Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Metagross is a Metagame Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoutaElric

First, hi! im new in forums so greets to all of you ^_^

This is my first new project from my new return to Pokemon! and like the title says i feel with very few :fire: decks in meta because of Kingdra and with some powerful :psychic: decks around (like ever in this game xD) i believe a Metagross-LA based deck could be awesome!

My personal try on this, please help ;)

Metal Comet Deck

TOTAL CARDS: 60

POKEMON: 20

4-2-4 Metagross LA line (It's obvious xD)
2-2 Claydol GE line (the best poke power about support ever printed)
1-1 Xatu SW line ( to evade SC but im not too sure of keep this)
4 Jirachi LA (ITS AWESOME here!! 4 to be sure of start with him, the versatile first attack make more probable to get Metagross in play as fast as you can and without energies!! for me its too good but im open to listen your suggestions ^__^)

TRAINERS: 25

3 : Rare Candy, GE-102 -> AMAZING with stage 2 based decks
3 : Warp Point, MD-88 -> to help with RC of Metagross
4 : PlusPower, SW-121 -> to reach 100HP+ pokemons w/ Meta
1 : Luxury Ball, SF-86 -> a MUST in every deck
4 : Roseanne's Research, SW-125 -> ditto
4 : Bebe's Search, SW-119 -> and ditto xD
3 : Buck's Training, LA-130 -> very useful, the utility of pluspower plus 2 new cards
3 : Cynthia's Feelings, LA-131 -> Very very good, one of my favorite supporters and shines when jirachi dies and metagross become active

ENERGY: 15

4 : Metal Energy, MD-95
11 : Metal Energy, DP-130

( I can do that with energies right? 4 w/ abilities 11 w/o abilities. I think 15 is a balanced and good number but im not completely sure, accepting suggestions here ^^)

Thats it! I listen opinions suggestions and comments for make better this deck! =)

Sorry eng mistakes >.< and thx for reading all of this! ^__^

See ya!

Kouta~

hello KoutaElric! Welcome back to the game!

I have a couple suggestions to make this deck run a little better, in my opinion, for you.

First, with a deck based on a Stage 2, and running a 4-2-4 set up, you'll want to max out your candies. What if, say, a Metang & 1 Candy get prized, now you have to draw into 1 Metang (or bebe's or luxury) or a Candy (or Jirachi for him, but that's just helping you get set up, not swarm - and swarming is a MUST in the current format).

Furthermore, and this is just me personally, but running Baltoy/Claydol in a deck for ME, means running 4 call energies. I got absolutely TRAINWRECKED at worlds from a Treeko start when playing Torterra. I highly recommend putting as many ways out of a bad start in your deck as possible.

Also, a deck building technique I generally go by enlists committing to 1 type of draw supporter. Rather than having 3 Cynthia's AND 3 Buck's, I would choose one, and then max it out. For this deck, I would go with Buck's. First Reason: Metagross isn't going to be getting KO'd all the time (especially with special metals), so you're not going to get the full effect of Cynthia's that often. Second Reason: Metagross' attack maxes out at 100. The extra 10 can come in quite handy. HOWEVER, you are also already playing 4 plospower. So in my opinion, I would drop all the Cynthia's & Buck's and swap them out for 4 Felicity's drawing (to drop energy in your discard pile), and 1-0-1 line of Magnezone(electric) from SF to help you get your Metagross attacking T2.

I would drop the 1-1 Xatu, as that precaution isn't entirely necessary. The big decks running around are Kingdra & Dusknoir & Machamp, none of which really rely on special conditions.

Then I would add TMS-02 - Devoluter from LA. This is because of Gengar. You don't want to have 3 energy sitting on your Metagross, attack Gengar, and then have your opponent flip heads and be KO'd with him, now you're stuck back on NRG drops for at least 2 (w/ Magnezone in play) or likely 3 turns. A Devoluter, however, lets you get around this. Hit Gengar one turn for your attack's damage, next turn hit him with Devoluter and get your prize, no lethal drawback.

Also, in my opinion, Sableye & 1 Dark Energy > Jirachi. This is because you can first turn KO Duskulls & Gastlys, as well as use ANY supporter out of your deck. Very versatile card. However, this is a discretion call. In my overall opinion, however, I would simply not play a starter, and add in Uxie LA & Uxie lv. X if possible.

Ok, so now we're looking at something like:

Pokemon: 19
4-2-4 Metagross
1-0-1 Magnezone (electric) SW
2-2 Claydol
2-1 Uxie X

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 23
4 Rare Candy
4 Bebe's Search
4 Felicity's Drawing
3 Pluspower
2 Night Maintenance (crucial in almost any deck)
2 Switch (to help w/ Special Conditions & Retreat - Warp Point not necessary w/ Gross' Power)
2 TMS-02 Devoluter
2 Counter Stadium (possibly Conductive Quarry, you just don't want Dusknoir lv X wrecking you)
1 Luxury Ball

Energy:
4 Call Energy (for bad starts)
4 Special Metal
2 Multi (so Magnezone can attack 60 w/ built in Warp Point)
8 Basic Metal

Hope this can help you out some, good luck with your return to the game!

If you want a good starting pokemon go with Sableye and drop the jirachi for them because sableye lets you use cards and draw next turn as opposed to jirachi which searches a card and puts it on top of the deck. more importantly is that sableye gets rid of cards from them deck as opposed to jirachi which does not. also jirachi + amulet coin is a noob combo which really doesn't add much effectiveness to the deck because you have to have one jirachi and 2 an amulet coin on the first or second turn for it to be remotely useful which it isn't because at most you get one extra card total before jirachi dies

hello KoutaElric! Welcome back to the game!

