Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Bonds to the end of time scanlations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far I am not impressed with the SP mechanic. I thought Basic version of evolved Pokemon was a lame idea when Pokemon * were out, and now they have expanded it why? I would rather see Ralts 4 and Kirlia 4 then just one Gallade 4. Seems making everything basic is just a short cut so that they do not have to make up so many new cards.

Look at Rapidash SP, except for the 80 HP, everything else about it would be lame for a Ponyta, so why put what would be bad attacks on a regular basic and put it on an SP pokemon?

So far I am not impressed with the SP mechanic. I thought Basic version of evolved Pokemon was a lame idea when Pokemon * were out, and now they have expanded it why? I would rather see Ralts 4 and Kirlia 4 then just one Gallade 4. Seems making everything basic is just a short cut so that they do not have to make up so many new cards.

I am going to have to agree with that. The SP Pokemon disappoint me like the Pokemon* also.

At least my Mewtwo deck sitting in my attic will be playable.:tongue:

-iFroslass out

The pokemon SP mechanic is even more retarded than the whole delta species arc was.
And I was starting to like this format so much....

I guess the gym leader fan in me always liked the fact that the rocket's pokes always were basic so part of me is glad the sp pokemon are this way,but they tend to leave alot desired when you stack em against rocket's sycther,hitmonchan and moltres as examples.

oh well,at least another raichu LOL

I'm so confused. Do the SP-only trainers work on the 4 and other pokes as well, or just the G ones? X_x

Given the fact that Gallade gets TGI (Team Galactic's Invention) support is what makes him amazing. Poketurn is a non-supporter Briney, it's attacks only cost 1 or 2 after Energy Gain is attached, and supporting starters like Toxicroak or Honchkrow G help set up Power Spray to lock powers. Not to mention with Snowpoint the Lv X has 120 HP along with Poketurn to reuse the Lv X's power.

Gallade and the Lv. X are easily the best cards in this set so far.

Oh so they do get to use the cards. I take back my statement about gallade being bad. However, luxury only gets even more insane (60 and 30 bench for 1? gust of wind every other turn? X_x). Flygon is still the best card in the set though.

Oh so they do get to use the cards. I take back my statement about gallade being bad. However, luxury only gets even more insane (60 and 30 bench for 1? gust of wind every other turn? X_x). Flygon is still the best card in the set though.

... You realize that Luxray hits YOUR bench, not the opponent's, right?

60 and 30 bench for 1?

Well yes, but the bench is your own bench.

The speed is only thing keeping these cards alive. There might even be a new rise of pokémon tools - now we just have Unown G and you can't even remove that.

Me thinks Flygon/Flygon Lv. X are definitely the best cards revealed from the set so far. But thats not to say that I think they're super strong cards or broken by any means.

Gallade Lv. X definitely looks interesting. Especially when u consider all the other damage spreading pokemon around, lots of good supporting Galactic pokemon to go with it, and lots of good Galactic trainer cards to go with it(like the scoop up one). However, i think this cards biggest downfall is its weakness, Psychic x2 isnt a good thing to have these days with Gengar, Dusknoir, and AMU running around.

Overall, so far Im pretty unimpressed with the cards revealed from the set.

Flygon could easily bring some beef to the otherwise beefless plate of the format. Of course theres already the smoke salmon (gengar) and roast turkey (muk) to contend with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back