Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Horrid Misplays/ Horrid Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was against Dialga G and had a Gliscor promo active

Flipped tails on cutting edge twice..........

Lost the game because of that.

I was using Shockwave Tyranitar EX in a Cities. My opening hand consisted of:

Swablu
Tyranitar EX
Tyranitar EX
Pupitar
Pupitar
Rare Candy
Rare Candy

My next 3 turns gave me two energy and another Rare Candy. :mad:
I think I ended up either 3rd or 4th though.

Horrid luck is the story of my life...

Regionals 0-9

I use almost the exact same list as my 9-0 legos + a few minor changes to improve my champ/gengar/dialga matchups.

In addition to playing 3 atolosses in a row, I keep drawing DEAD with my Uxies. I mean dead as in, Uxie for 7 and not get any energy.... At least I beat the 1 machamp I saw on the day... :/

After what you did to me at regionals......I think you had enough fun. Psychic Restore for the win makes me sad. :frown:

I switch an active gengar with 10 hp left to a full hp one against mirror, and he snipes the gengar benched and I dont get to use fainting spell :/

I had Dusknoir LvX out with 130 damage and damaged even a Balstoise with 120 damage on it, which would have been knocked out by the first time the Stadium card hit the table. I should have killed something else instead. Brain freeze.

i kept forgetting that my oppenent had speed staduim think thats what its called but i forget it every turn then i looked at my five cards on top of my deck tortera pl torterra lv x soem energy's and a bebe's lost me the round =(

My worst luck actually came in the form of a matchup... in T8 this year at Illinois states, my first round was a matchup against Palkia G/Meslock. I played Blastcatty. Can anyone say "autoloss?"

Round one at regionals I had 4 rare candy prized.

I was going 4-1 at states when I started with azelf and had 2 candy 2 claydol a roseanne's and luxury ball prized.

Nationals, last year
Top 8, Game 1, 3 or 4 Empoleon prized. Game 2, 3 or 4 Empoleon prized.

Regionals
Round 3, I play Azelf and use Time Walk, just for lulz, I extend my prizes to my opponent. Mesprit X, Uxie X, Palkia X, Mesprit MT, Energy Switch, Uxie are prized. Luckily I am able to still win the game by 4 prizes.

My luckiest, flipping 12 heads on a Speed Stadium. lol

My worst misplay was at regionals against Machamp.
With 4 cards left in my deck, Bench Uxie X(Gaurded, 2 Energies), Mesprit X(Gaurded, 1 Energy), Azelf X, Palkia X. Active Azelf.
Opponent has Claydol active (20 damage), Bench Uxie, Uxie, Uxie X, Machamp(1 Energy)

I Night Maintenance for 2 energies and Mesprit LA. I use Roseanne for Mesprit LA and 1 Energy. Trade Off get Energy.
Then stupidly I Restructure for his Uxie X, not realizing I can't retreat or have a switch. He sends up my Palkia X.
Next Turn retreat Uxie X, Take Out ftw.

I should have gotten Mesprit MT, retreated Azelf, and Zen Blade for the KO, then hope he can't KO my Uxie with Hurricane Punch, and Supreme Blast him next turn.

The only misplays I've had are letting people take there oh so many mistakes and misplays back and ultimately win and take my chance of top cut for once :nonono:

After going 4-0 with GG, using the same list that won that day, I get t1d by Sableye round 5 vs one of my 4/12 <60hp basics. Then I face a beedrill with a mewtwo start. Hetopdecks a last beedrill with a 1 card hand and 30 card deck to OHKO a fresh gardevoir or I win in four tuns. Prizing 2 key cards also hurt. Round 7 my opponent with dialga/palkia gets t1 uxie vs my ewtwo start, t2 claydol, and t3 dialgaX. After drawing all 4 sp metal by t4. I get sableyed again round 8.

4-0......4-4
My teammates with identical lists take 1st and 4th (they play in t4).

Horrid luck is the story of my life...

Regionals 0-9

At least I beat the 1 machamp I saw on the day... :/

How do you beat something and still go 0-9? Winning a match and still ending up with that record must really take some terrible luck, I gotta admit. Lol.

Anyways... Would I share my horrid luck? Of course!

At regionals with an Electivire SW active using discharge with SEVEN energies, I needed to flip a mere TWO heads to KO a Machamp in T16. I rolled 1/7... =/ So I obviously get KO'd. Time is called, I lost that game... and we go to sudden death. I start with a Sableye so I'm forced to go first. Any other game that's perfect, but that's just my luck against a Machamp in sudden death! Lol. We flip, he has a Machop, ugh... So I draw, I get a basic, at least I have some sort of hope for the next turn. I Impersonate to end my turn and he starts his turn. He draws, and he attaches, plays a few things to get cards out of his hand... drops an Uxie. So I know he doesn't have a T1 win... yet! He draws for Set Up, I'm so nervous... He has a disgusted look on his face, so I didn't think he got it. I'm so anxious to start turn to try for a possible win. So I lean back in my chair as he plays down a basic or two, but then he drops another Uxie! He draws each card slowly, I'm watching the expression his face... 5... 6... and on 7 his face lights up. I know he got it. He drops a Candy and a Machamp for game. :(

So much for lucky number 7! BOTH GAMES! Haha!

Last edited:
Bad Luck:
Losing BR Finals to a double T1 Macheap donk while having a hand with Roseanne, Bebe, Claydol and Abomasnow.
Flipping 3 tails in a row on Energy Pickup, losing the game with AMU against a random deck.
Facing all 3 Macheaps present at one tournament while playing Regigigas, one of them being a downpair.

Misplays:
Benching a 6th Pokemon while playing, not paying ANY attention at all.
Forgetting to Sacrifice with Gigas X, costing me the game.

Just a few things.

I am an absolute MASTER of bad luck. The irony is, after my opening hand in Round 1 at regs was: Sneasel, Special Dark X 3, Rare Candy x 2, Night Maintenance and my first draw was Moonlight Stadium... how much does it say about my opponent's luck when I say I won that game 6-0?

last year at regionals, me and my opponent needed one win to make it into the topcut (top 8, small regionals that year.) i was up by 4 prizes, and i just needed to draw one more to get it. my opponent (who is one of my good friends) switches to a ralts, and top decks a rare candy and plays a rare candy, evolves in gallade, and attaches a scramble and gets a 4 turn sweep, making me go to 12th place were i could have been in 6th in my second tourniment ever.

A junior at Worlds a few years ago had 11 energy on Big Explosion Exeggutor - he needed one heads to win and advance...

A junior at Worlds a few years ago had 11 energy on Big Explosion Exeggutor - he needed one heads to win and advance...

Serious? Even I would have gotten that! And I'm becoming known throughout Pokemon for this bad luck! Keep in mind people, when you need one heads out of 3+ (TSD is where this originated) to win the game and don't get even one... you've just pulled a Matt Ragan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back