Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Retreat! Oh wait...you can't!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkartisan

Hey everyone. I have been experimenting, and I think that I may have a rogue on my hands. Drapion Lv X has alot more power than anyone thinks, and I want to prove it. This card has alot more potential with an excellent pokepower, the ability to combo with most of the popular cards in the metagame, and not to mention sniping tail, an attack that can rid you of an opposing claydol in 2 turns.

[gal=42355] Drapion X is nothing to scoff at[/gal]​

Now sure he has a gamebreaking psychic weak, and he doesn't deal knockout damage, but Drapion's a silent monster, slowly weakening both the front line and the reinforcements. The second you underestimate him, you're swept.

The Drapion Line:

The Drapion line is actually pretty useful. You can stall with Drapion to attempt to setup another Drapion, or if you're not drawing well, etc. Cross Poison has the ability to deal up to 80 damage, not to mention poison. Derail is pretty interesting, imagine knocking off 2 of Regigigas Rainbow energy, something that he will no doubt run, along with the likes of special metal, multi, and darkness energy. His HPs are small, but he makes up for it.

[gal=31916] Unown K SW[/gal]

"Unown K is such a pointless card, can I rip it?"

No, you cannot. Unown K usually is a dead draw, or tin trash, but not here. Once you beef up into a Drapion Lv X, you drop two of these lil guys here, warp your Drappy X in, and if they warp in a basic, great. If not, keep pushing until they actually do. Now you trap the basic, dealing 40 to it, then fourty to the bench, which is when you heal with 2 Unown K for 40. This way the active is trapped via Sniping tail, and you're just crushing their bench. Sure it's gonna tough to pull off, but you'll be able to do it, I promise.

Sure you can argue that it's taking up bench space, but what will be on my bench?

Claydol, Drapion X, Darkrai X, Claydol, Azelf, Uxie, Unown K, Unown K

Oh no! That's 8 bench spaces! Yeah it sure is. when will I actually have an ideal setup? When i'm destroying, which is why this deck is made to have many options.

[gal=33220] Darkrai X, a key pokemon in this deck[/gal]

Now Darkrai X is one of the greatest cards for dark pokemon that has been released IMHO. Imagine shadow charging up to 4 times with Weavile, all to a Drapion X? 80 extra damage? That's surely broken. This means that with Sniping tail, you're now dealing 120 to the active, 40 to the bench, and another 30 between turns, for a grand total of 210 DPT (damage per turn). Yeah, that's hard to achieve, but if they let you set up..ouch.
Not to mention that his attack is surely broken, the ability to sleep them and make them flip 2 heads or lose their active?! How did this card pass the creators?

[gal=34906] Darkrai MD[/gal]

The preferred darkrai is the Majestic dawn Darkrai. The sleep is so great, and he's not a bad basic to start with either.

Deck List

4-2-2 Drapion X
1-1 Darkrai X
2-2 Weavile
2-2 Claydol
1 Unown G
2 Unown K
1-1 Uxie X
1 Azelf

Total: 24

4 Bebes
4 Roseannes
3 Moonlight stadium
4 Pokehealer +
1 Premier Ball
1 Luxury Ball
2 SSU
1 NM

Total: 17

Energy: 8 Dark/4 Darkness/4 Call

Total: 16

Strategy

The strategy works well when you find out that your opponent plays a stage 2 set, such as empoleon, Infernape, Dusknoir, Machamp, etc. Personally I like to get a quick call energy start, and grab a Darkrai, 1 Unown K, and a Skorupi. Start stalling with the active while you attempt to set up with Drapion Lv X. If you cannot achieve that, then work to achieve a Darkrai X, and sleep them, which is much more effective. If you can, work towards a Claydol. Trap a basic with warp point and start beating down with Drapion X. Darkrai X isn't exactly NEEDED but is definately useful.

The ideal setup against Stage 2 decks would be:
Drapion X
Darkrai X
Claydol
Unown K
Unown K
Drapion X (Active)

Now if you're up against something such as Regigigas, then I would call for Sneasel, Baltoy, and a Skorupi. Your mentality is going to be entirely different here, mainly because the basic your opponent is using is extremely huge in terms of Hit Points, so you want to let it sacrifice as much as possible. The most important thing in this game is to set up a Darkrai X, Weavile, and Darpion X. Once these are set up you have the game. Shadow charge for as much as possible, and then use Darkrai X to change them to special darks, poison Gigas (if they aren't playing Unown G) and then work to deal as much as possible. They will sacrifice, but hit the bench as hard as you can, that's where you're going to win the game. Unown G is a huge factor for Gigas here, so be careful.

So that's my decklist with Drapion X, it's an extremely fun and powerful deck, and I hope that people catch on before I trade for every last one (muahaha)
Hope you guys enjoyed!

-Dark

Last edited:
Needs Palkia X and Cresselia X over Unown K and Darkrai.

