Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

I'll say "You're the Greatest" if you Help others...

Status
Not open for further replies.
lolganium speaks the truth! All hail lolganium! If lolganium is a kid, this post proves that he's on his way to manhood: his mind is already almost there!. If he's actually a full-grown man, his rightness will surely secure him at least some of what he desires.

Seriously, he's absolutely correct.

cheers man, actually im 16

Lolganium your comments about the US Marines are insulting and ignorant. Making statements in which you have no REAL knowledge or experience reflects poorly on you and demonstrates an immaturity matched only by your arrogance.

I dare you to say that to a Marine that has just come back after 3 tours in Afghanstan or Irag to his face.

Apparently your parents were too easy on you and didn't humilate you enough as you obviously still have bad manners, do not know to engage in polite conversation or civil disgreements and still talk out of your posterior in ways you would never say to a person's face.

Go ahead, just remember movies reflect reality and if its on the internet it must be true.

Moderators please close this thread as it has denegrated into more pre-pubscent bravado and posturing and no longer offers anything constructive other to serve as example of the immaturity and lack of wisdom being displayed by a number of the world's "future leaders" (Shudder).

Lolganium your comments about the US Marines are insulting and ignorant. Making statements in which you have no REAL knowledge or experience reflects poorly on you and demonstrates an immaturity matched only by your arrogance.

I dare you to say that to a Marine that has just come back after 3 tours in Afghanstan or Irag to his face.

Apparently your parents were too easy on you and didn't humilate you enough as you obviously still have bad manners, do not know to engage in polite conversation or civil disgreements and still talk out of your posterior in ways you would never say to a person's face.

Go ahead, just remember movies reflect reality and if its on the internet it must be true.

Moderators please close this thread as it has denegrated into more pre-pubscent bravado and posturing and no longer offers anything constructive other to serve as example of the immaturity and lack of wisdom being displayed by a number of the world's "future leaders" (Shudder).

omg get over it y'know. im english, i get insulted all the time both in real person and on here, not to mention on an american made movie (posh voices and snobbyness?) but i'll live. why are you getting so uptight? im not just making things up, its fact. if you cant accept that and gotta go crying to the mods to close cause i insulted you then i think its you that needs to grow up tbh. as you go through life, you'll find that people insult you or something that you dont want to be insulted ... but you gotta just get over it. and if mods do ban it then it shows the immaturity that has come from this forum; "oh, you insulted my countries army so please close it cause now its out of hand"

i heard a story not so long ago: a british seargent was sent to america to train a platoon of marines, he ordered them to be out on parade the next morning at 6 in the morning sharp and they laughed in his face. so next day they didnt show for parade at 6 o'clock, so he went into their sleeping quarters and threw them all out of their bed to the compound (even as far as throwing them through the window etc), after that they showed for parade at 6 as asked.

its stuff like that that kinda backs what im saying here tbh. and dont give me "you made that up" cause i met the guy.

I hate to say it but the sarcasm and rudeness is what keeps me on the boards. I seriously find it excessively amusing. On a note that is more on topic, I do believe that sometimes tough love is required for further progression in the game. I know that if people were not so harsh on my ideas when I came into the game then I wouldn't be as good as I have become at the game. If we candy coat our suggestions someone may actually believe that playing Mothers Kindness is acceptable.

I hate to say it but the sarcasm and rudeness is what keeps me on the boards. I seriously find it excessively amusing. On a note that is more on topic, I do believe that sometimes tough love is required for further progression in the game. I know that if people were not so harsh on my ideas when I came into the game then I wouldn't be as good as I have become at the game. If we candy coat our suggestions someone may actually believe that playing Mothers Kindness is acceptable.

this has been what i was trying to say all along! you gotta be cruel to be kind

today, a kid that has refused help for 4 years in pokemon said today that he wanted to be a good player ... i was soooooooooo happy! and now with some harsh but meaningful motivation he may become a true player

You "heard" a story...and thus the sky is red and up is really down, blah, blah, etc, etc.

I have heard many stories about the french military being cowards, yet would I say that the french military are cowards? No, because generalization is just another form of assuming, and you know what assuming does. ;)

Let's stay on topic.

I shuttered after reading Vanderbilt_Grad's latest post. It sounded exactly like my posts throughout the years. I've been stressing for years how stupid it is for the best players in the game to not take advantage of the best chance to help the mass as a whole, and how new players coming into the game have very little experienced bodies to approach for answers. "Oh, but if they approached me and asked me questions, I would answer them!" Yeah, why would they approach you at all? It's not like they've seen you help people out in the past. :rolleyes: Who are they going to approach more? The person who is helping everyone make decks over in the corner, or the person standing with a group outside smoking cigarettes? I wonder...

The internet gives each one of us the perfect haven to spread our knowledge and inspire and educate the younger generations of the world. Projects like Wikipedia are amazing to me when I think about all the people that are working together to provide information to everyone. To those that are working to do this in Pokemon, you have my respect. For all those that have the skill, have the experience, yet are choosing to stay quiet so to keep a small advantage over the populous, you don't deserve my respect.

