Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Sad to say this about Super Smash Bros

The Knee: Wrong. Metaknight is not the best by any means whatsoever, and no there is no way they will ban him from competitive scenes. Snake is his peer in what is called S-Tier. The two of them stand above everyone else, because of tourney results, they ARE NOT TIERS PEOPLE!! There is no official tier set to date, so please do not say that so and so is top tier. A tier has not yet been decided. The only "tier" if I must, that we can base off of is the recent results of tournament winners, the majority of them Snake and Metaknight players. For example, Peach was recently up'd from a D "tier" to B because of one player winning a few tournaments around his area. Just because this one player plays Peach, she has received notice of other local players, making this game waaaay more balanced than Melee, where the only two characters worth noting were Falco and Fox. They completely destroy anyone below them in tiers, and have the closest matches in terms of who delivers the killing blow for the win.

As a note to all, there will be no banning of any character whatsoever. All the results of wins will eventually become tiers, but a tier is nothing more than a guideline. I have no difficulty beating a "pro" Snake with my Peach. And yes, pros do exist in this game. What you may consider is not pro, may be a completely different aspect in some else's eyes. You say there are no pros in Brawl it is because this game is still fairly new to the age of competitive gaming. It will obtain it's pros in due time, after all, Melee was not born with tiers, just as Brawl will not be either. I intend on becoming a pro player if I can. Do not label this game as a "fail" until a few years into the games existence. It sounds to me like perhaps this entire thread was just a misconception or a huge and very misguided assumption that because this game is still fairly new with no guidelines that it's not a good competitive game. Give it time.

Here:
If you think this is a tier list, you are a fool.
This is merely an interpretation of tournament results, organized into ranks. Your opinions don't matter when it comes to character placement, only tournament placings do.
*: Meta Knight
S: Snake
A: Wario, Falco, King Dedede, Mr. Game & Watch
B: (Marth, Lucario), (ROB, Diddy Kong), (Kirby, Pikachu, Peach)
C: Olimar, (Wolf, Pit), Donkey Kong
D: (Ice Climbers, Pokémon Trainer), Zelda/Sheik, (Zero Suit Samus, Mario, Fox, Luigi, Toon Link)
E: (Zelda, Bowser, Yoshi, Ike, Link), (Samus, Ness), (Lucas, Jigglypuff, Sheik), (Ganondorf, Sonic), Captain Falcon

A direct result from a site updated on a daily basis. As you see, this is not a tier list. Right now, Metaknight is in a state of debate, which is why he is * not S.
*=Debateable
S=Uber
A=Overused
B=Standard
C=Borderline
D=Underused
E=Never Used

This is again not set in stone. This site is basing "tiers" off of tournament results until a actual tier can be decided. Just thought I'd share this with all.

Last edited:
Nintendo sucks with anything to do with online play

I honestly don't see how this statement can even be thought of as true. Mario Kart is a great game online with virtually no lag and very little issues to ask about. It may be true 97% of the time, but Mario Kart Wii has no problems with its online whatsoever.

Brawl was made to be a much slower and much less competitive oriented game than Melee was. A lot of MLG and great melee players are disappointed with Brawl because they thought they were getting a shift to their expansion and more characters and possible counterpicks. They were rewarded with slower pased gameplay with no noticable in game glitches, or amusing techs like L-cancelling or Wavedashing. I do see some people on campus able to make use of some character's quirks, but ironically, those characters WITH the quirks are on the high tier. (Snake, for instance)

This games competitive base is suffering from the Soul Calibur 3 syndrome. The previous game was far better, but everyone plays the new one instead because it is the new one. MK really can be picked up by anybody and there really is no fluid counters to him. You can't compare him to Gardevoir/Gallade because GG actually had some bad matchups to him. Meta Knight has no bad matchups, no notable weaknesses or problems in his game play at a higher level. He can't just be picked up competitively by anybody, seeing as I've had little trouble beating him at my level of play (I'm at about the base of competitive play. I can beat some higher leveled players, but not the best.), but if I were to go and try to beat the best in Ohio (Vidjogamer), he'd probably walk all over me without a second thought. At a high level of play like that, Meta Knight is virtually unstoppable, the same way that Akuma was unstoppable in SF. This proves there is an imbalance in the game. Melee's tiers changed constantly. Falco and Fox were not always top tier. Marth, Shiek, Falcon, Peach, Doc, so many different characters saw top tier and it shifted so often that it wasn't as unbalanced as everyone made it out to be. Eddie might always be S tier in Guilty Gear, but the tier list in Guilty Gear is much different than most, that the game is more rewarding to equal players. A D tier I-no player could match up with an S tier Eddie player, it would just require a ton more effort to win the match.

Soul Calibur has Cervantes and Xianghua on the top, but they don't just fluidly dominate all comers, they have their weaknesses and can be beaten.

