Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2008-10-20 Mightyena LA 066/146

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting first attack. Tempting to squeeze in as an ultra deterant for all those mewtwo lv x AMU players etc...

7.5/10

:)

First time I've ever been first EVER :)

...is it really that much to be first? I used to be first quite a few times long long ago, doesn't matter...

Anyways, Mightyena is a fairly interesting card. 90 HP is average for a Stage 1, +20 Weakness to Fighting is ok since Fighting isn't huge, -20 Resistance to Psychic is nice, and 1 Energy for a Retreat Cost is good. Bite On is the main reason for using Mightyena; it deals a solid 30 damage for 1 Dark Energy, and if the defending Pokemon isn't evolved, they cannot retreat, attack, use Powers, etc. during their next turn. This single-handedly counters AMU's biggest threat, Mewtwo Lv X, making it a worthy option in AMU decks. Mightyena himself also counters AMU itself and the (soon to be) new SP Pokemon from Galactic Conquest. Harass is Mightyena's other attack, dealing 10x the number of Pokemon you have in play for 2 Colorless Energy; generally, you'll never bother with this attack, unless you've had spare energy to power this attack up or the opposing Pokemon is in KO range.

Modified - 7/10 (Solid counter to some of the more popular cards, but is a tech at best, not something to build a deck around)
Limited - 10/10 (Great card, can stall nicely with Bite On since getting Stage 1s or 2s in Limited is hard)
Unlimited - 1.5/10 (No real use except against the odd haymaker)

Really nice. He'll find a spot in my decks if SP pokes get big. For now, he's a great in UMA against UMA. He's also goot against groudon, even though he's weak to him. Even better, he's uncommon, so he's easy to get!

8/10 if used at a tech and played right.
5/10 if you try to center a deck around him. He's not strong enough to be a main attacker.

its not hard to get around :(

nto that great, even ifu use it aginst amu or mewtwo, its only 30 damage, but not a bad tech

5.5/10

Good against Mewtwo or AMU, but I was iffy to run it as my Mewtwo tech when I ran AMU, because of the Unown G they could attach which would be an auto-loss for me.

7/10

...is it really that much to be first? I used to be first quite a few times long long ago, doesn't matter...

Anyways, Mightyena is a fairly interesting card. 90 HP is average for a Stage 1, +20 Weakness to Fighting is ok since Fighting isn't huge, -20 Resistance to Psychic is nice, and 1 Energy for a Retreat Cost is good. Bite On is the main reason for using Mightyena; it deals a solid 30 damage for 1 Dark Energy, and if the defending Pokemon isn't evolved, they cannot retreat, attack, use Powers, etc. during their next turn. This single-handedly counters AMU's biggest threat, Mewtwo Lv X, making it a worthy option in AMU decks. Mightyena himself also counters AMU itself and the (soon to be) new SP Pokemon from Galactic Conquest. Harass is Mightyena's other attack, dealing 10x the number of Pokemon you have in play for 2 Colorless Energy; generally, you'll never bother with this attack, unless you've had spare energy to power this attack up or the opposing Pokemon is in KO range.

Modified - 7/10 (Solid counter to some of the more popular cards, but is a tech at best, not something to build a deck around)
Limited - 10/10 (Great card, can stall nicely with Bite On since getting Stage 1s or 2s in Limited is hard)
Unlimited - 1.5/10 (No real use except against the odd haymaker)

Funny thing this card is a POWER HOUSE with darkrai and a full bench!

I've been running this as of 2 weeks now and it has never failed
9.9/10

It's an ok card, but not very good IMO. People say to use it againsed AMU/Mewtwo. But the problem is that once Mightyena KOs the Pokemon, the opponent will usualy then bring something up and OHKO Mightyena. And for the people that only tech in a 1-1 line, it'll just mean a free prize for each player. That and the fact the Warp Point/Switch/Unown G make it almost compleatly useless. And with all of the stage 2 Pokemon that're being used now, it's even more useless. It can be good it a Darkrai Lv.X based deck though.

As a tech I give it a 4/10
In a dark based deck with Darkrai Lv.X I give it an 8/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back