Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Dusknoir SF #17 in Regi?

BoomerSooner

After losing my final Swiss match-up and Top4(Though I did take a game) against Machamp with Regigigas, I've done a lot of thinking about what could be a resonable tech into Regi that could atleast bump the Machamp match-up to 40-60. That's when I though about this Dusknoir. With a Lake Boundry, it OHKO's a Machamp. Machamp needs either 4 Heads on Hurricane Punch, OR Be leveled up and use Rage to OHKO it. It could be easily entered as a 1-0-1 line with 2 Rare Candies, and you can find room for 2 Lake Boundrys. The unused Rare Candy could just be trash to dump with Felicity;s. Thoughs, comments, concerns?

Max out the Uxies / Azelf / Mesprit.
They are good for the Machamp Match up aswell.
a stage 2 in regi isn't the best thing to do in my oppinion

I don't think it will work so well. I mean It's just slow. It would be smarter to just put in a 1-1 driftblim line or another psychic stage 1. Anything else would be more harmful than helpful. Just as long as you hav e 3 g and 3 uxie and azlef with multi your good.

Actually, Exeggutor could work, and not just for Machamp. It also hits Mewtwo lv. X--for double, at that-- plus after you Restructure up a Claydol and KO it (I'm assuming you're running Palkia with Regigigas), you could get your hand down (not hard considering you likely don't play Claydol and have Lunatone assistance) and actually Psychic Strategy them to nothing or next to it, letting you really take control of the game on your next turn when you resume the Gigas onslaught and making your Giga Blasters even more deadly.

Uxie X is a pretty fine tech, as is, and the Machamp matchup isn't NEARLY below 40-60 like you suggest. It's more ALREADY 50-50 or a little less, it's pretty much who gets luckier.

Uxie X is a pretty fine tech, as is, and the Machamp matchup isn't NEARLY below 40-60 like you suggest. It's more ALREADY 50-50 or a little less, it's pretty much who gets luckier.

I wouldn't put Machamp/Regigigas at an even 50/50. It is simply a bad, even terrible, match-up, and there is no need to argue this.

Regigigas cannot ever OHKO Machamp, whereas Machamp forces the Gigas player to pack an Unown G on each Gigas just to prevent Take Out. If they do G their Regigigas (s) up, they still have to deal with most likely taking 120 for 2 energy, or getting OHKOed on the not-incredibly-rare 3-heads Hurricane Punch. When Machamp lv. X comes into play, 2 heads on Hurricane Punch will OHKO it, or a simple Strong-willed will do it. Revenge following a KO also deals a KO right back with a PlusPower or if Regigigas had any damage on it at all (which even after Sacrifices it almost always will, especially when it is taking so much from Machamps). Swarmability and Premier Ball practically ensure that the Machamp player will be able to take down all the Regigigases that are thrown at them, and the quick Prize taking will also severely cut down on their Sacrifice ability (not that it would make much difference healing 80 after taking 120, when that much damage or more is likely to be dealt again next turn).

As fast as Regigigas can be, Machamp is generally faster, and it is the deck that is going to be applying the (immense) pressure, not the other way around, and not at an equal level.

^ Uxie Lv.X supposedly saves Regigigas from Machamp. I still think the match is strongly in Machamp's favor, though not un-winnable.

The Machamp match-up is easily 20-80. There is no arguing this. You really can't win unless you get t2 Regi and they have a lone basic. I was really thinking what about Hypno? 1 for 40(adding their weakness) and sleep. Then next turn ko.

The Machamp match-up is easily 20-80. There is no arguing this. You really can't win unless you get t2 Regi and they have a lone basic. I was really thinking what about Hypno? 1 for 40(adding their weakness) and sleep. Then next turn ko.

Which Hypno does that?

The only Hypno in the format is the GE one, and he's terribad.

^ Uxie Lv.X supposedly saves Regigigas from Machamp. I still think the match is strongly in Machamp's favor, though not un-winnable.

Because it kind of does. Gigas has actually a positive match up against it. With Uxie T2, Machamp is so ridiculously easy, you don’t actually need to attack with Gigas. You also have Restructure at your disposal, and with Switch means you can control what your opponent is bringing up, meaning if they hide behind something to set up a Champ you can Restructure that Champ before it’s even prepared to do more than Hurricane Punch. Hurricane Punch requires 4 heads to KO Uxie X with Snowpoint, if you level up, 2 heads, but then another Uxie on the bench will just Psychic Restore you for 120 for 1 energy. And since when has Champ ever had a back up attacker? To my knowledge it’s always been just straight Champ w/Azelf, Uxie, Claydol and Regirock (Possible Dusknoir), all it takes is one turn without a Champ on the board and the game easily goes to Uxies (Gigas) favor.

What’s this? Uxie was KO’d, oh noes, we all know how impossible it is to have a second on the bench with one energy on it, waiting for the first to be KO’d. Seriously, I’ll Premier Ball, attach another Unown G (If it’s not already attached) and attach energy and hit you for 50-90.

I’m 3-1 against Champ in competitive play with Regigigas, my only loss came after a misplay discarding my last Unown G that I planned to attach but got careless. I had figured going into that tournament that Machamp pretty much had the upper hand against Gigas, but then I realized what Uxie can do.

Just use Uxie

or you stall getting out a claydol gigton puch get tails then restructure agin get machamp out then gigaton punch get ´head do 80 and kill dol with no supporter and wager lock in your hand you pretty much win but if they get t1 champ then you have NO CHANCE

Machamp generally runs Uxie lv. X also, which conveniently OHKOs any opposing Uxies (level X or not). A smart Machamp player who is having to deal with an army of Uxies would just use their own Uxie lv. X for a while until it was time to switch back over to Machamp. Also, unless the Regigigas player is able to consistently TSD/NM + Roseanne's, they are eventually going to run out of Unown Gs, and when they do, Take Out just... takes out everything in the deck.

A smart Machamp player is going to be able to deal with the smart Regigigas player's (limited) counter options. Yes, the match-up is still winnable, but it comes down to a lot of variables even then, and it certainly isn't a simple case of "I play Uxie lv. X and Unown G and Premier Ball and I win!"

Back