Good thread. This forum needs more like this.

You "heard" a story...and thus the sky is red and up is really down, blah, blah, etc, etc.

I have heard many stories about the french military being cowards, yet would I say that the french military are cowards? No, because generalization is just another form of assuming, and you know what assuming does. ;)

Let's stay on topic.

I shuttered after reading Vanderbilt_Grad's latest post. It sounded exactly like my posts throughout the years. I've been stressing for years how stupid it is for the best players in the game to not take advantage of the best chance to help the mass as a whole, and how new players coming into the game have very little experienced bodies to approach for answers. "Oh, but if they approached me and asked me questions, I would answer them!" Yeah, why would they approach you at all? It's not like they've seen you help people out in the past. :rolleyes: Who are they going to approach more? The person who is helping everyone make decks over in the corner, or the person standing with a group outside smoking cigarettes? I wonder...

The internet gives each one of us the perfect haven to spread our knowledge and inspire and educate the younger generations of the world. Projects like Wikipedia are amazing to me when I think about all the people that are working together to provide information to everyone. To those that are working to do this in Pokemon, you have my respect. For all those that have the skill, have the experience, yet are choosing to stay quiet so to keep a small advantage over the populous, you don't deserve my respect.

Good thread. This forum needs more like this.

and the funny thing is; telling someone your deck before the first round really never made any difference to the outcome in my experience

My personal thing is that you are welcome to disagree with me, I even invite you to. But if you disagree with me and post utter stupidity as your reason why, I am going to put you through the shredder. If you post something logical or reasonable, the odds are VERY low I will become overly argumentative or hostile, since you are at least trying to think it out.

Again, my personal thing.

Not that some force isn't occasionally necessary and perhaps even usually necessary, but if what keeps you on the boards is the sarcasm and flaming, then couldn't you just as easily be posting on a Barbie forum? I'm not trying to offend anyone, but do you see my point?

Last edited:
Not that some force isn't occasionally necessary and perhaps even usually necessary, but if what keeps you on the boards is the sarcasm and flaming, then couldn't you just as easily be posting on a Barbie forum? I'm not trying to offend anyone, but do you see my point?

He doesn't play with Barbies, he does play pokemon.
Meaning he had a reason to be on this forum in the first place.

But do you get my point? Never mind, I'll rephrase that: You totally missed my point. Either that, or you're ignoring it.
The point is:

If all you want is to flame people and make sarcastic remarks, you don't have to pick any particular forum. As I understand it, that's not the point of PokeGym.

This is based on my own anecdotal experience so far, but as a new member, I'm really surprised at how welcoming as well as helpful all of you are. I'm probably not directly speaking to some of the later issues brought up in the topic, but based on my posts and based on my lurking, as long as the original post shows a decent amount of effort put into it, it gets back a decent amount of fantastic posts.

Everyone I have interacted with is extremely friendly and helpful. Color me impressed.

But do you get my point? Never mind, I'll rephrase that: You totally missed my point. Either that, or you're ignoring it.
The point is:

If all you want is to flame people and make sarcastic remarks, you don't have to pick any particular forum. As I understand it, that's not the point of PokeGym.

Excuse me? The point? Find me this "point" of the gym, outside of discussing and growing while getting better at the game.
Last time I checked none of the good players will go and flame someone just because they want to, he undoubtedly looks forward to it because some of the arguments people attempt to pass off are hysterical beyond reckoning.

Robert undoubtedly remembers the days when your average player on the gym was actually half decent, and the articles were written by people who actually knew what they were talking about. Nowadays its all terribads pretending they aren't terribad and simply ignoring all the skilled players on here, while arguing by flinging incompetent stupidity and attempting to present it as fact. In short, he was one of the original people on the gym, and undoubtedly daily contemplates the twisted mockery it has become, and watches as it turns more into the PokeCrater as time goes on.

So yeah....

Excuse me? The point? Find me this "point" of the gym, outside of discussing and growing while getting better at the game.
Last time I checked none of the good players will go and flame someone just because they want to, he undoubtedly looks forward to it because some of the arguments people attempt to pass off are hysterical beyond reckoning.

Robert undoubtedly remembers the days when your average player on the gym was actually half decent, and the articles were written by people who actually knew what they were talking about. Nowadays its all terribads pretending they aren't terribad and simply ignoring all the skilled players on here, while arguing by flinging incompetent stupidity and attempting to present it as fact. In short, he was one of the original people on the gym, and undoubtedly daily contemplates the twisted mockery it has become, and watches as it turns more into the PokeCrater as time goes on.

So yeah....

you hit the nail on the head with this post dude, props to you!

i remember those days (i joined the gym HL-on format, it seemed pretty good then) and like since then the gym has deteriorated into basically; new players arguing the toss with all the vets about stuff they have only just learnt about

im not the most vet player, but this is my 5th season ... and i can say without a doubt that the HL-On gym was miles better and more fun etc. than it is now.

as you say: "PokeCrater"

Who do you blame for poor articles, though? The ones who are writing them, or the skilled players that refuse to write them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back