Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Running Wild!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDoctor

Running Wild!

I've been thinking of posting this for awhile now and I finally have decided to write it!

My take on Rampardos PL and Machamp SF!

First things first the general list of the deck, brought to you by SteveP's deck list program!

3 Rampardos PL-13
2 Cranidos PL-46
1 Machamp LV.X SF-98
3 Machamp SF-20
2 Machoke SF-41
3 Machop SF-64
2 Sableye SF-48
2 Farfetch'd SF-38
2 Regirock LA-38
1 Unown G GE-57

Trainer/Supporter/Stadium
4 Skull Fossil
3 Roseanne's Research
3 Bebe's Research
4 Rare Candy
2 Cynthia's Feelings
2 Stark Mountain
1 Pokemon Rescue
1 Luxury Ball
1 Marley's Request
3 Professor Oak's Visit

Energy
15 Fighting Energy

The images!
displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Machamp SF
Machamp is Machamp, a force to be reckoned with!
At first I knew Machamp would be a top tier deck but I just never thought I'd like it until now!
Machamp first attack can auto KO ANY basic Pokemon excluding Toxicroak G and anything with Unown G. Considering SP decks will be the next new thing Machamp is just gaining more power and not to mention Regigigas!
It's 2nd attack is never really meant to be used and it's flip based so I have never actually trusted it but in those tough times you may have to.
Now the 3rd attack i find as a luxury, 60 damage plus an additional 10 damage for each damage counter on Machamp! May be a high cost but considering the next main card it isn't as bad as you think!

Rampardos PL
Rampardos is like the new Kingdra he can donk for 80 damage his body is also very useful considering some Pokemon have resistance against fighting type Pokemon such as Rampardos.
Rapardos's 2nd attack like Machamp is a nice add on 40 damage is below average for 2 energy but at least you get that nice -20 damage when your Opponent attacks.
Problem many say about Rampardos is that since it's basic is a trainer and therefore harder to get out, this isn't true if you have...

Farfetch'd SF

Yes the brown duck, some people do not believe he isn't useful considering we have Sableye but since you can get Skull Fossil out of your deck with Farfetch'd AND Rare candy, I gotta say you WILL have a T2 Rampy on the loose!
Not to menton you can also get Stark Mountain which I'll tell you about a bit later!

Regirock LA
Yes Regirock may be a pointles card to most but considering you can get 1 fighting energy from your discard pile and attach it to Regirock isn't a bad thing especially if you have Stark Mountain.

Stark Mountain
Stark mountain lets you move 1 fighting energy around your Pokemon for circulation AND Regirock pratically gives a free extra per turn! So say hello to Machamp with rage once again!

Machamp Lv X SF
Machamp X is more for the strategic trainer, 60+ damage is great but also your Opponent can hit back for an extra 60 damage which some may think may be risky but in the right hands and a bit of luck with strong will Machamp x is a great card to have, but if you can't get a hold of one it's just a nice luxury!

Sableye SF
Sableye is well... Sableye search your deck for a supporter and send it to the discard to use it as Sableye's attack, nothing more to say about good ol' Sableye.

Luxury Ball
Luxury Ball is a staple in this deck, it allows you to get ANY Pokemon excluding Lv X AND put it into your hand, the downside, if you have a Luxury Ball in your discard you can't play another one.
If only...

Pokemon Rescue
I found Pokemon rescue a most for a Machamp variant deck such as this one!
Machamp was KO'd? Other Machamp(s) in prizes? You have that needed rare candy but can't use it?
PoKemon Rescue is here to help!
Say hello to the same Machamp you just KO'd!

Cynthia's Feelings
Cynthia's is great combo'd with Pokemon rescue like what I said above, ko'd Machamp bring it back and Cynthia's for a fresh new hand!

Prof Oak's Visit
Prof Oak's is a nice card draw 3 cards I find this better then bucks and Mars, even though you have to put a card on the bottom of your deck you can still get it back easily and considering usually when you use Oak's it'll be when you have nothing in your hand except energy.
Oak's is also great with Sableye!

Rose and Bebe's
Nothing to say here just search your deck for Rampy or Champ/Champ X and get them out asap.
Also works well with Sableye.
T2-T3 Rampy anyone?

The Strategy

The ideal set up is either a Rampardoes, skull fossil, 1 energy and a rare candy or a Machamp version, if you can get this T1 and it is likely you'll have any easy game, but if this is not the case you have Sableye to grab supporters and discard them, well for support (oh awful puns how I love you).
And then you have Farfetch'd, like I said earlier use are good duck to grab Skull Fossil and other essentials such as Stark Mountain.

Stark Mountain is very useful some people over look it, Regirock and Stark Mountain give an extra energy per turn! Regirock lets you get 1 fighting energy from the discard and attach it to Regirock, whilst Stark Mountain lets you circulate the energy. See where I'm going with it?!
(This was not my idea but a good friend of mine!)

Considering the hyped G deck this deck shines, Rampardos does 80 damage which KO's almost everything in a G deck excluding any Dialga or Palkia G Lv X.
And not to forget about Machamp help out here also except when there's Toxicroak G active which can hurt but again this is why we received Rampardos!

