Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

4 Virginia Stormfront prereleases

yeah its rough to justify the price for these in the end. WHen you include gas, its made crazy. I can order a box for like 85, split it with 4 friends and get 9 packs a piece for 21$ so meh.

Ror

yeah its rough to justify the price for these in the end. WHen you include gas, its made crazy. I can order a box for like 85, split it with 4 friends and get 9 packs a piece for 21$ so meh.

Ror

yep and you dont have to worry about getting bad luck and wasting all your money

Thanks, Steven! Folks, I understand that the economy is not good right now, but please understand that the purpose of this thread is NOT to tell the pokegym why you're not going to prereleases. If you feel the need to do this, kindly start a separate thread. If you DO attend a pre, you will get a good deal in terms of cards, (although no LvL X promises, sorry, William!) some usable item (sleeves), a collectible/usable item (stamped promo card) and a lot of fun! (and doorprizes, too!)

Now, if you really just want to stay home and read beach spoilers, we'll miss you, but I do understand. Personally though (and I felt this long before I became a PTO) there is something neat about seeing the "real" cards before most other people. I have always found it easier to identify new combos from real cards as opposed to spoilers. But then again, maybe that's why I'm so bad at the game!!

The Washingtons are not going to ALL the PreReleases this time around.

1 - We hit like all FOUR preReleases last time and didn't pull a single LvX .. (we ended up just buying 2 boxes just to get the cards we needed .. do the math.. and grimmace accordingly)

2 - We're just gonna invest in a box or two so WE KNOW we'll get a couple of LvXs this time around because...

Washington's + 4 prereleases = ($75 x 3) x 4 events
that's $300 for registration + ($50 gas/food ea. trip x4) = $500
add 2 boxes @ $90 ea. = $680 ... whoa!

So... I'm thinkin' .. we're doin' ONE .. and that's about it...

Whoa! Since when were prereleases $75 per person?!

Word nerd is probably overstepping his bounds here, but it's 4(25 x 3)=300 . Good catch, Azure_kite.

Having the cards before the release injects an odd trading dynamic at league. It's amazing how fast the new cards are trading among the league players.

I would also like to point out that we are approaching $3.00 at the gas pump again *yay!*

Currently for Fairfax:
Flight 1: 6
Flight 2: 2
TDC F1: 2

The list has a funny way of filling up quickly in the last couple of days. If you know you are definitely going to be at Fairfax, get your name on the last.

I called Hobby works, and the guy who answered said he had no info about the pre-registration. :nonono: I'll just register at league of Sunday.

We are excited in Warrenton to be hosting a PR. To all attending - PLEASE BRING A CHAIR or two or more. We have plenty of tables. PS - Gas at WAWA in Gainesville this evening is $2.59!!!!

Let me be clear...

EVERYONE SHOULD TRY TO ATTEND, at least, ONE Prerelease.

I, merely, said that we can't attend ALL FOUR of them (this time!)

The Washington's are DEFINATELY going to, at least, one.

BECAUSE...

1. People are always like "WHOA!!! Where'd you get THOSE SLEEVES MAN ?!!!"...
and, then, I'm like "Official prerelease... you don't have them.. you're not official ...
* then I hold up RC handsign and walk away hollerin' "FREE SWALOT!" ...*

2. It's an exciting experience for the kids. We try to bring along a couple of local kids and they're STILL asking "when is there going to be another prerelease?" ... it really is great to see pure enjoyment in a child's eyes. With all of the instant gratification offered from a varitey of electronic entertainment... you can't beat a game that is reading and math intensive that is ACTUALLY being ENJOYED by children...

3. Braggin Rights. You just sound SO official when you tell the newbies. "We got one of those at the Prerelease" You're like a Poke GOD for 5 minutes... they marvel in amazement because you've gone to a SPECIAL event... ahahaa

4. Experience. Life is enriched by experiences. Experiences make the diference between a holistically developed human and a shallow Hal.

5. Support your hobby. Big attendance means they'll be more events to look forward to....

So... it's, basically, a family requirement that we attend at least one.

I'm thinking that, if we go north, then the RC prerelease would be from a DIFFERENT paycheck! so... Warrenton & RC maybe? ... don't know...

THERE'S A THOUGHT.... 1st & Last one are from TWO DIFFERENT PAYCHECKS !

Last edited:
Wow, here I am about to post my prereleases and I've been beaten by Shadow Card!!

Can I declare Shenanigans??

Actually, a few corrections:
Lunch breaks WILL be at all locations EXCEPT Fairfax to allow for fight 2 to start on time!

Warrenton MAY want preregistration--I'll check with Mary I.

I expect to do the TDC at Fairfax and Warrenton ONLY(first weekend of pre's)

There is a Hardee's and a Papa Johns a stone's throw from Comic Kings in VA Beach (King Comics??)

Aha, Tim! Line up your facts!

Back