Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gigas; My take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabrieeeel

After searching for a while for the normal Gigas running deck (and figuring it was kept kind of secret), I decided to decided to do a list I would be using at CC. (If I can't get the cards, I will build a Scyther/Cherrim deck)

Pokemon: 18
2-1-1 Regigigas (#37, #15 and Lv.X)
2 Azelf
3-1 Uxie Lv.X
1 Mesprit
3 Unown G
1-1 Palkia Lv.X
2 Regice

ENERGIES (14)
2 Multi
6 Water
4 Metal
4 Fighting

TRAINERS (28)
4 Roseanne Research
4 Bebe Search
4 Switch
3 Premier Ball
4 Felicity's Drawing
2 Warp Point
3 TSD (replace them with NM if you don't have the TSD)
2 Snowpoint Temple
1 Luxury ball

Strategy:
With Palkia Lv.X and all those switch/warpoint, you should be able to Gigablaster every turn. #37 Gigas; is to start and #15 is here for heavy hit late game.

Comments?

Last edited:
You basically took the other Gigas list, copied it, and tweaked a few cards...

Not impressive...but I will say up the Mesprit...

Because discarding 2 cards is unneeded. Also, lunatone is not a horrible start and has a semi-useful attack. For the list, add more energy (water in particular). 15-16 is a must for this deck.

You should have 2-3 snowpoint stadium. I cant believe you dont have any in a regi deck, maybe it was a mistake... and 2 great ball in place of dusk ball.

The problem with Snowpoint is that it can make basics like Uxie harder for Regi to OHKO.

I will say that Regice is a reasonable way to work around Mewtwo and sacrificial basics without Palkia or Poke-Blower.

I have a Regi deck that runs really well and I have to say that discarding two cards is really a good idea because the goal of Regigigas is to have him Leveled up by turn two and four energy attached turn two so you can Giga Blaster for 100 however for this to be possible you need two energy in the discard and be able to attach each turn from the beginning of the game. by using Lunatone you run the risk of potentially delaying Giga Blaster until turn three which can be a problem as 100 damage turn two is much more damaging to the opponent than 100 damage turn 3

I'd rather use Lunatone over Regice for the reason as Brady has mentioned.

Also..."emo," you can still pull that t-2 with Gigas even with discarding 1 card. you attach, discrad with lunatone. Next turn, attach, sacrifice, BAM, 100. T-2 baby!

? He takes 4 energy to do the 100. 2 attachments=needs 2 energy to be discarded to be t2 gigas. X_X

? He takes 4 energy to do the 100. 2 attachments=needs 2 energy to be discarded to be t2 gigas. X_X

Yeah first turn attach an energy and discard 1 with lunetone second turn attach and discard 1 with lunetone that's 4 energys what don't you get? Lunetones definatly the Better play over the regis

He never mentioned using lunatone twice, which threw me off. Though you really shouldn't ever need to use lunatone more then once.

You should have 2-3 snowpoint stadium. I cant believe you dont have any in a regi deck, maybe it was a mistake... and 2 great ball in place of dusk ball.

I have completly forgot about snowpoints... I will do the change. Why great ball over dusk? Its not good for pixies!

You basically took the other Gigas list, copied it, and tweaked a few cards...

Not impressive...but I will say up the Mesprit...

That comment made me sad.

For the others, I think I will go for regice. What sould I take out for water energy?

Claydol and Uxie takes up too much bench space. If you run just Uxies, you can Sacrifice them after you use them, making you less vulnerable to Dark Palm.

This deck is so tempting...I wish I could play it, but I know the minute I start trying to build it someone's going to play Champ just to spite me.

I get that, by why not play JUST Claydol as opposed to JUST Uxie? I'm pretty sure it doesn't make a difference. You could still sacrifice it.

I get that, by why not play JUST Claydol as opposed to JUST Uxie? I'm pretty sure it doesn't make a difference. You could still sacrifice it.

Uxie helps Machamp matchup...weakness!

Also, Uxie is apart of the cycle, sacrifice it, tsd/nm, and do it over. It makes a CRUCIAL difference. Claydol is AUTO bench taker, Uxie isn't, it can even shuffle itself back into the deck.

Uxie helps Machamp matchup...weakness!

Also, Uxie is apart of the cycle, sacrifice it, tsd/nm, and do it over. It makes a CRUCIAL difference. Claydol is AUTO bench taker, Uxie isn't, it can even shuffle itself back into the deck.

Not only that uxie is a basic claydol is a stage 1 Wich means uxie can draw you up to 7 cards as soon as your drop it and even on your first turn with claydol you have to wait one turn befor you can even use him to draw cards cuz you need to evolve baltoy into claydol first and if you sacrifice him you need to wait another turn to evolve him again that ruins gigas's speed factor. Uxie also usea up less deck space and is way easier to search for you can use rosseanes and grab an uxie and that last energy you need for gigas's attack get a sacrifice and then draw up to 7 cards all in the same turn. Pretty sure you could never pull that off with claydol?

uxie is also a great answer to gengar and has a level X with a power nearly as good as claydol. I often have 8-9 cards in my hand by t5, giving me plenty of options. Claydol only kills my options. Its pretty clear what's the play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back