Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Machamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

DptyMewtwo

So, here is my son's other deck he is working on. He likes both his Gyarados deck and this deck, he is worried that with Toxicroak G out there that machamp is dead? You try to donk with Machamp if not you can go into long game with him, DP is in there for an easy 70 with revenge, if you lvl up you do 130 damage. Please let me know what I need to fix on trainer line

Pokemon
4 x Machop
2 x Machoke
2 x Machamp SF
1 x Machamp DP
1 x Machamp LV.X
2 x Baltoy
2 x Claydol
2 x Uxie
1 x Azelf

Trainer/Supporter/Stadium
3 x Roseanne's Research
4 x Bebe's Search
1 x Luxury Ball
3 x Premier Ball
4 x Rare Candy
1 x stark mountain
2 x BTS
4 x Pokedex HANDY910is
3 x Buck's Training
4 x Poke Blower +

Energy
14 x Fighting Energy - Basic

Last edited:
well, if your playing straight champ and your opponent knows what he's doing with a toxicroak deck, its pretty much autoloss.

Pokemon
4 x Machop
2 x Machoke
2 x Machamp
1 x Machamp
1 x Machamp LV.X
2 x Baltoy
2 x Claydol
2 x Uxie
1 x Azelf

Trainer/Supporter/Stadium
3 x Roseanne's Research
4 x Bebe's Search
1 x Luxury Ball
3 x Premier Ball
4 x Rare Candy
1 x Speed Stadium
2 x BTS
4 x Pokedrawer+
1 x Cynthia's Feelings
4 x Poke Blower +
2 x Looker's investigation

Energy
14 x Fighting Energy - Basic

that looks a little better.

You definately want Stark Mountain in there. Speed Stadium is just...no.

I wouldn't think you'd generally need Buck's Training, as your primary attacker (Machamp SF) is attacking with either Take Out (no need for 10 extra damage if you're KOing instead,) Hammer Arm (unfortunate potential to do 0 damage, even with Buck's Training,) or Rage (probably already doing enough damage to 1-hit KO if your Machamp is out for the 4 turns - 2/3 with Stark Mountain - that it takes to attach 4 energy.)

In place of Buck's Training, I'd probably run Professor Oak's Visit. The same card advantage, but you get better options in the hand you end up with.

I'd drop the DP Machamp in favor of the SF Machamp. But, that's just a personal preference. I was just thinking that it's better to just have a better chance of starting with the proper Machamp, rather than having to do a Turn 1-2 search for a second Machamp to donk with.

You may also consider Regirock to work with your Stark Mountain. In the mid-late game, Regirock's Pokepower makes Rage an extremely reachable attack. And you need Rage, if you're going to tackle Stage 2 decks w/Unown G or Toxicroak G.

In your trainer line, I'd definately try to find someplace to fit Warp Point. It can be a lifesaver if you do run up against the G pokemon, as they rarely realize that two Toxicroak G is better than one.

In the same vein, Cyclone Energy may be a valuable addition to your Energy line, adding 3-4 in place of Fighting Energy. Frankly, after your first Fighting energy, it doesn't matter what the other energy on Machamp are, until you get to the 4th (which is probably stuck on by Stark Mountain, anyway.)

Godzfirefly is thinking of the same as me.

My tips:

drop the DP machamp add a SF

drop pokehandy for speedball (once those chops and others are benched you will hit the jackpot ;))

drop 4 Fighting energy for cyclone.

Personally would also drop Pokeblower+ for Warp Point

thank you, I will try all that. Except My son has played Machamp during Cities and told me that the DP Machamp has gotten him out of bad situations and he won't take that out. But on the trainer line thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back