Not open for further replies.

BLiZzArD

Happy Holidays[gal=41016]
2008-12-25 Regigigas Lv. X SF 100/100​
[/gal]​

Last edited:
REGIGIGIGIGIGIGIGIGAS!!!
BDIF
Sacrifice allows for energy acceleration, allowing Gigabalster by as soon as T2.
Gigablaster is a great attack, with sacrifice the energy cost shouldn't be a problem, 100 and discarding two caads is great.
The weakness is kind of bad with machamp running rampant, but this sets us alot faster if you can avoid the donk.
Retreat is pricey but what did you expect? He's a giant Golem type of thing, he's pretty beefy.
all in all easy 8.5/10

also Woo First Post

Last edited:
8/10

Good card, requires a lot of skill to play. But once it gets rolling, better watch out or it'll power right through you

9/10 could be better i think i mean hes a huge pokemon but doesnt have 170 hp he should have more hp than that but what are ya gonna do

3rd post

Even more hp? It's great enough for a basic lvl.x to have 150, all you need is snowpoint there you go.

This kills anything except if this gets dark palmed, fainting spell, machamp OHKO, or something else that OHKOs it.

Other than that, this card is great but requires a lot of skill.

8.5/10

Regijesus. Very strong, a must to playtest against - let the results of the Cities Championships speak for themselves.

A build that consistently spits out this bad boy swinging for 100 definitely will give most decks a run for their money.

Watch out for Mewtwo Lv. X, Machamp SF, and misplays.

8/10, 9/10 if you can Gigablaster T2 75% of your games.

Good card... But if you ask from me, it doesn't take so much skill to play it, i woul recomend it to even Juniors, but if you want to play well it it takes skill, just like Kingdra, easy to run but hard to play... Still it have drawbacks and it needs also other cards in modifield to work, As a card: 7.5/10 As a deck: 9.5/10.... (Too easy to counter, not easy to win...)

Amzing Card, but you need an awesome synergy to get this one going, other wise you'll be sacrifycing more than giga-blasting.
for experienced players, 9/10
for the noob, 2.5/10

Merry Christmas everyone!

Today's CotD is none other than the big guy himself, Regigigas Lv X. 150 HP is a great 50 HP improvement from the regular Regigigas, still keeps an x2 Weakness to :fighting: (not good, but at least it's not like x3 or something, lol), still has no Resistance, and still costs a hefty :colorless:colorless:colorless:colorless to Retreat. Its Poke-Power, Sacrifice, may seem a bit counter-intuitive at first glance; you're giving your opponent a free prize to add 2 basic Energy from your discard to Regigigas Lv X and to heal 80 damage off him. However, it actually plays out very well for you; by dumping Energy into your discard early, then using Sacrifice T2-3, you can significantly outspeed your opponent's set-up and have a very big, hard to KO Pokemon staring them down. Regigigas Lv X also adds a fun attack with Giga Blaster, dealing a solid 100 damage for :water::fighting::metal::colorless (a bit expensive, but not if you use Sacrifice) and getting to discard both the top card of your opponent's deck and 1 random card from his/her hand; the only drawback is, you can't use Giga Blaster next turn.

Modified - 9.5/10 (There's a reason this big guy has been winning Cities; high HP and a quick way to power himself up makes for a formidable opponent)
Limited - 3/10 (Sacrifice isn't as useful, and the extensive energy requirements make him hard to play since you have no reliable way to get those energies out. Keep him safe inside your binder)
Unlimited - 1/10 (Not much use, you'll be forced into Sacrificing continuously to recover energy lost to ER and SER. Plus, if your opponent uses GoW to force one up with no Energy, you're stuck behind a nasty 4 Energy Retreat Cost)

The only reason the gigas is so good right now is because of the metagame. There's nothing that counters him that is able to beat any other decks consistantly enough to warrant playing it, which is why Gigas is about to explode on the tournament scene. People are scared to play Champ because of Dusknoir, Kingdra and Cherry Bomb are almost auto losses, and Torterra is about the only thing that can withstand it but its too slow to be played right now. If Gigas was around last year it would be a binder card....

I dont know what you all are saying......... regigigas takes no skill at all... play down cards and win. granted u need a good timed mesprit drop

8/10- a good card but it has its weaknesses

I dont know what you all are saying......... regigigas takes no skill at all... play down cards and win. granted u need a good timed mesprit drop

It arguably takes more skill than Machop -- Rare Candy --> Machamp, Fighting, GG. Or Horsea -- Rare Candy --> Kingdra, Water, GG. Or Sableye, Special Dark Energy, lolwut GG.

If player skill and optimized deck builds are more indicative of odds of winning than opening hand or who goes first/second in the mirror, odds are some skill is involved.

Yeah, Regigigas is ALOT more skill based than about 75% of the decks right now.

^Ummm, not really. Gigas is one of those cheezy easy-to-win with decks that doesn't take a whole lot of brains to win with. Sometimes it requires some decision making to be made, but thats only "Should I dorp uxie now or warp/palkia and then drop it?". Nothing that hard. :/

9/10

This card is broken, my friend had to play a machamp in Top 2 and he won with gigs, just used Uxie lv.X and won
8.5/10
P.S the only thing that can beat it is a donk.
P.SS It takes alot of thinking to play this deck so its not easy and even if you think you know how to play it most people dont.

For the card - it's awesome. High hp, great attack, sick power. Only low marks come from the weakness and high retreat. 9/10.

As for the deck using him ... IDK. I like it a lot, but I don't find it partiularly hard to play. I don't really understand the idea of this as a "thinking mans deck." Most decks are easy to play and hard to play well. Gigas is no exception either way IMHO.

For the card - it's awesome. High hp, great attack, sick power. Only low marks come from the weakness and high retreat. 9/10.

As for the deck using him ... IDK. I like it a lot, but I don't find it partiularly hard to play. I don't really understand the idea of this as a "thinking mans deck." Most decks are easy to play and hard to play well. Gigas is no exception either way IMHO.

Well its funny you say that because I know that one of the types on Vanderhatter is a very hard/ good deck to play, yes its easy for good players to be able to play a deck well without alot of time but to play decks to its ful potencial it takes time and thats what Im saying for gigas, its ok if you can play it good but its BDIF if you know how to play it really good.

It does take skill to play. You can't say it doesn't. If you make one mistake with sacrifice, then you will be in trouble. Regi is based on timing. Machamp and Mewtwo lvl x take skill to play against too. Mespirit drops are based on timing. Against noobs, you don't need skill. But if you are against an experienced player, then you have to know what you are doing, especially against so of the decks listed above.

9/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back