I have a couple suggestions to make this deck run a little better, in my opinion, for you.

First, with a deck based on a Stage 2, and running a 4-2-4 set up, you'll want to max out your candies. What if, say, a Metang & 1 Candy get prized, now you have to draw into 1 Metang (or bebe's or luxury) or a Candy (or Jirachi for him, but that's just helping you get set up, not swarm - and swarming is a MUST in the current format).

Furthermore, and this is just me personally, but running Baltoy/Claydol in a deck for ME, means running 4 call energies. I got absolutely TRAINWRECKED at worlds from a Treeko start when playing Torterra. I highly recommend putting as many ways out of a bad start in your deck as possible.

Also, a deck building technique I generally go by enlists committing to 1 type of draw supporter. Rather than having 3 Cynthia's AND 3 Buck's, I would choose one, and then max it out. For this deck, I would go with Buck's. First Reason: Metagross isn't going to be getting KO'd all the time (especially with special metals), so you're not going to get the full effect of Cynthia's that often. Second Reason: Metagross' attack maxes out at 100. The extra 10 can come in quite handy. HOWEVER, you are also already playing 4 plospower. So in my opinion, I would drop all the Cynthia's & Buck's and swap them out for 4 Felicity's drawing (to drop energy in your discard pile), and 1-0-1 line of Magnezone(electric) from SF to help you get your Metagross attacking T2.

I would drop the 1-1 Xatu, as that precaution isn't entirely necessary. The big decks running around are Kingdra & Dusknoir & Machamp, none of which really rely on special conditions.

Then I would add TMS-02 - Devoluter from LA. This is because of Gengar. You don't want to have 3 energy sitting on your Metagross, attack Gengar, and then have your opponent flip heads and be KO'd with him, now you're stuck back on NRG drops for at least 2 (w/ Magnezone in play) or likely 3 turns. A Devoluter, however, lets you get around this. Hit Gengar one turn for your attack's damage, next turn hit him with Devoluter and get your prize, no lethal drawback.

Also, in my opinion, Sableye & 1 Dark Energy > Jirachi. This is because you can first turn KO Duskulls & Gastlys, as well as use ANY supporter out of your deck. Very versatile card. However, this is a discretion call. In my overall opinion, however, I would simply not play a starter, and add in Uxie LA & Uxie lv. X if possible.

Ok, so now we're looking at something like:

Pokemon: 19
4-2-4 Metagross
1-0-1 Magnezone (electric) SW
2-2 Claydol
2-1 Uxie X

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 23
4 Rare Candy
4 Bebe's Search
4 Felicity's Drawing
3 Pluspower
2 Night Maintenance (crucial in almost any deck)
2 Switch (to help w/ Special Conditions & Retreat - Warp Point not necessary w/ Gross' Power)
2 TMS-02 Devoluter
2 Counter Stadium (possibly Conductive Quarry, you just don't want Dusknoir lv X wrecking you)
1 Luxury Ball

Energy:
4 Call Energy (for bad starts)
4 Special Metal
2 Multi (so Magnezone can attack 60 w/ built in Warp Point)
8 Basic Metal

Hope this can help you out some, good luck with your return to the game!

I completely agree with this post. The only thing I'd change is that I like the Metal Magnezone from SF more than the Lightning.

I completely agree with this post. The only thing I'd change is that I like the Metal Magnezone from SF more than the Lightning.

In most Lightning/Metal decks, I would as well. My reasoning for the electric one here is for the ability to attack on T2, rather than just using the poke-power, and passing.

As a general statement, however, I much prefer the Metal one as well.

- Xaej

I made a metagross deck and mine was pretty crazy good. It actually won memphis BR. I would play a 4-3 line of weavile so then you can play moonlight stadium making him have free retreat and can do the extra 10-40 with the special dark energies you attach with Weavile. It goese alot faster! Definately run 4 call energy though

take out the 1-1 xuatu and replace it with a 1-0-1 dusknoir because you could switch if they their big guy out and then throw it back and i thnik that thats a good stratagy

- 3 bucks
-1 cynthia
+ 4 amulet coin

I don't like this.

Being able to draw 2 and do an extra 10 is much better than an attachable +1 every turn. Plus, Cynthia's is great.

Maybe tech an Unknown G for Gengar protection.

You could also drop Jirachi for PokeDrawer+, and put in some Call energy for set up.

First, sorry for being late >___< I was so busy this days but now i'm with more time for continue this project =)

Second, thx for all the feedback!!! Really thx too much!!

And now the deck, the best option was the list in the second post, i liked it so much with the idea of Magnezone.

So I'm using that list and the deck is great and fun! but i dont like so much the Uxies line, is not a great help and here in my country the Lv X are so expensive and difficult to get and if i would to buy a Lv X i prefer spent money in a really helpful pokemon. There is another option to replace Uxies line?? 2/3 Sableye, 2-2 furret, 1-0-1 Dusknoir (Shadow command) or add another magnezone are the options in my head xD Please help and suggest me =) I prefer being stable and maybe not that fast but from T3 having every turn a Meta ready to attack, for that I was using Jirachi in the previous list, and to keep that Sableye is a better replacement or not? I said this because here where im play everyone and theirs grandmas are playing fast decks like Scizor & Kingdra xD, and I feel that stability is the key for that type of match, if im wrong please make suggestions too =)

That's the help i want =) i'll appreciate every reply

Thx! and see ya later

Kouta.-

Jirachi is a decent starter, esepcialy with Amulet Coin. However, Sabeleye SF is just better, you go first automaticly, and get to use a Supporter from you deck as a free attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back