Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Char-line Secret Rares Confirmed!

Yeah, that was the going rate at my PR, since we saw one of each and we only opened 3 boxes (18 players).

Of course, the box I opened for judging was not so lucky :mad::mad::frown::nonono:

Why doesn't anybody else see how awful this is for the player? When you buy a box, won't you be just a little annoyed that you got a shining Pokemon and a Charmander instead of that Raichu and Dusknoir X you were hoping for?

They don't take the place of a Level X.
The boxes that I've seen have had 2 Level X, one of the Char line, and usually (not always) a Shining.

Char's attack and Body are improved from the original.
Discard 2 energy instead of energy cards and the Energy Burn is automatic and can't be turned off by SCs.

The boxes that I've seen have had 2 Level X, one of the Char line, and usually (not always) a Shining.

We had a player at ours that pulled Shiny Drif and Charmeleon from the same pack - honest, I watched him do it.

Sad to see the secret Zard line was not that big of a secret. I saw 3 Zards, 2 Charmeleons, and 2 Charmanders pulled at a 24 player event.

Yeah, they seem almost as even as Japanese boxes. Almost all the boxes I saw had 2 Lv. Xs and a Char.

Last edited:
Sad to see the secret Zard line was not that big of a secret.

Y'know, thanks to the post elsewhere about them NOT being in the set, I think that was helpful, but the surprise was out for most people who follow the TCG online by Fri PM. I think it would have gone undetected except for that eBay trader.

I'm assuming that these are insanely rare.
We had the same amount of these pulled at our PR as we did LVL X's...

Why doesn't anybody else see how awful this is for the player? When you buy a box, won't you be just a little annoyed that you got a shining Pokemon and a Charmander instead of that Raichu and Dusknoir X you were hoping for?
That would annoy me, but traders would be quite willing to swap I imagine..

more like Charizard+Heatran=FTL your water weakness is sick but more power to you

I'm happy to see these cards in the set it's just another thing to extort collectors for

I also wonder if this means in the following set they will release the base set Hitmonchan, base set Electabuzz, and jungle Scyther.

who want to make a prediction list for the set after Galactic's Conquest?

My predictions are:
Jungle - Wigglytuff
Jungle - Mr. Mime
Fossil - Aerodactyl
Na, I say they release the full Squirtle or Bulbasaur set from the Base set next :p
Still, it would make SW Bulbasaur obsolete...

In a box we found: 2 Lv X's, 1 Char, 1 Shiny Pokemon. The Shinies and the Char's do not replace Lv. X's, they replace Holo Rares and Rev. Holos in packs.

We had the same amount of these pulled at our PR as we did LVL X's...

That would annoy me, but traders would be quite willing to swap I imagine..

Na, I say they release the full Squirtle or Bulbasaur set from the Base set next :p
Still, it would make SW Bulbasaur obsolete...

Well the only reason for my vote that way is because the char line was the best deck then then when jungle came out it was hitmonchan, scyther, and electabuzz. which are the predicted cards in galactic's conquest. so they have something to do with the most popular of there time. So that's why I voted these but i still think they will reprint those based on a educated guess.

Yeah Base Charizard was never, ever a competitive, viable option. Hitmonchan/Buzz were good and got better when scyther came out. Blastoise was always good and damage swap was viable as well, but sadly zard was only played in "less competitive" decks, such as Venuzard.

Is 20 more HP and 10 more :fighting: resistance worth an unmanagable retreat cost, heavier attack cost and losing a great poké-power? Oh and it's stage 2 lol I think that makes Moltres better.

Back