Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Luxray-NEED HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scizor5000

I'm trying out a Luxray deck. I know it needs energy acceleration, but I can't make anything work.

Pokemon: 15

4-2-4 Luxray LA
1 Rayquaza
2-2 Claydol

Trainers: 28

4 Bebe
3 Roseanne
2 Felicity's
4 Candy
2 Warp point
3 Energy Pickup
4 Energy Switch
4 PP
2 NM

Energy: 17

9 :lightning
4 :fire:
4 Call

Strategy: Get out Luxray ASAP, the more you have the better. Quaza's for getting back discarded energys, and use E. Switch to get them on Luxray. Fire are in for attacking with Quaza and for "Shock Absorbers"

Any ideas?

Last edited:
I went 4-1 at battleroads over the weekend and made the finals, but misplayed so was out first round of final 4. My lineup for pokes is
4-3-4 Luxray
1 Chatot
1 Azelf
1 Azelf Lv. X

this worked really well against most decks. The Azelf worked awesome to snipe against a Magnezone X deck, and also helped me in a mirror match. I really like it

I play this myself, I use:
4-1-3 Luxray (DP/PoP8 Luxio)
2-2 Claydol
1 Rayquaza
1 Uxie

4 Quick Ball
4 Pokedex
4 Candy
4 Bebe's
4 Wager
4 Energy Switch
3 Rosseanes
3 Switch
2 Night Maintaince

5 Fire
9 Electric

Went 5-1, 4-2, and 3-1 at various BR's.

Rhyperior is a hard matchup for this if ya let him get setup, but you should outspeed him by far, and the resistance is only -20, meaning you 2shot him with Plasma/Shock Bolt. Your gonna lose a couple Luxrays, but its going to be much harder for the Rhyp player to get moving agian, from my experiance in that matchup. This isnt to say that its easy, I would probably give Rhyperior 70/30 vs Luxray, but it can be done.

-4 call, +1 fire, +1 lightning, +1 Energy Pickup, +1 Roseanne's. Turn 1 recharge is the goal of the deck so you're probably not going to be using call that often. And the speed and consistency of the other cards you get from subtracting call is just too important.

I want to go on record with similar experiance but differant results. I tried Electivire for about a dozen games, but I found the ability to hit out of nowhere for 150 with Rayquaza to way outweigh the limited increase in "Consistancy" that 'vire gives. At the same time, Ray is faster, and has saved me when I needed that energy NOW, so I Bebe's the Ray, hit speed gain, and bam, as opposed to 'vire, where you can Bebe's the 'Buzz, but your left hanging another turn.

@drue-corey: Sounds good. Unfortunately, I don't have a Azelf X, but I'll try it. =)

@Shuckle: Sounds great, only thing is why have only 3 Rays? and would a Uxie X help? What about PP? Otherwise great list, thanks.

@TeamOG: No, this deck is not centered around beating Kingdra. It's just supposed to be fast and strong.

@slayer-chaos: Oh yes, forgot about that. But what if you get a Baltoy start? Seems like call would help then.

@Tavish: I agree with Shuckle, I prefer Quaza to vire. Faster and 150 when in need.

Thanks a lot everyone. :thumb:

I want to go on record with similar experiance but differant results. I tried Electivire for about a dozen games, but I found the ability to hit out of nowhere for 150 with Rayquaza to way outweigh the limited increase in "Consistancy" that 'vire gives. At the same time, Ray is faster, and has saved me when I needed that energy NOW, so I Bebe's the Ray, hit speed gain, and bam, as opposed to 'vire, where you can Bebe's the 'Buzz, but your left hanging another turn.

suit yourself but vire is better im tellin yah

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

with rayquaza its power doesnt work if there is another rayquaza on the bench so you're relying on that coin flip man when with electivire its guaranteed and the electivire lv x comes in handy man

Last edited:
Yes I know Vire would be helpful, but there isn't enough room and it would be another evo line. I don't have time to set that up when I'm trying to T2 them.

with luxray + vire and ray I went undefeted but i was late so i couldnt tie break. it was really aggravating
you need more draw cards just 2 isnt enough even with claydol.

@Zathaz: You used Quaza and Vire? How does that work? Also, what other draw cards does it need?

@neb27: Any reason why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back