. that's an autoloss right there. yes azelf MT is great in the mirror and he is a great starter, but come on - you have to start with him (2/10 chance since AMU should have 10 basics) for the attack to be even good. plus you want to turn the azelf LA into azelf lv x.. not him.. here is what i would run:

Azelf: 1 MT 2 LA 1 X
Mesprit: 1 MT 2 LA 1 X
Uxie: 3 LA 1 X

MT uxie is terrible.. anyone who thinks 30 + sleep is good is an idiot..and the power is a joke.

Last edited:
uhhh buddy i'm getting a little confused here. energy switch moves an energy from 1 pokemon to another. good if you start with uxie or azelf; if you start with mesprit that's pretty useless. plus you're acting like energy switch is giving you +1 energy on the field, which it isn't. say i start with azelf, t1 attach psychic and roseannes for my pixies. t2 i have all my pixies setup and i energy switch to mesprit for a god blast, yay! wait, crap; no energies on the field. GG

EDIT: i won't lie though, i would try to fit both. but energy patch comes first.. easily

First off, T2 God Blast is overrated; there usually aren't any Pokemon in play that are worth God Blasting on T-2.

In AMU the sprites are constantly rotating. Using different attacks to disrupt the opponent. Therefore, there will be Energy on different attackers. The deck isn't all about 200 a turn.

You aren't using Energy Switch right.

Say it's T-5 and I have 4 energy in play, 1 on Mesprit X, 2 on Uxie X, and 1 on Azelf X. I attach 1 energy to Mesprit X, and God Blast. Next turn, I Energy Switch an Energy from Azelf X to Mesprit X, attach for my turn, and God Blast again. I can repeat again next turn.

If you like Pick-up better go ahead and run it. I'd rather rely on Energy Switch.

First off, T2 God Blast is overrated; there usually aren't any Pokemon in play that are worth God Blasting on T-2.

In AMU the sprites are constantly rotating. Using different attacks to disrupt the opponent. Therefore, there will be Energy on different attackers. The deck isn't all about 200 a turn.

You aren't using Energy Switch right.

Say it's T-5 and I have 4 energy in play, 1 on Mesprit X, 2 on Uxie X, and 1 on Azelf X. I attach 1 energy to Mesprit X, and God Blast. Next turn, I Energy Switch an Energy from Azelf X to Mesprit X, attach for my turn, and God Blast again. I can repeat again next turn.

If you like Pick-up better go ahead and run it. I'd rather rely on Energy Switch.

It may be a good idea to run 2/3 pickup if you have room, but I'm with you on this. Coin flips have a nasty habit of never working for you when you need them the most.

Energy Switch FTW.

wow dude i just read your post about the pixies line.. idk what to say lol. 1 azelf LA that just doesn't work, you're taking the risk of prizing 1 of him + a lv x.. that's an autoloss right there. yes azelf MT is great in the mirror and he is a great starter, but come on - you have to start with him (2/10 chance since AMU should have 10 basics) for the attack to be even good. plus you want to turn the azelf LA into azelf lv x.. not him.. here is what i would run:

Azelf: 1 MT 2 LA 1 X
Mesprit: 1 MT 2 LA 1 X
Uxie: 3 LA 1 X

MT uxie is terrible.. anyone who thinks 30 + sleep is good is an idiot..and the power is a joke.

Level Xing MT Azelf is a better idea. Keeps Downer Material in effect.

Ouch. An idiot? People sure can be harsh with their words around here.

30+ Sleep isn't game breaking, but frankly, it's better than half the attacks in AMU. Mid-game, if you're not God Blasting, or Zen Blading, what will you use? Extrasensory? Bind Pulse? Teleportation Burst? Psychic Restore? Lock up?

Memory Out is actually fairly useful against spread decks like Frolass, or anything that can't retreat easily.

It may be a good idea to run 2/3 pickup if you have room, but I'm with you on this. Coin flips have a nasty habit of never working for you when you need them the most.

Energy Switch FTW.

I do have a few spaces remaining. I guess running a Pickup or two couldn't hurt. I hate when flips go against me.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

(not in response to leafeon discussion) YES BUT.... Benched need energy as well, and if you rob that from them, by the the time Mesprit
gets knocked out, your benched pokemon will be high dry on energy. energy switch ISN'T the
best, I tried it, and I LOST... Energy pick up, even with the 50% chance, still works a **** load
better, and I win with it.

You're winning with Energy Pickup because you got lucky.

If Energy Switch is hurting you, you're not playing it right.

If you take an Energy from Azelf, would Azelf really miss it? It has a 1 Energy attack.

If your focus is to do 200 every turn, you're playing AMU wrong.

