Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

the under dogs a fighting chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

drugenalmighty

ive been setting in my best friends basement flipping through pokemon notebooks looking for what to play at states and this is what i came up with.

pokemon-24

4-machop
2-machoke
3-machamp (SF)
1-machamp (DP)

2-gligar
2-gliscor
2-gliscor lv.x

1-duskull
1-dusknoir (DP)

1-magikarp (MT)
1-gyardos (MT)

2-baltoy
2-claydol

supporters/trainers/stadiums-22

4-bebe's
4-roseanne's

1-night maintenance
4-poke radar
4-candy
2-switch
1-luxury ball

2-stark mountain

energies-14

10-fighting
4-call

strategy
ok so the main strategy is to start with machamp (SF) and do some easy donks. while that happening set up a claydol and have a gliscor ready to lvl up. after the machamp is donked bring up the gliscor lvl up paralyze poinson and hit hard. as your doing that set up gyardos. next turn setup machamp (DP) and use night slash and switch to gyardos to take the hit next turn then on your turn send it back at them with an extra 30 then after they donk gyardos send up machamp (DP) for an easy 70. after all that just rinse and repeat (if its necacery) also dusknoir is for suprise control and claydol is for draw power.

give me ideas on what to change, tell me i suck or just tell me what you think, thanks drugen.

I'd recommend either taking out the Gyarados, or adding more. Either it's a part of your strategy, in which case you want at the very least a 2-2 line or one Azelf, or it's a tech, and there are better techs you could use.

i think there may be too much going on here in this deck
maybe take out your gyrados line and gliscor
dusknoir and machamp are good separately but together they dont have much synergy

im not trying to change the strategy of your deck but if you do end up going another direction with machamp. ive found that he works well with metagross LA and pokeblower+ from SF

hope this helped

oh btw

also dusknoir and gliscor do well together without machamp aswell

I'd say either drop the Dusknoir DP in order to make room for more Gyarados, or drop both lines altogether. There really is a lot going on there, and that means it'll be really hard to have the right stuff on-hand at the right time. Especially since you're deck is set up to require a minimum or 3 Rare Candies in order to get your 4 Machamp and your Dusknoir out.

Hmmm looks like a deck I would love to play last year. Kinda meaning this:

loads of opponents will use uxie/claydol. If you lack the uxie your opponent will have a faster set up as you. DP Machamp is one I favour to but in combo with lv X Machamp, a must in this deck imho.

What would I do?

put in 2 Uxie

Drop DP Machamp and the Karp/Gyarados.
Add a Regirock tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back