Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2008-12-11 Scizor SF 25/100

Status
Not open for further replies.
First post. Good card though it has alot of trouble in the end. Very good with Cherrim and nice Poke-Body. 8.5/10

I think of this as a turn 2 donk. Very difficult for opponent to survive t2 and t3 70 70 punch. Very disruptive to opponent. Need to get a bit lucky for t2 setup. Not quite a tournament worthy deck, but combine this with shymin LX, and this thing turns into beast.

4th post... THIS CARD IS THE PLAY FOR CC. with great speed, power, and pokebody, it beats most decks easily, and still has some steam at the end. great alone and with cherrim

10/10

4th post... THIS CARD IS THE PLAY FOR CC. with great speed, power, and pokebody, it beats most decks easily, and still has some steam at the end. great alone and with cherrim

10/10

... have you played this at a CC yet? It proved to not be as good as hype suggested.

This + Cherrim = A winning CC deck if you can play it right.

Modified: 10/10(Has so much here)
Limited: 10/10(If you pull this line, you will do incredibly well.)
Unlimited: 1/10(You'll be killed here before you evolve.)

T2 on drugs.. plus it makes a good deck for people who don't want to buy Claydols or want to spent less than $20 on a deck...like me. haha

9/10

Only bad thing is the 100HP because Gigas and Tort do exactly 100. Unown E helps this though.

Definatly one of the Break-Out rogue decks of the format is Scizor/Cherrim. It's a very simple deck to attain and
build, and it goes well with the Double Trainer sets that came out of SF, like PokeBlower and PokeHealer. It's
suprizingly fast for a deck without PokePower usage, thought I would put it in a T-1 class, maybe lowish T-2. But
the great thing about the format is that a great player can take a well built T-3 deck and win worlds. :smile:

-Jason
:)dark::colorless20)

Its ok but if your opponent can get something big or a swarm of something, you can't do much. In the fire match-up, such as magmorter, its hard to win. But if you cna get it T2 it's a great card, not enough for cities though.

8/10

the way u r supposed to play it, u get it out T2, w/ 2 nrgy on it 7/8 of the times, so u can easly beat any deck that have to by turn two or 3, depending how your opponent's set up. here r what i think are the win ratios for this card against the two most popular decks, dusknoir and gengar
dusknoir 65-70/35-30 Scizor
gengar 50-50 (if gengar got a good set up) Even

ok but to easy to get around by pokes like tort and gigas who atomaticaly kill it and its not that helpful against pokes with high hp
ok 8/10

Today's CotD is Scizor from SF. Scizor has several nice traits going for it; 100 HP is great for a Stage 1 (considering 90 is the norm), a +20 Weakness to :fire: (Infernape/Heatran are out there, but at least it's not +30), no Resistance, and costs :colorless to Retreat. Honeycomb Defender (kind of a weird name considering Scizor isn't Vespiquen or Beedrill) is an excellent Poke-Body, reducing all damage done to Scizor by 40 when he has 6 or more damage counters on him. Accelerate is a good attack, dealing 30 for :colorless:colorless, and if he KOs the Defending with it, you get to prevent all damage and effects done to him on your opponent's next turn. However, Pound Down (costing :grass::grass:) is your main attack, dealing 40+ 30 more damage if you have no Pokemon with a Poke-Power in play. Obviously, this means you cannot use Claydol like with 99% of every other deck out there, but Scizor can manage through other means for draw. For a great idea on how to use this deck (along with Cherrim SF), check out ryanvergel's article here: http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=88567

Modified - 8.5/10 (A great card with great potential for quick damage, however lacks the ability to OHKO threats as the game progresses)
Limited - 10/10 (Got some? Use him. Almost guaranteed 70 with Pound Down, and he's quick to power up. Plus, Scyther isn't exactly a lightweight damage-wise either)
Unlimited - 1/10 (Eh, as usual, isn't going to get much use probably)

Its ok but if your opponent can get something big or a swarm of something, you can't do much. In the fire match-up, such as magmorter, its hard to win. But if you cna get it T2 it's a great card, not enough for cities though.

8/10

Scizor did win 2 Junior CC in VA already, without Cherrim. The deck Noah used is both simple enough for most juniors, and fast enough to speed and swawm past most decks. I'd like to see a matchup against a Regi deck. Fear Scizor!

very good for swarm decks. Surprisingly better with cherrim. (it's a....flower. :p)
I'd say 8.5/10; it's like the kingdra of SF. and cherrim is it's claydol. :smile:

I never did do much with fun decks, but this is funny enough that I may get it just to fool around with. I like how you suddenly have a barrier unless you are OHKO'd, because if you up your HP with E or something, it suddenly becomes almost hacky.

I havent played in a while, but Scizor was the last deck I played. I ABSOLUTLY love this card. Who needs Cherrys? With a Awesome Swarm ability, it can out speed your opponent if played right!

99.8/100!~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back