Thats the difference here. Brawl was made for casual play. It has two god characters on the top, and since Sakurai is making no attempt to patch the game, it will probably remain this way until SSB4 (which will probably be even worse) or until someone finds out how to waveshinedashdanceshieldcancel. (I made that up..) and they have no good matchups. This isn't scrub mentality, its plain and simple truth. At a higher level of play, MK is unstoppable. At a casual level, yeah, he's beatable, but heck will have frozen over if you can beat him at a big tournament.

Brawl is a great casual game, but it will not reach that level of high competitive play that Melee had any time soon. I'm all cool for one on ones in brawl, but don't expect me or many others to take the game seriously.

Wow Naki, well spoken. However I do simply for reasons of my own, do disagree with this game never reaching a competitive aspect. Sure, there is no sure counter pick against MK, but if you can really get down the character you play as, you have more of a chance at beating him then just picking someone from the higher "tiers" just to try and beat him. I can play MK to a competitive aspect, and I can play mostly anyone from MK down to C "tier", and yet I have little to no problem keeping up with the competitive edge MKs out here. We have some unheard of gamers out here with some true potential to be MLG IMHO, myself I also believe I could make it to MLG for some games such as Capcom vs SNK2, GGACXX, and Brawl as well. Like I said above, give it a year or two, it will pick up. And a lot of characters have perks, they will be found with time, give the pros some patience.

Well after picking up Mario Kart, its a nice game, but who thought in a million years a Wii game would have hacks, yes...Mario Kart Wii has hacks.

I wonder if Brawl has been hacked?

I am speaking for online now.

brawl is not good competitive, its a fun game, the game wasnt meant to be directed at competitiveness anyways

melee is faster, more intense, and competitve

brawl is just for those who wanna play a smash game laid back

and there are no tiers yet in brawl, its just only those characters that won toruneys

their are tiers in brawl, but the tiers are split into 2 different tiers.

1 = Online Tier
1 = Offline Tier

Both of the list I have seen is way different then one could expect, when I seen it, I immediately thought.........that makes sense when I looked at it, because the online tiers for characters listed at the top was the ones I was not playing, Ike which is a character I played most often before I started getting into it with Marth, was at mid level tier.

Even though after all of that, The Offline tournaments is the only thing that matters in brawl or any competitive setting you throw at brawl anyway.

I never have liked players like Gimpy and all, they have won tournaments (ones I thought were bias tourneys anyway) offline, the minute those pros hit online, they got beat constantly. Maybe their is something to online play being a joke, afterall with the lag brawl has, you cant time anything accurately which throws out the purpose.

Exactly, I don't want to be sore because I missed a key move just because of lag, which happens in most games, even if you don't notice it. Since a lot of games run at 60 frames per second, even losing one of those frames due to lag is key.

yeah it is.

its near impossible to time anything because actually online in brawl, you are playing with constant lag. Most of that is contributed to Button lag, that alone makes it where you cant time anything right.

When I play online its like the entire game controls me, where instead of me playing to the fast pace I want to play, I am more forced to play to pace of the game itself, its just not working out.

Melee has a quote for it, which is why I stopped playing it. "He who plays like a true vag wins." And of course it's true. Melee involves the abuse of one simple minded strategy with each given character, showing absolutely no originality, no mercy to those below the said character in tiers, and a reason to hate the competitive nature of the game itself. Melee sucks hands down, unless you really enjoy Marth spamming his backwards wave dash forward C-stick combo the entire match, or pillaring Falcos who camp with the SHLs. Pick your poison I guess.

Can someone show me videos of Wario and why he is really good? I have never been able to use him succesfully and I'd love to watch the strategies involving him. Thanks!

Brawl is not a bad game just a bad fighting game. it is vastly different then melee. melee followed a bunch of standards you can find in many other fighting games. but brawl is totally different. if your looking for a fighting game don 't play brawl but if you want a good time or just to have fun with friends brawl is perfect for that

Brawl is not a bad game just a bad fighting game. it is vastly different then melee. melee followed a bunch of standards you can find in many other fighting games. but brawl is totally different. if your looking for a fighting game don 't play brawl but if you want a good time or just to have fun with friends brawl is perfect for that

How is brawl a good game, but not a good fighting game?
It is a fighting game, and if it's good, it's going to be good, for the fighting. -.-

What standards are you talking about exactly? And how are they not in brawl?

Could someone explain to me why Snake is an Uber character? I read earlier that he has a "quirk" or "glitch" but I haven't seen him played all that well...

Could someone explain to me why Snake is an Uber character? I read earlier that he has a "quirk" or "glitch" but I haven't seen him played all that well...
Lets see.

His tilts are over powered and fast, especially his up tilt. The 'glitch' you are probably talking about is his sliding mortar, where he slides across the stage while using his up smash.
That's pretty much the broken parts, but also add in the fact that he has mad mind games if played right, with his mines and grenades and etc.

For starters, all of his attacks have really high knock back. Because the game is slow now, characters like snake can do well and with that thing he does, make hem really broken because all hes does is spam.

I played Snake and hated it because he is so cheap. I beat a good player with Diddy and Snake and it was my first time playing them.

Back