Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

evil umbreon's states report

evil umbreon

ok so i asked my friend to type up my decklist (AMPHY) for me cuz my handwriting is bad and nobody can read it so i get up the next morning at 6am and registaration starts at 8am so i get to the shop about 7am and i looked around for any fighting decks and i saw only 1 so i was like whew no weekness today and so im waiting for my friend to get there and he gets there 3 minutes late and since he had my decklist none of us where alowed into states and the reason they where late is medical reasons and so patricia wouldnt let us(me and six other peaple) in we tryed to talk to her to see if she could give us a first round lose and she still said NO to us and i was there at 7am
and the head judge just left after she wouldnt let us in. so yah thats my AZ state's report hooray!!!!!!!!!:thumb::biggrin:

OMG that sucks... Even worse than last year when I almost got a first round loss because I was a minute late to nats (was in bathroom)

ok so i asked my friend to type up my decklist (AMPHY) for me cuz my handwriting is bad and nobody can read it so i get up the next morning at 6am and registaration starts at 8am so i get to the shop about 7am and i looked around for any fighting decks and i saw only 1 so i was like whew no weekness today and so im waiting for my friend to get there and he gets there 3 minutes late and since he had my decklist none of us where alowed into states and the reason they where late is medical reasons and so patricia wouldnt let us(me and six other peaple) in we tryed to talk to her to see if she could give us a first round lose and she still said NO to us and i was there at 7am
and the head judge just left after she wouldnt let us in. so yah thats my AZ state's report hooray!!!!!!!!!:thumb::biggrin:

I dont even think thats Legal!:confused:

there are some low life TO's out there i swear...:nonono::mad:

You should have been let in with a first round loss.

I would report this to PUI.:thumb:

Well, you're late, you're late I guess...even if you were there early, it is pretty much your responsibility to have your decklist with you. I mean, even if your hand writing is that bad, I'm fairly certain Patricia had plenty of spare blank decklist sheets out for people to fill out, as she usually does, so you could have easily filled one out or had someone else do so. So really, almost no excuse imo. I don't blame Patricia at all, your fault from what I'm reading, all the staff at AZ always does their best to run a good event.

Granted, I'm not familiar with any other circumstances that might be surrounding this, but that's my opinion.

Last edited:
but she wouldnt let 7 ppl in idk the point behind that but we were hopeing to go play some poke and have fun and one of the guys drove 8 hrs and couldnt get in.and one of the other things is that it took her another hour just to set up the tourny(plenty of time to give us a first round loss) the tourny finally started at 11am.

but she wouldnt let 7 ppl in idk the point behind that but we were hopeing to go play some poke and have fun and one of the guys drove 8 hrs and couldnt get in.and one of the other things is that it took her another hour just to set up the tourny(plenty of time to give us a first round loss) the tourny finally started at 11am.

All I can say is that's odds are, they wouldn't be any less strict at Nationals or Worlds, which is how they try to run the higher level events. Granted, if this were a BR or something, odds are trish would have been a bit more lenient, but States is kind of on another level.

it was filled with water melon and maron lol wich he won congrats and stop burning trish you know thei info on az states thread say you have to be in line by 945 or a round loss or you are not aloud to enter it so and i guess trish didnt want to handle it and for a bnig tourny she denied sign up for being late sooo

You know it's entirely YOUR fault? I believe in bold red text there's a notice that specifically states if you're late then you can't play. In your case though, why didn't you just talk to us? I had all the pieces for Gigas :/

Seriously guys, the TO was just obeying the rules of this game. The warning was in bold and the only blame you can place is on yourselves.

Last edited:
All I can say is that's odds are, they wouldn't be any less strict at Nationals or Worlds, which is how they try to run the higher level events. Granted, if this were a BR or something, odds are trish would have been a bit more lenient, but States is kind of on another level.

LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ive been to nats not once but twice and ive been to worlds not once but 3 times and they r never like this and it was a medical reason its messed up how she is. at nats last year that had a cap and they still let ppl into the tourny.BTW i no of no other PTO that wouldnt let us in with a first round loss.

Last edited:
LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ive been to nats not once but twice and ive been to worlds not once but 3 times and they r never like this and it was a medical reason its messed up how she is. at nats last year that had a cap and they still let ppl into the tourny.BTW i no of no other PTO that wouldnt let us in with a first round loss.

Well, that's how she runs her events. Deal with it. I don't think there's any rule saying she has to let you in with a R1 loss, it's up to their discretion as far as I know.

I would love to hear her side of the story, but from what I've heard this is utterly ridiculous. Chad drove 5+ hours to get there, Crim drove 3, and they got there a few minutes late. I heard her reasoning for not letting them was that it "was an advantage coming in with a round 1 loss." That's garbage. I want to hear the whole story; I hope there's feedback left to POP and a lot of it.

Oh, and Nationals/Worlds is much more lenient, at the very least allowing a round 1 loss (evidence in Pooka Worlds 05? or 06)

I was there; and the entire hotel room here.
We all side with Patricia.
We started late, and the people arrived late, and the night before.
Trish called one of the guys (I won't name names); and told him, Do NOT be late.
And since we had a bigger outcome, she couldn't let them in.
Even if they were a couple minutes late.
Their excuse; "We were up till late"
Well mostly everyone else drove and stayed late; thats not much of an excuse.
I agree, and most of everyone else did.
They were seasoned players, and they should know the rules.
That's just my view,
Go TRISH!

~New Mexico

Last edited:
at nats last year that had a cap and they still let ppl into the tourny.
um, at nats last year the advertised cap was disregarded because of mistakes that *origins* made when handing out event tickets. believe me had that not happened the cap WOULD have been enforced.

so you're comparing apples and oranges here.

'mom

I was there; and the entire hotel room here.
We all side with Patricia.
We started late, and the people arrived late, and the night before.
Trish called one of the guys (I won't name names); and told him, Do NOT be late.
And since we had a bigger outcome, she couldn't let them in.
Even if they were a couple minutes late.
Their excuse; "We were up till late"
Well mostly everyone else drove and stayed late; thats not much of an excuse.
I agree, and most of everyone else did.
They were seasoned players, and they should know the rules.
That's just my view,
Go TRISH!

~New Mexico

thats a silly reason Imo. so if your a Min late you Dont get to play.. Thats garbage.. So if i took the time to go all the way to AZ.. and i get there 2 mins late I cant play. Thats not right. i basically agree with mikey.. they should have been able to play.

im not even in the State but got a call and believe you me NON of you know the story as to why they were late and until you do i think you should get your facts first. It disgust me to hear this happened regardless of the event. I don't care if this had been a battle road. When something happens that envolves someones health the game is never bigger then that.For those of you who want to think you know what happen and pick sides try thinng before you speak when you dont have the slightest clue about Medical issues. It's not about picking side, it's about doing the right thing regardless of what was posted. We have rules in place for reasons, understood but It sickens me that Arizona States went the way it did. If this is how Spirit of the Game is handled in AZ, lord help us. I don't care about what players were left out but i do care about how we present the game and help it to grow. This in my opinion was a huge disservice to what I believe and try to promote for the game of Pokemon, YES a Game...

Last edited:
Back