Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The BEST card in pokemon?

mevans

For the last couple of days, I have been looking at everyones deck ideas. The decks look great: but as I look to see the posts down below, I see things like..."...What about when Dialga G Lv. X is on the bench? It does nothing. You can't stop Dialga G. X, period", and "Dialga G Lv. X will leave both decks crying in a dark corner" (thanks to the owners of the posts that i am using!). We all know what this card does, but I am posting it down below, just for refrences. (Thanks to pokebeach!)

Dialga G LV.X LV.X – Steel – HP120
Level-Up (SP)

Poke-Body: Time Crystallization
Each player's Pokemon (excluding SP-Pokemon) can't use any Poke-Bodies.

[M][M][C][C] Remove Lost: 80 damage. Flip a coin until you get tails, for each heads remove an Energy attached to the Defending Pokemon and put it in the Lost Zone.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 2

Now my question; WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK THAT THIS IS SOME "GAME CHANGING" CARD?
I don't think that this card is really that good, I mean it is a good card, but come on...

i dont necessarily agree that ampharos destroys gigas like u said. the person is playing a spread based deck like obama, u can build up another gigas on the bench and then when your active one dies, u can bring it back with premier and sacrafice them. also, ampharos isnt a very strong card on its own with its attacks being quite expensive for what they do. im not saying its a bad card and that it wont give gigas problems , cause it probally will. but i dont think it completely shuts the deck down. just my 2 cents

i dont necessarily agree that ampharos destroys gigas like u said. the person is playing a spread based deck like obama, u can build up another gigas on the bench and then when your active one dies, u can bring it back with premier and sacrafice them. also, ampharos isnt a very strong card on its own with its attacks being quite expensive for what they do. im not saying its a bad card and that it wont give gigas problems , cause it probally will. but i dont think it completely shuts the deck down. just my 2 cents

If they spread to the benched Gigas, it can't Sacrifice. After they hit it, it can't Sacrifice. Amphy shuts Gigas down. Completely. The whole purpose is to get a fast Gigas powered up and keep it alive after it takes a hit by using Sacrifice. But Ampharos doesn't let it.

I personally don't think we will know how good any of the new cards are until people are able to play them and we can judge based on actual results. It's one thing to say "this card pwns that one" and "it shuts that card down completely" but until we see this actually happening we really can't say for sure. Look what happened to Raichu LV.X everybody thought that would be an amazing game changing card until it actually starts being played and (although it is a decent card) it ended up being slightly over-hyped. I personally hope Dialga G does not become the new card "to beat" because I find this "SP" mechanic to be a load of rubbish to be honest. It reminds me somewhat of all that cross breeding weird mystical shizz that was the delta species crap.

I personally don't think we will know how good any of the new cards are until people are able to play them and we can judge based on actual results. It's one thing to say "this card pwns that one" and "it shuts that card down completely" but until we see this actually happening we really can't say for sure. Look what happened to Raichu LV.X everybody thought that would be an amazing game changing card until it actually starts being played and (although it is a decent card) it ended up being slightly over-hyped. I personally hope Dialga G does not become the new card "to beat" because I find this "SP" mechanic to be a load of rubbish to be honest. It reminds me somewhat of all that cross breeding weird mystical shizz that was the delta species crap.

I agree with that. Overhyping happens a lot, and many cards get overlooked. Ampharos just looks so great.

I don't care for SP Pokemon either. They remind me of those crappy VS Series Pokemon. Almost all of their attacks suck. They'll never KO anything.

I agree with that. Overhyping happens a lot, and many cards get overlooked. Ampharos just looks so great.

I don't care for SP Pokemon either. They remind me of those crappy VS Series Pokemon. Almost all of their attacks suck. They'll never KO anything.

I'll agree Ampharos is a tad overhyped, but I think SP Pokémon are going to be a force come this set's release. Remember a couple years ago when we bypassed those Team Magma cards but then at Worlds all those Japanese guys owned us with it? They just have so much beneficiary trainers for them that I think they could wreck some havoc. Agreed the one flaw seems that they don't do a lot of damage, but I was thinking you could run Skuntank G on the bench with like 6 stadiums (I have 4 Galactic's Hideout and maybe like 2 Stark Mountain invisioned), which could make everything at least +10 Damage.

I'll just end this right now.

ALL THE CARDS ARE BAD!!! The REAL best card is sooooooooooo obviously Bidoof. >_>

Why is Bidoof the best card in the format? Because if you take out the two Os and switch the I and the D around, you get BDIF!!! :eek:

Fear the Plump Mouse Pokemon!

No doubt Dialga is going to rip apart many cards. Scizor/Cherrim is negated, now that Scizor can't rely on getting around damage, Cherrim wont be boosting him, Gigas powers are screwed, Claydol negated, etc

This card was most likely made with the older cards in mind, the standard team runs Claydol/Azelf/Unown G as their techs, this card will give players much more options.

Think of it as a good thing.

Claydol is unaffected by Dialga G Lv.X. So are Azelf and Unown G. One Regigigas loses Recover Mechanism, the other loses Slow Start, and the other loses Regi Form. Dialga stops Poke-Bodies, not powers.

I think Gigas decks are going to start putting in dialga G x simply for Mewtwo X and Ampy. Plus it could make the slow start gigas more playable.

It has the ability to shut off so many pokemon, thats why so many people are paying attention to this card.

Dialga G lv. X is like Cessation Crystal: if you're running a deck that isn't hurt by it, you should consider playing it. It's nowhere near 'the best card in the game' though. It's also similar to Windstorm (yes I am comparing this to both Cessation Crystal and Windstorm) in that it was released in the same set as Cessation Crystal to keep that card in check. If there was no Dialga G lv. X option, Ampharos really would be a broken card that so many decks could take advantage of, with few ways for the opponent to get around. It's all about balance.

Decks that already run level Xs (other than the odd Uxie) can also potentially make use of Level Max with it and their other line (s), since we all know that leveling up something with a 2 retreat that is never going to attack would be so much easier if it could just go through on a flip, from the bench-- where it is going to remain all game anyway.

Back