People say fossil Pokemon are inconsistent, they aren't why? Just try! You'll be surprised how fast Rampy can be set up!

Other useful cards:
showimage.php

Yes some people say Azelf is a staple but I just don't see it needed if I'm using 3x of each of the main Pokemon.
But if you just feel like you need it drop a Cynthia's or Unown G

Uxie Legends Awakened

Like azelf this is a staple, yes I do suggest using it but considering it's hard to get your hands on one and I found that this deck doesn't need that much draw power I do not think you need any.

Claydol Great Enconters

Claydol is useful in this deck but I never liked Claydol but if you like it you can tech a 1-1 line of it in band take out a energy or supporter possibly a Farfetch'd, Sableye ETC.
But also considering the likelihood of Claydol being rotated is likely but NOT set in stone.

Poke Radar Legends Awakened
Not the best choice, but some just like luck.

Uxie Lv X Legends Awakened
If you're going to dish out 15-30$ for an Uxie you mine as well get the Lv X.
Nice draw power but I still find my original list easier and faster to use.

I do suggest all of the mentioned cards but I just find it clunky.
(other cards)
Devolutor and Evolutor are very nice in this deck, devolutor devolves prehaps a stage 2 to basic and KO it with Champ but again it can be risky and evolutor waste a turn just like devolutor.

I know some of you will attack my original deck list so I decided to add an additional decklist AND strategy! Here's an alt version of Running Wild- Knock Out Spree!

3 Rampardos PL-13
2 Cranidos PL-46
1 Machamp LV.X SF-98
3 Machamp SF-20
2 Machoke SF-41
3 Machop SF-64
1 Sableye SF-48
1 Farfetch'd SF-38
2 Regirock LA-38
1 Unown G GE-57
2 Claydol GE
2 Baltoy GE
2 Uxie GE

Trainer/Supporter/Stadium
4 Skull Fossil
3 Roseanne's Research
3 Bebe's Research
4 Rare Candy
2 Cynthia's Feelings
2 Stark Mountain
1 Pokemon Rescue
1 Luxury Ball
1 Marley's Request

Energy
14 Fighting Energy

Well the strategy is even easier this way but I STILL say use the original but here you go:
Set up Claydol for your good ol' draw power, set up Champ and Rampy as fast as possible, or even better a T1 Rampy or Champ.
Make sure to use Unown G often if not 2-3 Unown G (Just take out Marleys or Cynthias) to equip Claydol, Uxie or Regirock to protect them from Dusknoir and Gengar variants.

Uxie is really only for emergency draw power I advise to keep it in your hand as long as possible once Claydol is either KO'd play Uxie and try to get the other Claydol.

Besides that this IS more simpler then Running Wild!- So if you do have access to Claydol and Uxie tyr this one out and find out which on you like more.

Also please note if you do run the 1st version that your Opponent may get a KO or two if you're relying on Sableye and/or Farfetch'd considering they will be knocked but please do not worry about this this is normal especially if you can not donk or set up T1-T3.

Vs Matches

Dusknoir and or Gengar variants:
I found this to be an even or if anything in the duskgar's variants favor considering that bad weakness that hinders Machamp atleast there's still rampy to help out.

Drapion variants:
Drapion, Drapion will you ever see as much play?
It's unlikely and considering I only tested it against my own Drapion deck it creamed it but since I'm still not about this one but considering that Drapion is usually slower I'd have to say it's in Rampy and Champ's favor.

Kingdra variants and BlastCatty variants:
This really depends on speed I made this deck to be a T1-3 full set up deck, so depending on the deck you are facing and how well you play this deck it is either slightly in your favor. It really depends on the Kingdra/BlastCatty deck.

Regigas:
For Champ this is an easy win unless your Opponent has some very good tech in there deck..
Hugely in your favor, otherwise stated.

Grass Variants:
If you can flush out Shaymin X land and knock it out the game will be easier but considering Sceptile, Leafeon X, Torterra X the list is nearly endless and Machamp does have the rightside of the coin against all of them, so in the end I find it that it is in your favor.

Tyranitar:
I found Ty-Ty to be relatively easy as ong as they do not get it on T1-T2 FULLY charged other I found this to be on the easy side.

Thanks for reading and I hope to hear some comments!

Never mind here's the full article :p

Last edited:
This is a really cool idea!! I'm not a good deckbuilder at all so I can't give recommendations as to what to change. But good job. :thumb: Funny thing is, I actually had this same exact idea in mind before I even read it. :lol: Glad we have the same idea of how the two best donkers can be used. :biggrin:

They just work well together and I re-edited it to make it a real article but the only way you'll see it if it gets published.

EDIT: I decided to post the full arrticle so I can get some more insight.

With Machamp lv. X in play it is important to have damage advantage. Use lots of pluspowers and bucks training for more damage. Warp point will let machamps first attack work more often.

I like it, I had something similiar planned, but my conclusion was, it plays okayish, but isn't my thing. Why? Because you might as wel put a Gallade line in it considering the Regirock tech etc and the fact you could then put in a gardevoir only boosting draws further.

Nontheless may I advise -4 Fighting energy +4 Cyclone energy?

Call it Rampchamp ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back