Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Sad to say this about Super Smash Bros

You guys realize that just having items on doesn't mean ALL of them are on. IIRC, the reason items were turned off in Melee was because of the random capsule explosions, which you can avoid now by turning off capsules. :/

Duh items like a Bomb-omb, Hammer, Heart Container, and Smash Ball are unbalanced. But having problems with the fan? The Franklin Badge? A smokeball? A Fire Flower? Seriously? *sigh*

You guys realize that just having items on doesn't mean ALL of them are on. IIRC, the reason items were turned off in Melee was because of the random capsule explosions, which you can avoid now by turning off capsules. :/

Duh items like a Bomb-omb, Hammer, Heart Container, and Smash Ball are unbalanced. But having problems with the fan? The Franklin Badge? A smokeball? A Fire Flower? Seriously? *sigh*

Did you just mention the fan as not cheap? ahahaha
Someone can get you from 0 to over 100% using a fan.

Main point of our current discussion:
People who want to play seriously play with no items.
People who want to play for fun, play with items.

Why are we still talking about this?

Main point of the discussion:
People are very closed-minded and can't deal with items. If 2 people want to play with items, they should be allowed to.

Main point of the discussion:
People are very closed-minded and can't deal with items. If 2 people want to play with items, they should be allowed to.

If two people want to play with items they should be able to but, in a tournament where they give you the option to use items and both people agree to it fine but, in most tournaments, they do give the option because if you want to use them and your opponent does not want to, items wont be used. Now the items are really broken and really one sided so they are no fun to use competitively.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

The fan and the fire flower are the most broken items in the game. The fan can get a cheap like Juan said and the fire flower is broken now because you can move with them and edge hog with it. The Franklin Badge stops most characters like fox and diddy so no one uses it and the smokeball no one uses because people rather not fight blindly.

As long as a item is on, the capsule are on and we will have to deal with the random capsule explosions which no one wants to deal with it. People just turn the items off and thats that. If you play for fun then use items but, those are tournament rules and rules that competitive players follow and if you play a competitive player, those are the rules you will mostly follow unless they feel really sorry and want to give you a chance.

Oh and the game does not set what items come out so the really broken ones have the same chance of coming out as a less powerful item.

Last edited:
If two people want to play with items they should be able to but, in a tournament where they give you the option to use items and both people agree to it fine but, in most tournaments, they do give the option because if you want to use them and your opponent does not want to, items wont be used. Now the items are really broken and really one sided so they are no fun to use competitively.

The fan and the fire flower are the most broken items in the game. The fan can get a cheap like Juan said and the fire flower is broken now because you can move with them and edge hog with it. The Franklin Badge stops most characters like fox and diddy so no one uses it and the smokeball no one uses because people rather not fight blindly.

As long as a item is on, the capsule are on and we will have to deal with the random capsule explosions which no one wants to deal with it. People just turn the items off and thats that. If you play for fun then use items but, those are tournament rules and rules that competitive players follow and if you play a competitive player, those are the rules you will mostly follow unless they feel really sorry and want to give you a chance.

Oh and the game does not set what items come out so the really broken ones have the same chance of coming out as a less powerful item.

I play for fun and don't use items.

I just don't like randomly exploding because a bomb fell into my smash, or having my opponent ALWAYS get the items because they use someone fast. Using any of the medium to slow charicters for 5min. against a good pikachu player with the items turned on. I can promise you that after that you will NEVER want them on again. Pika > all for snatching items.

An official tier has been formed for Brawl recently. Metaknight is now in his own tier, above Snake and the rest. Players realized that any counter to Snake is completely destroyed by Metaknight, his neutral B has mass priority, his approaches are all covered in DPS and some minor priority, he has insta-moves for kill hits (Insta-moves for those uneducated are moves with virtually no lag or even a beginning absence of a hit-box) he has 2 glides to abuse, his recovery Up B can also be used for killing, and his combos require little to no effort to perform. Metaknight truly stands in a league of his own for now, at least until our pros begin finding things to be abused against him. Btw, reason for Sonic being so low tier is because his attacks carry almost no priority, no abusive physics, his approach is horrid, and his frame is light. And also, if people are beating MK with Ike as I saw earlier, I'm rather terrified at how bad they must be as players, if they aren't computers that is. If you need an example on how a true MK plays, play me.

My Sonic is anything but low tier. Its not about cheap characters all the time. My Sonic can fight MK and win. Its just I don't like fighting him because he is so cheap.

To stupid people: Reason why it lags is because either your or the other player has a bad internet connection...

My Sonic is anything but low tier. Its not about cheap characters all the time. My Sonic can fight MK and win. Its just I don't like fighting him because he is so cheap.

The thing is that a equally skilled MK player vs an equally skilled Sonic player is whats assumed when creating a tier list. You can say all day that you can beat all the noobs with Ganondorf versus their whatever, but it doesn't matter if there not equally skilled.

Also TheDoctor- thats not the kind of lag there talking about.some moves take more time to perform than others when the button command is pressed, so they are deemed laggy.

i agree with everything you say bullet my frend keeps beating me at brawl with ike while i use marth because he keeps spamming a side and b up

You really don't need to spam with Ike. Heck, his standard A can combo with various attacks!
But yeah, Brawl seems more spam able, but Ike can be countered. So I think you should play better with Marth.

Back