But hey, it's your deck.

Last edited:
lol @ "idiot" offending you.. ooo such a bad word lol

and umm.. nah dude sorry; you lv x the LA ones so after they die in battle, you night maintenance and get their power back. it's that simple =)

vs kingdra, mesprit is ALL YOU USE. in fact kingdra is basically the only reason pluspower is even decent in this deck... extrasensory + pluspower to OHKO their seadras.. meh even after that i still dont think its worth it lol. but umm yeah, expect 1-2 kingdras by t3. azelf is useless in the kingdra matchup, uxie is useless, you need to god blast. in fact, expect your mesprit X to go down after you kill the first kingdra, so you have another for backup. energy patch is the only way you're powering these up bro ;/

and wow.. froslass.. joke post? and WOW @ you calling extrasensory a joke attack. amu is like half trainers which means you burn your hand all you want and can get your hand size even to theirs. wow that's just dumb to say 30 + sleep is better than 1/2 AMU's attacks. wow.. just wow

"If your focus is to do 200 every turn, you're playing AMU wrong." <- you're right, but apparently your plan is to be doing 30 + sleep > 200 lmaooo

lol @ "idiot" offending you.. ooo such a bad word lol

and umm.. nah dude sorry; you lv x the LA ones so after they die in battle, you night maintenance and get their power back. it's that simple =)

vs kingdra, mesprit is ALL YOU USE. in fact kingdra is basically the only reason pluspower is even decent in this deck... extrasensory + pluspower to OHKO their seadras.. meh even after that i still dont think its worth it lol. but umm yeah, expect 1-2 kingdras by t3. azelf is useless in the kingdra matchup, uxie is useless, you need to god blast. in fact, expect your mesprit X to go down after you kill the first kingdra, so you have another for backup. energy patch is the only way you're powering these up bro ;/

and wow.. froslass.. joke post? and WOW @ you calling extrasensory a joke attack. amu is like half trainers which means you burn your hand all you want and can get your hand size even to theirs. wow that's just dumb to say 30 + sleep is better than 1/2 AMU's attacks. wow.. just wow

"If your focus is to do 200 every turn, you're playing AMU wrong." <- you're right, but apparently your plan is to be doing 30 + sleep > 200 lmaooo

You couldn't just apologize? "Idiot" is sorta offensive. You're just being plain arrogant.

Why would you need to use Time Walk again? Psychic Bind, sure, but Time Walk?

Extrasensory is a very situational attack. Your opponent controls how much damage you can do. Who says their hand is smaller than yours? You use Plus-Power? That's original. You want to OHKO Seadras? Why? Isn't Kingdra the threat?

I've already made my point regarding Energy Pickup. If it fails, you die.

Frolass is a good spread that can wreak havoc on AMU. Not a joke.

30+ Sleep for 1 can stall. Look at the alternatives. Lock Up is near useless. Psychic Restore is only good for recycling Uxie. Bind Pulse does 10. Teleportation Burst is overpriced. Extrasensory is, as I said, situational. That leaves Supreme Blast, Deep Balance, and Zen Blade.

Not trying to do 30+ sleep a turn. It is an option, however. Uxie MT adds another dimension to the deck.

But, I suppose it really depends on how you play the deck I suppose. You seem to want an all out offensive with Mesprit Lv.X. Suit yourself.

Last edited:
you fail at deckbuilding, i'm not gonna waste any more time on this one

also i love how you think i was calling you an idiot.. learn to read

you fail at deckbuilding, i'm not gonna waste any more time on this one

also i love how you think i was calling you an idiot.. learn to read
You're probably right.

Besides, it seems that Manaphy Trainer prefers your advice anyway. You did make top 5 at worlds, after all. What do I know...

I thought you were calling me an idiot. I must have misinterpreted your post.

Reading... Yes, I'll work on that.

Edit: Hmm... Actually Uxie MT doesn't stop Frolass. It places counters. :p That sucks.

I guess I learned a few things from this argument. Memory Out is nearly useless. :(

Last edited:
lol dude i hate when people suck up to me for being 5th at worlds >_> you don't have to do that lmao

memory out is useless though yes, and trust me extrasensory is a great attack you should use alot. btw both switch AND patch are good, just patch is first priority if you can only fit 1 (i'm trying to fit 4 of each in my list though theyre amazing lol) . i never said switch is bad >_<

OK, I decided to run both energy switch and energy pickup, my deck works great now... I thank
everyone who helped me fix my deck, and helping me PWN people... hehehe... memory out saved me
so many times....

Hahaha, this tread has many interesting comments...

Memory out useless... Gimmie a break man! I pretty much died laughing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back