Why?
Palkia let's you drag ANYTHING to the active, potentially Poisoning it, Cresselia controls counters.
Also Rare Candy is trash in this deck, with Palkia and Cresselia you'll need Level Max and at least another Moonlight Stadium. Also with no way of getting a (Claydol) active, Unown becomes pretty trash.

Oh and Cresselia, IMHO much better than Unown K, mainly because you can pull of 3 KO's in one turn with it, while doing the same job as Unown K.

Interesting. This would definately need at least 3 Level Maxes. Rare Candy can be dropped yes, along with Unown K. It definately warrants testing, great, now I need a Palkia X and a Cressy X.

So you try to set up a stage 1 lvl X with 4 energy to do 40 damage a turn to a benched opponent's pokemon?

That sounds really bad. Why not just do the 40/40? If you're healing 40 a turn, you're also not using poison. So you're shooting yourself in the foot. You're not even using triple poison, you're not doing 40 a turn... and you're wasting 2 bench space AND 2 deck slots for all this trouble to HEAL your opponent.

IDGI.

Well, you lock it in. That's the difference between: Dealing 40 to a benched" and healing the opposition. Sure he can deal more, but the Unown K is mainly there for decks that use stage 2, warp when they have a machamp x out and a machop, lock it in, and deal.

Of course, it's not completely necessary to heal, it all depends on the situation.

Ryan, the "combination" is to use unown K to heal the active so they cant retreat,...unfortunatley this is easily countered.
If they start with their main attacker, you lose.
If they have more than 2 warp point, you lose.
If they have some kind of switching effect, like donphan, you lose.
If they have unown g, you get completely OWNED.
Too easily countered, darkartisian.
I can help you with stuff if i go to BRADS league, but this definitley is a subpar deck.

I definitely like the concept behind the deck, but sadly it is rather easily counter-able in today's format. As pointed out, Unown G and just about any sort of switching effect (Warp Point, Switch, Palkia Lv X, etc) does ruin it.

i laughed so hard when i read unown k. i get what you're trying to do and i'm not trying to diss you man but there's no way that unown k is good.

Definately lose the K, and think of maybe using a 4-3-1 Drapy line, using Cross Poison on the first drapy while you charge the bench to use the Lv.X's Sniping Tail, and personally i'd use a 2-2 Darkrai for consistancy. That would mean constant 80-40, maxing out your damage potential.
Not to mention, if you REALLY wanted to stop your opponent's retreat you'd have to try out Ariados and Dugtrio. Crowded deck indeed.

I getcha guys. Snuggles, you go to BRADS?
I can lose the K, yeah, I see all of your points :/
Still a good concept, right? I honestly don't see how TTar is "so much better." I run Ttar, and it's definately good, but I always have ENOUGH energy to not have to use his body, which is effectively shutoff by Dialga G X

Well, I think Azelf + 2x Cresselia + Palkia Lv.X is the lock deck you're looking for here. This is just harder-to-make-work version.

Still, Unown G / Warp Points / Switches / Palkia Lv.X / Dusknoir DP / Manectric PT kills you. If your main strategy is to keep your opponent's active alive, then you won't be using Triple Poison (which is the main aspect of the card) or doing anything with Darkness Energy's extra damage in most of the games.

I'd go for:
2-2 Palkia Lv.X
3-1 Uxie Lv.X
4-2-2 Drapion
1-1 Claydol
1-1 Weavile
1 Unown G
1 Unown K (if you really insist) or 1-1 Cressy Lv.X or 1-1 Darkrai - or just leave this blank.

3+ Moonlight Stadiums
Etc. etc.

Unown K can be used here, but it's not the main strategy at all, just a tech to screw your opponent's timing. At least no one expects it. The only thing Kind is good at is that you can delay the poison KOs so that they get Knocked out just before your turn to poison damage, so that you can Palkia-Poison-Prevent retreating again.

Thanks for the input. Now IIRC, Palkia lv X lets you choose their new active to switch? Don't you have to switch also?

Cresselia x is the one that grabs two prizes and moves damage counters, can I move as many as I like a turn?

Dialga G stops Darkrai's body. the whole "you cant retreat" thing is stopped by unown G. both of those cards are used a lot nowadays. (im not sure if its like that where u live...)

id say drop the darkrai and some other unnecessary stuff for magmortar x, and some fire energy......

BTW, drapion isnt the greatest of attackers. Magmortar's much more acceptable. have drapion on the bench most of the time, mainly used for its poisoning power. that comboed w/ magmortar's burning Power, there would be no stoppin ya! I would appreciate it if youd @ least try it....

Yeah. No retreat is really one of the biggest points in this deck. I'll be buying a box of PT next week so it'll warrant some testing.

@Brokendeckz, that deck would have no synergy and Drapion would be a benchwarmer, sorry but I can see it already .-.

how did you get the pictures?

BTW, you don't need the rare candy anyway, either. And you need more Moonlight Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back